Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 59 George Rogers Clark 51

Featured Replies

Great game by the Cats. Defense was great. Clark co had a couple guys that were monsters. Our guys did a great job on their playmakers. I knew we were shooting free throws well, but dicky said we were perfect from the line. Something like 14/14.

Was this game at Winchester?

Great game by the Cats. Defense was great. Clark co had a couple guys that were monsters. Our guys did a great job on their playmakers. I knew we were shooting free throws well, but dicky said we were perfect from the line. Something like 14/14.

 

We do??? I would like to know who they are. Cornelius is 6'3 and can be strong, but I wouldn't call him a monster. That would be the only one that would come close. He is the tallest player we have. We are a young team with 11 Sophomores. Rather small but very quick.

 

Yes Ashland was perfect at the line with 14 FT's. GRC did not have any players in double figures. Menchen was leading scorer with 9. He had 28 against West Carter last night.

The new Ashland coach is getting it done early. Nice win for Ashland on the road.

 

GRC will have games like this, due to age. I'll grade them in March.

The Cardinals are still missing these 3 things on a consistent basis

 

Energy

Effort

Enthusiasm

The new Ashland coach is getting it done early. Nice win for Ashland on the road.

 

GRC will have games like this, due to age. I'll grade them in March.

Agree. We handed West Carter their first loss last night and they are one of the top teams in the 16th, then drop this one to Ashland.

Agree. We handed West Carter their first loss last night and they are one of the top teams in the 16th, then drop this one to Ashland.

 

It's what young teams do but Sophomores become Juniors so it'll get better.

Congrats to my Tomcats and coach Howell. This group has been a nice surprise to anyone that followed last season and knew what they had returning. Keep up the great work guys!

Agree. We handed West Carter their first loss last night and they are one of the top teams in the 16th, then drop this one to Ashland.

 

As @TexasRanger said and you agreed with, I wouldnt put much thought into this loss. It's hard to win games on back to back days for any team, much less young teams.

 

GRC has a great coach and that will make a difference as the season progresses and your young'ins grow up. Also, Ashland has been a surprise to most this season in the 16th and also have a great coach. I forget where they were ranked prior to the season in the 16th, but I believe it was near the bottom. If I were a GRC fan I wouldnt look into this loss too much. Ashland is much better than most believe and GRC is coming off from a great win, against one of the favorites in the 16th.

 

As an Ashland fan, Im happy with where we are and there is still work to do. Bit the future looks bright under coach Howell. IMO, he is doing a great job with what he has to work with. He is a young coach and is not particularly a slow it down type of guy, but he realises that is what they have to do in some games this year to have a chance at winning.

^^^^

Slowing down sounds better than.."another loss"...

 

I like seeing young guys getting a chance, old retreads are not always the best answer.

As @TexasRanger said and you agreed with, I wouldnt put much thought into this loss. It's hard to win games on back to back days for any team, much less young teams.

 

GRC has a great coach and that will make a difference as the season progresses and your young'ins grow up. Also, Ashland has been a surprise to most this season in the 16th and also have a great coach. I forget where they were ranked prior to the season in the 16th, but I believe it was near the bottom. If I were a GRC fan I wouldnt look into this loss too much. Ashland is much better than most believe and GRC is coming off from a great win, against one of the favorites in the 16th.

 

As an Ashland fan, Im happy with where we are and there is still work to do. Bit the future looks bright under coach Howell. IMO, he is doing a great job with what he has to work with. He is a young coach and is not particularly a slow it down type of guy, but he realises that is what they have to do in some games this year to have a chance at winning.

 

Great post. Hey I am thrilled at the way we are competing this year. IMO our region is wide open and there are several teams that could be cutting down the nets, us included.

I remember growing up in Morgan Co and going to watch the AIT every year. Always have had respect for Ashland. Best of luck this year and hope to see you at the AIT this year.

The 3 Big E's are just a heartbeat away.

Nice win for Ashland. I feel like this GRC team is an up and down team right now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.