Everything posted by Straitshooter
-
Lexington Christian Academy names Doug Charles new head coach
It's all at the same campus. They share facilities and I'm sure 99% of the kids that play for the high school were on the middle school team. I doubt there are many programs in the state that have more communication with their middle school programs than this one.
-
Bullitt East 77 Spencer County 70
This is shaping up to be a pretty disappointing season for Spencer County. I'm sure their legs still haven't recovered from those games 2 weeks ago they played.
-
Great Crossing High School - New Football Program
I would be absolutely shocked if a McPeek gets a head coaching position in Central KY given their history.
-
Estill County hires Jordan Marcum as new head football coach
I have meet him before during his time as an Assistant at East Jessamine and he seems like a great guy. He coaches track too. Maybe its in Estill's plans to start a track program as well. That would be huge for football I would think.
-
Open Job: Lexington Christian Academy
He has been at LCA as an assistant AD for all of his time there. He left FCPS when he got the job at LCA I believe. LCA on the surface is a good job but there have been some changes taking place there that are hurting them I think. Financially I think they are struggling and fundraising is geared more toward the whole school than just athletics.
-
Dontaie Allen Hits The 3,000 Career Point Mark
Another thing that was pointed out to me by a high scoring player from the past: There was no 1 and 1 for fouls. That can contribute to a lot of extra free throws over the course of a career.
-
Open Job: Scott
Why is this the general rule? I work in school admin and that is not at all the policy in a public school. 1. KHSAA site is not an official posting. We have never posted an open position on there. 2. A coaching position is a supplemental position. Those don't even have to be posted. We have given positions to people the next day without it ever being "open". Certainly if you are looking for an outside person, the more places you post it the better the chance you will get a wider variety of applicants. And giving some time to allow people to apply is something that might help as well. But none of these things are mandatory in KY.
-
Teams changing classes
I don't think so. I think they would just deny that initial school's request to play up.
-
Teams changing classes
KHSAA doesn't force anyone to move that doesn't meet the enrollment requirement. You don't automatically get bumped up a class unless your male enrollment crosses the dividing line. Now, you may move classes and your male enrollment stays the same because their line changes.
-
Great Crossing High School - New Football Program
I've heard that Scott County and Great Crossing will share the football stadium. SC will no longer play at Georgetown College for their games. Probably for the best as that has tied their hands with scheduling in the past.
-
BGP Q&A with Scott County Football Coach Jim McKee
One thing I know about McKee is he HUGE on allowing kids to play other sports. Part of why he gives them June off is so they can play summer baseball and basketball. Remember they had Cooper Robb for the last 4 years on their team. He played basketball, baseball, and didn't join football till his summer baseball was over.
-
Oldham County 66 Spencer County 59
Is Spencer County young? I can't seem to find any post that has that information. :lol2:
-
Franklin County 73 Spencer County 70
Looks like another region-less year in Spencer Co. How many straight is that?
-
Pendleton County at Scott Thoughts and Predictions
I completely agree. I've never seen DA play but I've never heard anything but complimentary things about him getting his teammates involved even if he doesn't have to. I have seen teams that don't play "team ball". That doesn't sound like this situation.
-
Pendleton County at Scott Thoughts and Predictions
So do you mean they are the better team? Or do you think Pendleton doesn't play "team ball" because DA takes a lot of shots?
-
At what point is the KHSAA obligated to move a playoff game due to field conditions?
How would a neutral site be determined? Would they be other high school fields? High schools would need to volunteer to host. That would be money out of the pockets of the participating schools (who split gate right now anyway) because costs would be associated with bringing a third party into it. Would they be college fields? Most small colleges in KY have smaller stadiums than a lot of high schools.
-
Class 6A State Semi-Finals: Scott County vs. Madison Central
Does anyone know why this is at Scott County? I would think the game would be at Madison Central since they were a 1 seed and Scott County was a 3 seed?
-
Madison Central 28 Conner 27 (2 OT)
Conner kicker missed the PAT in the their second OT possession. Madison Central had to score a TD and make the PAT to win. I hate that for a kid.
-
6A Playoffs: Madison Central vs. Conner
Well said.
-
6A Playoffs: #6 Scott County vs. #7 Simon Kenton
The Scott County-Highlands game was called at halftime. One would have to think Scott County would've scored more.
-
6A Playoffs: Madison Central vs. Conner
I have seen them both play. Madison Central has some guys that look impressive in a football uniform. For some reason, though, they don't pull away from teams they should be better than. I think Madison Central takes this one at home. It's the end of the line for whoever wins either way with a potential Scott County matchup next week.
-
Scott County 2018/2019
Does anyone know if Isaiah Allen (formerly of Tates Creek, Dunbar) is enrolled and/or eligible for Scott County? I had heard he was attending Scott County in August.
-
6A Playoffs: #6 Scott County vs. #7 Simon Kenton
Scheduling is a two-party thing. You (SK) may want to play Male or Trinity but they may not want to play you. Male, St. X, Trinity already have very tough schedules due to district play and other requirements that they may have to fulfill. No one knew Douglass would be this good when the 2017-2018 scheduling cycle took place. Also, Male, Trinity, St. X, Douglass are decent drives to make a couple times per year. That can drain a budget. Scheduling is more than just seeing what's the toughest schedule you can play. That's just my 2 cents from someone who has been through the process.
-
Highlands/Anderson County Updates
Score?
-
Scott County/Frederick Douglass Updates
Update?