Everything posted by davewlex
-
Lafayette 49 Lexington Christian Academy 47
I think the whole private vs public school is not the issue in this instance. Look, all the kids in the Lexington area and even surrounding areas know each other. They all play together in the summer. They see each other at the YMCA or some of the local neighborhood courts. A lot of LCA students attend Southland Christian church as do many students at Dunbar, Lafayette, and Tates Creek. They are all dating each other and going to the same parties and hangouts. Any comments made by student sections directed toward the opposition is just competitive rivalry. I'm pretty sure none of the students take it as anything other than that. You should see some of the tweets that get sent after the games. I'm pretty sure that if any of the kids were offended that they wouldn't be following the same people in social media.
-
44th District Tournament Preview (11th Region)
Thanks so much for making me feel so old:/ When I was at Madison Central, Southern was just a middle school (Foley) and the district was Central, Model, Berea, and Madison High. I can't believe that was 30+years ago...
-
43rd District Tournament Preview (11th Region)
4v5 is a play in game vs #1 seed. That way the higher seeds each have an equal chance and number of games to play lower seeded teams. #1 doesn't get a bye...If #3 or #4 had to play each other and then face #1, that would mean that the #2 seed would get to face a lower seed (#5) than the #1 team in order to get into the championship game.
-
Could Long Layoffs Lead to District Upsets?
Fayette co public schools arent allowed to practice either...that doesnt apply to the privates though.
-
Who did not get a Senior night? List school here....
Dunbar
-
Senior night for 11th
Fayette County Public schools have a policy that no extracurricular activities are allowed when school is cancelled. The weather has wiped out school for the entire week here in Lexington and many senior nights have been cancelled due to this with no chance to reschedule since districts start next week. There has been some talk at different schools about doing something a little special for the seniors at banquets and such, but its just not the same imo. My son has been playing bball since he was 6 years old. He has had a rough year this year trying to recover from a preseason injury that kept him out for 8 weeks and he still isn't quite the same, but this just adds to a frustrating year for him. I'm not blaming anyone, its just an unfortunate set of circumstances with the weather and all, and it breaks my heart. I'm not sure how to go about it, but I would propose that we have a senior night for all the seniors in the city. Maybe host one or two games for the seniors and have the parents invited and let all the seniors be introduced before the games. If the money was an issue, I feel like several of the parents would be willing to help contribute...I know I would and the host school could probably charge a gate. It would be a fun night. It could even happen after the tournament, but I think it would be a good way to recognize the kids in their final season...especially for those that will make this their last time to play basketball in an organized structure.
-
43rd District Tournament Preview (11th Region)
That was another year that a handful of teams from the 11th could have likely won at state, but didn't make it out of districts and region. Madison Central with Hawkins won that year, but it could have just as easily had been Dunbar, Henry Clay, or Catholic.
-
10th Region POY and COY Predictions
I can't believe no one is talking about Thompson. I think it's gonna be between he and Henry, but I'm thinking Thompson stands out a little more.
-
10th Region POY and COY Predictions
...
-
Will ANY game, anywhere in KY be played tonight?
^^^
-
How many Schools drug test their coaches?
Sometimes I think the whole world is on dope...but you can't test them all...
-
Dunbar 83 Doss 82 (OT)
This was by far the best game I have seen Darius play in a while. That's not a knock against him, but he made so so many great passes when he drew the defenders it really changed the game. It might sound dumb, but I think Darius is a much better player at 25 pts than at 40.
-
Any big games this week?
Lexington Catholic @Dunbar tomorrow.
-
Harrison County 77 Pendleton County 62
Thompson finished with 17 pts, 17 rebs, and 7 blocks. Pulliam with 25 pts for Harrison as well.
-
Boyle County 72 Mercer County 67
We were told by 12th region refs that those calls may get passed the 11th region, but they make them in the 12th??? I'm pretty sure that gets called all night even in the 11th.
-
Boyle County 72 Mercer County 67
I watched that footage when it was shown few weeks ago. I'll just say that's not the first time that particular assistant coach has gone off on a fan. I have witnessed it before more than once and thought it was a little bit tacky each time. You just shouldn't get involved with the fans as a coach. He's got a bad temper imo.
-
Schools with "non-wood" basketball courts/floors?
We used to have one like this when I went to Madison Central back a long time ago. I'm not sure what they have now...I know the gym and campus has changed around significantly.
-
Am I overreacting?
...also, if I let him buy it, you know im not gonna get that change back
-
Am I overreacting?
In non regular games, such as aau and summer ball there are many times when theres no water. Its different in the normal games because the whole staff is there. If there is no water provided, ill get a gatorade and take it to the bench or hand it down. I usually would do it before the game or the half. Usually my kid looks over and gives me the drink sign. There is always water during regular season so its not an issue. There may have been a time when he was dealing with shin splints and cramps and I left him a gatorade before a game to get more electrolytes. During the summer, ive bought 5 or 6 bottles and gave them to the whole team. Its not an issue of not drinking after everyone, its just trying to keep everyone hydrated.
-
Dunbar @ Lexington Catholic tomorrow 1/22
I agree. I think for dunbar to win they will need to get an early lead. They don't want to have to play catch up at catholic like they have the last few games. Rivalry game usually brings good crowd from both sides
-
Dunbar @ Lexington Catholic tomorrow 1/22
Should be an exciting game. Any predictions??
-
Dunbar 77 Boyle County 69
Was really good to meet pp92. One of the nicest guys anyone could meet. Boyle is really good program. So sorry they werent at full strength. I pray that the young man recovers quickly and completely.
-
Dunbar 77 Boyle County 69
I agree, bell's shot was unbelievable. When he would drive the lane against decent d and just flip.."what just happened" and he just doesnt miss. Very good body control. Its scary to think what he can do when your big man gets bag to create spaces for him. Hagen is really smart and accurate shooter as well.
-
Best dunker in Ky?
It was Tisdale before he got hurt...wait...you mean in HS right?
-
Wayne County 85 Dunbar 84
Anyone got a youtube of this game or a link to a stream? I'd like to watch it again with a more objective eye, plus now that I've had a chance to relax, I think I missed a pretty good game cause I was all worked up.