Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Senior night for 11th

Featured Replies

Fayette County Public schools have a policy that no extracurricular activities are allowed when school is cancelled. The weather has wiped out school for the entire week here in Lexington and many senior nights have been cancelled due to this with no chance to reschedule since districts start next week. There has been some talk at different schools about doing something a little special for the seniors at banquets and such, but its just not the same imo. My son has been playing bball since he was 6 years old. He has had a rough year this year trying to recover from a preseason injury that kept him out for 8 weeks and he still isn't quite the same, but this just adds to a frustrating year for him. I'm not blaming anyone, its just an unfortunate set of circumstances with the weather and all, and it breaks my heart.

 

I'm not sure how to go about it, but I would propose that we have a senior night for all the seniors in the city. Maybe host one or two games for the seniors and have the parents invited and let all the seniors be introduced before the games. If the money was an issue, I feel like several of the parents would be willing to help contribute...I know I would and the host school could probably charge a gate. It would be a fun night. It could even happen after the tournament, but I think it would be a good way to recognize the kids in their final season...especially for those that will make this their last time to play basketball in an organized structure.

GRC was supposed to play Henry Clay on Thursday night. Our senior night was canceled on Tuesday, so our kids will not get one either. We rescheduled a game for tonight at Lexington Catholic and it will be their senior night.

 

I understand how you are feeling.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.