Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Selling an iPhone on eBay

Featured Replies

Has anyone done this before? Now that I have my 7 Plus I want to sell my iPhone 6. It is used but in good shape. Not many scratches. No broken or shattered glass anywhere. It's 64GB so I figure I can get at least 250 for it. I need to know what I can do to get the best price for it. Do I need to include headphones and a charger? Does it need to be in the box it came in? I have questions like that. Has anyone sold an iPhone on eBay and gotten its true worth and what did you do?

 

This will be the first time I have ever sold anything on eBay.

I've sold many things on eBay. The more you have with it the better but you don't need any of it. Just make sure you lost what is included.

Make sure your buyer has at least some positive feedback and expect to pay fees...even on shipping.

I would include anything and everything from the original packaging as you can. More than anything, it shows that you take care of things in general, so people will know that you took care of the phone as well. In the long run it doesn't mean much in terms of cost, but it's a good piece of mind for buyers. Which in turn will typically get you better buyers that are willing to pay a little extra for that piece of mind.

Has anyone done this before? Now that I have my 7 Plus I want to sell my iPhone 6. It is used but in good shape. Not many scratches. No broken or shattered glass anywhere. It's 64GB so I figure I can get at least 250 for it. I need to know what I can do to get the best price for it. Do I need to include headphones and a charger? Does it need to be in the box it came in? I have questions like that. Has anyone sold an iPhone on eBay and gotten its true worth and what did you do?

 

This will be the first time I have ever sold anything on eBay.

 

Might try Amazon Trade-In. It's hassle-free.

  • Author
Might try Amazon Trade-In. It's hassle-free.

 

Nah. I want cash. Not Amazon money.

I had better luck on Craigslist. Sold my 6 plus 128gb for $350, was only listed for about 12 hours. I had about 15 responses and ended up meeting a lady at an AT&T store so she could get the imei status etc verified and get it activated.

I use swappa for selling phones. Ebay is a solid other option though.

I actually was just in the market for a used Iphone - here is what I looked for. I preferred local Craigslist listings so I could meet the seller at the store and make sure it transfers and activates.

 

I had one fall through because it would not transfer accounts (I believe the seller still owed money on the phone).

 

If the phone is paid off - I would get it unlocked by the carrier. That way it does not need to activated on the same network.

 

I think you will have a hard time selling on Ebay with no feedback as a seller (you mentioned this will your fist time).

 

I would try Craigslist and offer to meet at the applicable carrier to transfer. Also make sure you "wipe" it clean (and not with a washcloth) :). Also remove your SIM card.

 

$250 sounds very fair - you sound have no problem on Craigslist. Just weed out the scammers - cash only - local pickup only.

 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Every iPhone I've ever had ends up on eBay. I always just keep reusing the same charger and my own ear buds. So basically I've got the box and all its contents new. The only thing used is the phone. I always do well on it. People always want the box that matches the phone, serial #, etc.

I would list the phone on Craigslist first. Ebay, Paypal fees and shipping fees will cost you about 20%, Paypal set-up is a pain for a one time sale. Make sure to meet your craigslist buyer in a public place.

I would list the phone on Craigslist first. Ebay, Paypal fees and shipping fees will cost you about 20%, Paypal set-up is a pain for a one time sale. Make sure to meet your craigslist buyer in a public place.

 

I always have the buyer pay shipping fees (and it's never been an issue) which are discounted if you use Paypal. Usually my total fees end up right around 10% of the total sale. For me, those fees are worth the convenience. Setting up and traveling to a face-face public meeting for an exchange is a much bigger pain in the rear than listing the item and dropping it in my mailbox and a one click transfer of money into my bank account.

I always have the buyer pay shipping fees (and it's never been an issue) which are discounted if you use Paypal. Usually my total fees end up right around 10% of the total sale. For me, those fees are worth the convenience. Setting up and traveling to a face-face public meeting for an exchange is a much bigger pain in the rear than listing the item and dropping it in my mailbox and a one click transfer of money into my bank account.

 

I don't mind the extra work, for the extra money. If you ever get an unhappy customer on Ebay it can be a nightmare. I sell regularly on Ebay but it is not my first option.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.