Bishop Brossart 61 Greenup County 51

Solid three days of basketball from the Brossart Mustangs who won the 8 team (Fairview, Allen-Central, Lewis County, Garrard County, Nicholas County, Greenup County, Brossart) Stultz Pharmacy Holiday Classic tonight at Greenup County High School over the host Musketeers 61-51.

Mustang Seniors Jackson Crawford and Jacob Zai were consistent in all three wins over Fairview, Lewis County, and Greenup County with Crawford putting up 23-19-18 (20.0ppg) and Zai right there with 22-17-17 (18.7ppg).

The Mustangs led early 19-13 at the first quarter stop and 32-21 just prior to the half which ended 32-25. Zai and Crawford sat out large parts of the second quarter, strapped with 3 fouls apiece. The Mustangs pushed back out to a 52-41 advantage with 5:12 to go in the game, when Zai hit four consecutive free-throws as a result of being fouled in the act of shooting and an ensuing Greenup County technical foul. The Musketeers rallied to cut margain to six at 54-48 at the :59.1 mark before the Mustangs hit all of their free-throws in the final minute to secure the victory and return the heavy hardware up the AA back to Brossart High School.

The Mustangs received excellent guard play from Logan Schultz throughout the tournament and Junior Bryce Kremer made his presence known by knocking down a 3 in Zai's stead, and a huge post-up 2 ahead of the third quarter horn. The tandem of Justin Rolf and John Ridder had big tournaments as well. There was no all-tournament team.

Promising sophomore Gage Hughes led the Musketeers with 23 points and Mike Hubbert added 14.

The now 9-3 Mustangs return home to host the Holy Cross Indians on Saturday at 5pm. The Indians have been competing in the Traditional Bank Classic at Lexington Catholic.

First congrats to Bishop Brossart on there win. A very well coached team and fundamentally sound. Greenup had no answer for there big ( Crawford) #33 I think, very smooth big. Greenup had there chance with Crawford and Zai both in foul trouble , but didn't take advantage. Greenup missed a bunch of lay-ups and bunny shots the hole game. I also feel Greenup was out coached , by not changing defense `s Greenup s Austin Grooms tried his best to stop their big , but was 4-5 inches shorter. Maybe a 2-3 Zone would have helped , when Greenup tried to double they found the open man. For a lot of open lay-ups . Greenup is now 7-5. And overall played pretty good in the tourney .

First congrats to Bishop Brossart on there win. A very well coached team and fundamentally sound. Greenup had no answer for there big ( Crawford) #33 I think, very smooth big. Greenup had there chance with Crawford and Zai both in foul trouble , but didn't take advantage. Greenup missed a bunch of lay-ups and bunny shots the hole game. I also feel Greenup was out coached , by not changing defense `s Greenup s Austin Grooms tried his best to stop their big , but was 4-5 inches shorter. Maybe a 2-3 Zone would have helped , when Greenup tried to double they found the open man. For a lot of open lay-ups . Greenup is now 7-5. And overall played pretty good in the tourney .

And there it is.

Why ?

Yes he got it, but it just looks bad. I'm sure some Refs are on BGP. And now they might be watching him closer , when I was a Ref I herd other refs talk about players before the game even started. Witch is so wrong, and I don't wont that to happen to any player in the state . Not just Greenup. I just think names should be left out , on things like this. There was 2 in the game, the same Ref gave both.

Yes he got it, but it just looks bad. I'm sure some Refs are on BGP. And now they might be watching him closer , when I was a Ref I herd other refs talk about players before the game even started. Witch is so wrong, and I don't wont that to happen to any player in the state . Not just Greenup. I just think names should be left out , on things like this. There was 2 in the game, the same Ref gave both.

Well, gotta take the good with the bad. Such is life and high school basketball.

And there it is.

That it is, I`ve tried to tone it down, but after another loss in a game that could have been won just like the Ashland game . I`ve got to put it out there. Coach Kidwell is on the bench now, so Tackett can move on at any time. In a Basketball preview Tackett was quoted saying" Losses only matter at the end of the year" so I`m sure he`s not too up set with the loss. I`m sure all the best coach`s feel the same.