Everything posted by psychicscubadiver
-
How Would Your Final 2A Top 10 Go?
Interesting to see most people putting DeSales over NCC. Anyone want to expand on that? I'm curious to hear opinions there.
-
50 Greatest Programs in Kentucky History: #50-26
Really interesting stuff. It was a bit surprising to see DeSales so low, but they are a program on the rise rather than a storied one.
-
Using the 12 finalists, what teams would you like to see play each other?
Those first three games would be great, I'd love to see them. I dunno about the last three, they feel like they'd be lopsided.
-
How Would Your Final 6A Top 10 Go?
I'm curious. Why put Lafayette over Trinity?
-
Thoughts on 2015 Championships
I'm curious, what would you have them do? None of the three break any rules of the KHSAA. Male isn't even one of the largest schools in male enrollment; they are middle of the class. Plus, Male has shown that a public school can run with the privates so that's not an excuse. Mayfield has won 5 of the past 6 titles in their divisions and Highlands has won 7 of the last 9. Should the KHSAA intervene in either of those cases?
-
Thoughts on 2015 Championships
Ah, so I was the one whom mistakenly took someone serious. But yeah, they are the only place I've heard called that. Although, 'Title City' would be a neat moniker for Louisville... :lol2:
-
How Would Your Final 6A Top 10 Go?
Oops. I didn't really think about that idiom before I used it. But yeah, I didn't mean it that way.
-
Thoughts on 2015 Championships
I'll take that. :lol2:
-
How Would Your Final 6A Top 10 Go?
1. Male 2. Trinity 3. St. Xavier 4. Lafayette 5. Scott County 6. Simon Kenton 7. Bryan Station 8. Manual 9. Cooper 10. Central Hardin I'm certain on 1-6, but 7-10 involved some opinions where facts were missing. True, but neither was Trinity because of how the tournament is structured. I would put St. X at third for a few reasons. They played Trinity and Male closer than any other team, and they only lost by ten to St. X (Cincinnati). They also beat 5A champs Bowling Green (although that was early in the season). The only black mark they have on their schedule is a close early season loss to Louisville Central.
-
Thoughts on 2015 Championships
:lol2: Just having fun, but got taken seriously. Although, I didn't mention Louisville or NKY (which is three counties). I brought up St. Matthews (one high school, 23 titles, 15,000 population) and Fort Thomas (one high school, 23 titles, 17,000 population) :sssh:
-
A question for the Historians
Ah, you judged by population density. That makes sense.
-
Thoughts on 2015 Championships
1. 2000, but only because of the Trinity/St. X dominance. Privates can win in other classes, but never with that kind of frequency. 2. 2013, thanks to Collins. A bit more often before six classes. 3. Neither, really. No demeaning them, but they'd need to do it at least a couple of years to earn a moniker like that. 4. I agree with ATLCat and would like to try a five class system, but I doubt the KHSAA would go for it. 5. Yes. A good way to reduce logistical problems is to mix adjacent regions and set them on opposite sides of the bracket. That way nobody has to travel outside of their half of the state until the semi-finals (which might possibly be held at a neutral site), which gives roughly the same travel times/distances as seen under the current system. How about the fact that other towns (St. Matthews, Fort Thomas) have more titles? :sssh:
-
A question for the Historians
You are correct. I was going off of what Colonels_Wear_Blue said, so we can blame him. 7 years of double titles since 6 classes, and only 2 years without.
-
A question for the Historians
It's happened more often than not since the change to 6 classes. Six years (2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015) when at least one county has won two titles. Only three years (2008, 2009, 2013) when it hasn't. I would agree that those five counties aren't rural, but what is the cutoff? Campbell County has 91,000 residents, making it 8th largest county out of 120. Pike County has 64,000 residents, making it 13th. Boyle is rather impressive seeing that not only do they only have 29,000 residents (36th), they earned all of their double titles before the six class system.
-
Regional Playoff Contest Final Round
Darn. Right in the mix, but I couldn't pull it out.
-
Belfry/Lexington Catholic Updates
Sheesh. This is the game I thought would be an upset?
-
Class 2A State Championship: Mayfield 17 Newport Central Catholic 7
Louisville is an Archdiocese. Also, I dunno how Owensboro or Convington would react but none of the clergy in Louisville would attend that meeting unless you beat Trinity. :lol2:
-
Class 6A State Championship: Male 41 Lafayette 14
I think any game would be different if a defense couldn't stop the other team's star RB. :lol2:
-
Cincinnati LaSalle (OH) 42 Massillon Perry (OH) 0 Division II Ohio State Final
They certainly 'went through' Colerain in their regular season games the past two years. :lol2:
-
Class 6A State Championship: Male 41 Lafayette 14
C'mon guys, this is Male's thread. We can run our mouths in the inevitable 'next year' threads. :lol2:
-
Class 6A State Championship: Male 41 Lafayette 14
Male's offense seemed really off-center in the first half. They had a ton of dropped passes. That defense, though, was rock solid. One TD to the pure athleticism of Walker Woods on a scramble, and the second one only allowed late in the game when it didn't matter.
-
Coaches: Help fans understand the game better - Answer questions posted by the fans
In the Male-Trinity game this year: The score was 20-19, one min and change remaining, a foul gave you half the distance to the goal line (1.5 yards). Do you go for the 2-points and the win or do you try for the XP and overtime? Hindsight is 20/20, but in that moment what would you do as a coach?
-
Best of the Bluegrass Roster
Anyone know the past results of this contest? I remember Louisville edging out a win last year, but I can't seem to find any previous scores.
-
Next year
I feel pretty good about Trinity. They played well this year, and the JV had a 6-0-1 record, with games against schools like Male, Elder (OH), Archbishop Moeller (OH), and ST. X (KY). The JV also got plenty of practice in varsity games so they have some real experience there that will serve them well in the beginning of the season.
-
Move the games back to Louisville!
Well, I decided to go ahead and apply some math to all this. Using Google maps and the twelve teams in the finals I did some calculations of travel time. I used Bowling Green, Louisville, and Lexington as possible destinations since those are the most often discussed. Average travel time to Bowling Green was 2 hour and 36 minutes. Five trips were over three hours, three of those were over four hours. Bowling Green was the longest possible trip for eight teams (Beechwood, Pikeville, NCC, Lex Cath, Belfry, JC, Male, and Lafayette) and the shortest possible for three teams (Mayfield, BG and SW). Average travel time to Louisville was 2 hours 6 minutes. Four trips were over three hours, zero of those were over four hours. Louisville was the longest possible trip for Pulaski County and the shortest possible trip for Male. Average travel time to Lexington was 1 hour 48 minutes. One trip was over four hours. Lexington was the longest possible trip for three teams (BG, SW and Mayfield) and the shortest possible trip for eight teams (Beechwood, Pikeville, NCC, Lex Cath, Belfry, JC, Pulaski Co and Lafayette). So honestly, after looking at the data I'd have to say Lexington is the most logical place to host it. If they could get a sponsorship going there like they have in Bowling Green, I see no reason not to move it. Anyone who wants a full list of the data I collected can PM me for it.