Is the number of DQ sabbaticals disproportionately on the rise?

What is up with all the ejections for multiple technicals? Saw more technicals in the Mike Murphy Classic than I normally see in a full season. Saw two players ejected for chipping T's and receiving 2nd T's for an immediate protest. Did not hear what was said, but isn't a two game suspension somewhat stiff for verbal reactions? Saw that Bracken's run in the AIT was side-tracked by losing a key player for two critical games due to an ejection.

Has something changed in how officials are to handle the verbals this year? If a player is reacting in a modest voice of protest and not trying to show-up an official for all to see, is the game better served by ignoring? Or is it better served by the official eyeballing the offender and waiting for the reaction then calling the 2nd T. Baseball umpire Joe West was the best at "eyeball ejections"!

Officiating is a tough, tough job! Just don't like the trend of ejections and wonder if it is the players becoming more out of line? Anybody got thoughts or inside knowledge?

If players keep their mouths shut like they are supposed to this stuff wouldnt happen. Shut up and play ball.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

When did it become not good enough to just celebrate a good play? It seems now you also have to demoralize your opponent after making a good play. I would love to see MORE Ts called.

Yes, the rise can be linked to the change that there are no more warnings. If you do something that's a technical, it's a technical, no more "calm down" or "you better cut that out."

For years now the pre-game captain meeting includes the warning. It's not new.

With that, many officials will still be proactive in trying to head off a problem.

I have watched a few games this year and have not seen one T.

Saw 10 of 12 games in Mike Murphy Classic. From memory, one game had one, a second had two, a third had either 5 or 6 (not sure?). Two players ejected than saw on BGP that Bracken lost one player in AIT by ejection.

Just seems like a trend that Caught me unexpectedly.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

When did it become not good enough to just celebrate a good play? It seems now you also have to demoralize your opponent after making a good play. I would love to see MORE Ts called.

All Tell, I remember a time when players DIDN'T FEEL IT NECESSARY TO CELEBRATE A GOOD PLAY much less to demoralize an opponent! They just went about their business and played ball. Any celebration occurred after the game among his teammates. I kind of wish that was the case today.

All Tell, I remember a time when players DIDN'T FEEL IT NECESSARY TO CELEBRATE A GOOD PLAY much less to demoralize an opponent! They just went about their business and played ball. Any celebration occurred after the game among his teammates. I kind of wish that was the case today.

I remember those days as well. I want the players to have fun. I just don't think it takes all the trash talking and boorish behavior that has become the norm to have fun.

The Greenup tourney had 4 that I seen. 2 coaches , 1 was during a tie up , the coach said there was 6 hands going after the ball (his player was holding) there had to be a foul some where, call it both ways. Than came the 'T'. The other coach did throw a marker. 2 players also, 1 for cursing and 1 , the ref said he staired at me and said" that was a foul". Both player "T" came from same Ref. I also learned if a player claps , fist pumps , or any other cleb move . If Ref thinks its directed at opposing player also can be "T" up. MY OP there s times for them , but don't over do it. The calling of 50 to 60 fouls a game is messing it up , now players have to watch how they fist pump , after a big play. And I feel a coach should work the Ref`s , just don't show them up. Its always been part of the game.

If I translate correctly you witnessed 4 Ts, 2 on coaches, 2 on players. I have no problem with any of them. It's time to clean the silliness that has become basketball at all levels up. Play the game, have fun but have class.

That's what he seen.