Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cfuddy

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cfuddy

  1. Havent been completely tuned in so just saw this - i'll be the first to congratulate you ladies (especially the four 9th region 1rst teamers) - even if its a couple months late. Good job and well deserved!
  2. Academy FAQ I guess if I would have kept reading I would have answered my questions. It's good to hear that FC Cincinnati sponsors the girls DA program by providing significant financial support. 9. How does the U.S. Soccer Development Academy’s 10-month season affect FCC youth team players? U.S. Soccer requires all players who are members of the teams who play in U.S. Soccer’s Development Academy to play a 10-month seasons with their club team. In most cases this means players are not able to play high school soccer. There are exceptions for scholarship students at private schools, so if players are in that situation, they should seek advice from the FCC Academy staff. 14. Will FC Cincinnati field a Girls DA team? We firmly believe FC Cincinnati has an obligation to raise the standard of all soccer in our region, regardless of gender. FC Cincinnati currently provides significant financial support to Cincinnati DA, the local girls’ entry in U.S. Soccer’s Girls Development Academy. We sponsor the program as we currently do not have any girls’ teams or a women’s professional entry.
  3. FC Cincinnati to Launch Youth Development & Academy Initiatives This Fall I can't tell from the press release if this is only for boys soccer only but considering the constant restructuring of girls youth soccer you have to ask if anyone knows what (if any) effect the implementation of the FC Cincinnati club soccer "system" will have on the current girls soccer scene? “The FC Cincinnati Academy will not be a new club in the area, but rather a next step for the very best players in our region who have the potential to play professionally for our first team,” Luke Sassano, FC Cincinnati Technical Director, said. “As we begin to identify elite youth players in the Greater Cincinnati area, we have such enormous respect for all of the current youth clubs and organizations for their long-time efforts to grow interest and ability in soccer at all levels over the last several decades.” It is a very nice gig if you make the cut... "As with almost every MLS Academy, all of the FC Cincinnati Academy players’ expenses related to soccer competition will be covered by the club, meaning players and their families will not be asked to pay any annual fees or be charged any money to play for FCC. All of the players’ needs – including equipment, uniforms, facilities and team travel to and from competitions – will be paid for by the club." I wonder if these kids will be required to forfeit their high school soccer experience.
  4. Good win for Highlands - not sure what has happened to Manual. They were ranked #1 last week and then went 0-3-1.
  5. Players are too tired to keep playing in a post-season game a weak reason to go to a skills competition to decide who plays on or wins a title.
  6. Steal a page out of hockey's post-season book. Start triple OT 9v9. Then each team remove 2 additional players and switch sides every 10 minutes. Someone will eventually score.
  7. Bad calls happen even in big games - you have to accept that and move on. Life's not always fair is great lesson to learn at an early age.
  8. Congrats to NDA and good luck tomorrow. Great season.
  9. I think I heard 7th straight via the NDA twitter feed
  10. Or take a few players off the field and play 7 on 7. Kinda like hockey.
  11. She'd play at Turners on Friday and then in the catholic school league Saturday morning. Never could figure out why she would pick 3 quick fouls in her Saturday morning games.
  12. Yeah - I saw some interesting things down there and I guess I didn't really answer the question at hand - we knew what we were getting into so it didn't really bother me. I think I saw 2 people actually kicked out of the gym area in the 5 years or so we have been going there. Younger girls play Sunday afternoons - much different atmosphere than Friday nights.
  13. Anyone ever watch basketball game at Turners ? Very classic old time club. It's basically a cage match with the parents about 15 feet above the court hanging over the baselines. 6th grade girls league is Friday nights. Things can get very interesting - but my daughter used to love playing there.
  14. From what I understand most of the 02 group are currently freshman (some of played varsity last season) - a couple of the younger 02 players are still in 8th grade - Most of the 03's are currently in 8th grade and will be freshman next season. Even though most of the 03 players wouldn't play varsity as freshman (at schools like the aforementioned NDA) at least they would be in the pipeline. According to the upcoming KY Cup brackets - these KHA teams are deemed "Kentucky" teams: KHA G04 Red KHA G03 Red Will be primarily Freshmen next season KHA G02 Red Will be primarily Sophmores next season KHA G01 Red Will be primarily Juniors next season KHA G00 Red Will be primarily Seniors next season KHA G99 Blue (KHA G99/00 Red & KHA G98 Red are Ohio South) The rosters can be found here: GotSoccer Club Detail
  15. I understand that basically the entire 2003 KHA Red team is trying out for the CDA team - several incoming NKY Freshman girls in that group. Look for the pipeline to start lacking some of the higher level players. I am not sure how it will effect the girls already playing high school especially at the varsity level. We'll have a better idea after next week.
  16. Just to clarify - It was my understanding that there will be 4 CDA teams for the 2017/2018 season - these player will train and play year round: U14 Girls/2004 players U15 Girls/2003 players U16/17 - 2002/2001 players U18/19 - 2000/1999 players There will be another layer to the program which will consist of six pre-DA teams: This is geared towards players who want to continue to play in high school. U14 Girls/2004 U15 Girls/2003 U16 Girls/2002 U17 Girls/2001 U18 Girls/2000 U19 Girls/1999 The girls are pulled form the tri-state area with families from Cincinnati, Lexington, Louisville, Dayton, Columbus and everywhere in-between. I think most of the girls for CDA team may actually come from Ohio (with the majority from CUP) with a few players from the other clubs. I do think it will hurt the other clubs highest level team (such as the KHA Red teams) as it is foreseeable that they each could lose 6-7 high level players (even more at the U14/U15 level) to one of the two DA teams. Here is a map of the clubs in the DA: U.S. Soccer Development Academy
  17. The CDA team is exclusively for year round club soccer players - They have a pre-CDA team for the girls that want to play high school soccer.
  18. If both devices are apple products - Airdrop is handy and full resolution.
  19. I actually was just in the market for a used Iphone - here is what I looked for. I preferred local Craigslist listings so I could meet the seller at the store and make sure it transfers and activates. I had one fall through because it would not transfer accounts (I believe the seller still owed money on the phone). If the phone is paid off - I would get it unlocked by the carrier. That way it does not need to activated on the same network. I think you will have a hard time selling on Ebay with no feedback as a seller (you mentioned this will your fist time). I would try Craigslist and offer to meet at the applicable carrier to transfer. Also make sure you "wipe" it clean (and not with a washcloth) . Also remove your SIM card. $250 sounds very fair - you sound have no problem on Craigslist. Just weed out the scammers - cash only - local pickup only. Let me know if you have any questions.
  20. Cassidy is a great little player with a motor that doesn't quit - plays with my daughter on KHA.
  21. I had heard Sarah Schuh tore her ACL against Mason so that's a big loss.
  22. U.S. Soccer has announced 22 additional clubs that will be a part of the Girls' Development Academy, bringing the total number of clubs to 74. U.S. Soccer Development Academy
  23. I think it's inferred that the girls on this team would not play High School as the training and games are all in the fall. The CUP players (Gold and Black) are very strong and already encouraged to not play H.S. - so you are really looking at the KHA girls and I would guess generally KHA girls would make up the minority of that combined team. Of those KHA players - figure about half would be from Kentucky schools so maybe 2 or 3 KY girls per grade. Note that three combined age groups: U-14/15, U-16/17 and U-18/19. Very few in the that first group (Generally grades 7,8 & 9) would be playing varsity anyway. So the older 2 teams would pull directly from the H.S. teams.
  24. KHA U13 lost to in semis to CUP Gold (the eventual region II champs).
  25. On the KHA girls side... KHA Red U18 - 2-0-0 play at 4:00 KHA Red U17 - 1-0-1 - play now KHA Red U16 - 0-2-1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.