Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

psychicscubadiver

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by psychicscubadiver

  1. Never heard of many of the kids listed at QB for KY which worries me a little, but otherwise looks like a lot of talent is on the squad. Good luck, boys.
  2. This year's Simon Kenton shows that an undefeated regular season is not equivalent to a state title. Besides none of the schools have 'titles' from before 1959 because any performance during that time is subjective and open to debate.
  3. I'm going to take this to mean two best in the class, not the the two best that the tournament structure would allow. 1A: YES, because Kash Daniels was out. Otherwise NO. Paintsville and Pikeville. 2A: NO, NCC played very well, but from looking at both games I thought DeSales just edged them out. DeSales and Mayfield 3A: YES, Lex Cath is the team that survived the west gauntlet, even though they weren't the best match for Belfry, I have to give them the credit for making it through that crowded bracket. 4A: YES, South Warren just did what they did, I can't think of anyone in the class who would've done better than JC. 5A: YES, Fern Creek and Owensboro were very good, but I'd still have Pulaski above them. 6A: NO, Lafayette did better than I expected and kudos to them, but as has been oft repeated, the championship was decided in the quarterfinals. Male and Trinity If Kash Daniels were healthy I would add in Paintsville, but I'd take Beechwood out of the equation, not Pikeville.
  4. I'd love if they played Trinity again; that tied record needs breaking. I know it won't happen next year, but 2017 would be a great time for it.
  5. My team would be 0-0 against Belfry prior to 1949. :lol2: Although, that is interesting. I wonder how many other schools have missing records that bring down their overall total.
  6. KHSAA has all time winners for the top twenty teams already. Though they haven't updated for the 2015 season yet. ALL-TIME WINS (Entering 2015 Regular Season, Min. 500) School (Years) Overall Record; 2014 Record 868 Highlands (1915- ) 868-217-26; 13-2 844 Male (1893- ) 844-322-49; 11-1 833 Mayfield (1919- ) 833-251-32; 14-1 757 Paducah Tilghman (1904- ) 757-314-25; 7-6 742 Danville (1924- ) 742-238-34; 8-4 731 St. Xavier (1917- ) 731-285-20; 8-5 713 Owensboro (1893- ) 713-370-30; 12-3 665 Somerset (1907- ) 665-387-43; 0-10 659 Ashland Blazer (1900- ) 659-390-41; 6-5 654 Bowling Green (1922- ) 654-330-35; 11-2 653 DuPont Manual (1892- ) 653-447-37; 8-4 643 Middlesboro (1921- ) 643-318-30; 5-5-1 624 Hopkinsville (1905- ) 624-465-33; 4-8 613 Hazard (1926- ) 613-324-20; 10-3 609 Glasgow (1918- ) 609-368-29; 8-4 595 Bardstown (1912- ) 595-263-16; 9-3 576 Russell (1926- ) 576-356-24; 11-3 574 Trinity (Louisville) (1955- ) 574-158-7; 10-5 552 Paintsville (1923- ) 552-350-27; 10-3
  7. Do you really think people will fall for it a second time? Shoot, I'm surprised they bought it the first time.
  8. Yeah, so did I. I hadn't realized that Trinity had won that many district titles outside of the trips to the state title. Still, it's hard to argue with the results :lol2:
  9. I laughed when I saw the title. Then I read the article and laughed even more. Kudos, Guru.
  10. I can only speak for Trinity, but we keep ours in single massive vault like Scrooge McDuck. Right next to the science labs where our players are improved through genetic experi- uh, sports medicine. :lol2:
  11. I never called it a joke, I just disagreed that the game was 'respectable'. To me respectable means that a team was in the game and had a chance to win it. I never felt that way about Lafayette as their only touchdown for 90% of the game came on an amazing scramble that you can't count on repeating. Otherwise their offense just couldn't deal with the Male defense. I agree that this tournament doesn't guarantee that the two best play in the finals, no tournament can promise that. As I said before the part that grates is that this tournament structure guarantees that the two best teams won't play in the finals.
  12. I agree, but I'd still be proud of my Shamrocks so long as they played a good game.
  13. On a one-to-one basis I would agree that state titles are more important than district titles, but when you have a a siginificantly larger number of district titles then it means you've been good enough to win your district a majority of years, showing the sustained strength of the program. Unless you can definitively prove that a team as always been in a weak district, and I wish you luck tracking down that information. I brought Boyle only, because I wasn't aware people had an issue with Male's placement. Also, you never answered the Somerset/hypothetical team question. That's the crux of this... are state titles the only thing that should matter?
  14. Neither of those are comparable to what I'm saying, though. Is the one title hypothetical team better than Somerset (0 titles, 5 runner-up, 19 district titles) not a hypothetical team with 3-5 district titles and nothing else? Also, there are no teams ranked ahead of Boyle County without state titles. Corbin has 3 state titles to go along with their 30 district titles and 4 runner-up trophies.
  15. Shrug. I'm a Trinity fan and knowing the formula, I would be surprised if Trinity beat Highlands for #1. If Trinity isn't at least #2 though... :no:
  16. What about a hypothetical team that has a single state championship thanks to one good year, but no other runner up or even district title elsewhere. Would they be a stronger program than a place like O-Cath or Somerset, teams that are good every year, but just have never quite captured a title?
  17. 41-14 is respectable? Especially since seven of that fourteen occurred in the final minutes after the game was decided. Lafayette did better than I expected, but much of that can be traced to all of the dropped passes (that occurred due to receiver/qb mistakes not defensive pressure) Male had. Honestly, if it just happened by chance that the fourth best team made it to the finals that would be one thing. Looking at the tournament structure and knowing from the beginning that the two best teams won't make it to the finals is the grating part.
  18. Those communities represent somewhere between a third and a fourth of all football playing schools. I don't know the exact percentage off-hand.
  19. True, but even then that only applies in larger communities where you have a choice between schools. Outside of Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, and NKY most communities only have one, sometimes two schools to choose from.
  20. I think Highlands is a more likely number one than Trinity. Same number of titles, and I'm pretty sure that Highlands has more runner-up and district title wins. Trinity didn't really excel at football until the seventies.
  21. So they are doing the same thing, except different. :lol2: Honestly, I'd be a bit curious about applying a RPI index to determine classes within the state. That would certainly increase competition within each class, but then you run the risk of treating smaller schools unfairly. Should Mayfield or DeSales have been forced to play in the same class as Male or Trinity just because they are powerful in their class? Enrollment isn't the end-all and be-all, but it is a factor. That's see how that system works out in Colorado before copying it here. The solution to one 'problem' shouldn't create a dozen more. The part that most people, myself included, find ridiculous is shipping off those schools that do well to a 'National Tournament'. Completely and utterly unfeasible between the issues of travel time, the sheer cost and where that money would come from, who the governing body would be, and why any state or school would sign up for such a boondoggle. If you have a method to address those problems then I'm all ears.
  22. Shrug. I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm a T guy. I was just curious given the final score of that game. It's always interesting to see what the title winning team thinks of the teams they faced on the way.
  23. True, true. 43 out of 275-300 all time isn't bad.
  24. Chuckle, if so he should also put Central Hardin over Trinity and Scott County.
  25. Not a chance it could happen in Kentucky. We only have 14 football-playing private schools across the entire state and 10 of those are 2A or below. If the split somehow happened anyway I guarantee you half of that fourteen would stop playing if they had to match up against Trinity and St.X every year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.