Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old_Bulldog

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old_Bulldog

  1. I was sitting to the side, so some of the ball calls that looked good, could have been outside or inside. However, I don't think there was a ball above the belt called a strike all night. When the catcher is set up behind the plate and he catches it on his chin, that is a strike! The ones that I had a real issue with were the low strike calls! If it didn't bounce, it was a strike (well most of the time). No consistency!
  2. Really no explanation for what happened last night. Dixie was the best team in the area all year. Unfortunately, they chose a very inopportune time to play their worst game of the year. It seemed like every close call went against them, batters seemed to have no clue what was or wasn't going to be called a strike (both teams). Seven errors, not including the 2 run-scoring plays when home was left uncovered, so really 9. Again, that's baseball in a one and out tourney. Of the 3 years that I have been following this tourney, IMO the best team has won it once (last year).
  3. I would be curious to see the pitching lines from last night. Did Dixie pitchers allow an earned run?
  4. Hard to beat anybody, when you spot them about 5 runs. This season ender will be a tough pill to swallow.
  5. Boo - no more walk-off magic for Dixie! Oh well, hopefully they can just win a couple going away!
  6. Who will the home teams be? If I remember right, last year teams from the lower bracket were home teams. Hopefully, it is the same.
  7. Dixie has been 3 or 4 pitches away from being 0-4 in their last 4 regional games. Instead they are 3-1. Gotta love this game!
  8. Exactly my point. Private and Parochials should be in a separate division, if there are enrollment based classes. In sports like baseball and basketball, that isn't a concern.
  9. Bunting should be outlawed!:lol2: **Disclaimer - be careful to turn down volume if work viewing**
  10. I completely agree. While the All A is a nice trophy in the school trophy case, it should/would be place lower than at least a Regional Championship. Another issue that I have with the All A is that I do not think that teams with out of district or private schools should be eligible (I believe Beechwood only had 1 or 2). That would really bolster the claim that it was a tourney for the little guys. In basketball even more than baseball, if you have a couple of studs who open enroll or have a Catholic school who pulls students from all over, how is that fair to say a school like a Ludlow or Dayton?
  11. I'm pretty sure of Ethan Harrison's favorite place to play. That's 2 walk-offs in the Regional Tourney for the Junior (he had the game winner last year in the first round against NCC). Although, I wouldn't have wanted to be on the bottom of that dog-pile on second base!:ylsuper:
  12. As soon as Ganns plunked Rudy, I turned to my son and said deja vou? Yes the Florence Freedom magic is still alive for Dixie!
  13. I was wondering why they didn't but I think you meant to say a faster runner would have been safer.
  14. I would go pretty much the same but I have Beechwood over Highlands, than losing to Dixie.
  15. This post was not posted as a response to MalibuRunner,'s post. I agree with him. It was just a comment to the direction this thread went.
  16. What I would love to see for the upcoming regional tourneys, is that no game threads be taken over by this type of garbage. Last year my son experienced probably the best sports experience of his life and all a few posters wanted to talk about was a couple of very minor statements "overheard" in the stands. Let's enjoy the games and leave it at that. If you feel compelled to complain about a group of fans or the behavior of a bench, either start a new thread or better yet let it go. I'm sure any reasonable person there will know who the idiots were.
  17. With all due respect to Ganns, I'm pretty sure Boone would rather face just about anyone other than Dixie and King as well.
  18. Well if Dixie is the favorite, they are gonna have to prove it. I would say they have the toughest road.
  19. "shes struggling", "give her a tampon to wipe her eyes", " she couldnt throw it in the ocean". I would say anytime that you openly disrespect your opponent by referring to them as she/her, that is crossing the line.
  20. How is the draw done. I know that the district champs will play a runner - up in round 1 but how is the bracket set? Blind draw?
  21. The original home of the ground ball - inside the park homerun! I don't think that field has ever recovered from when Holmes' football team used it to practice on in the early 80's :ohbrother:
  22. If the game was called in bottom of the sixth, is it not a complete game? Does the tourney have special rules?
  23. Lest we forget, everybody was ragging the 34th last year as well. Then they put 2 teams in the regional semis and one in the championship! I will give you that the 33rd is deeper year in and year out. Again, that goes back to the member school sizes. Of course, that doesn't always mean the best teams will come from the 33rd. There will just be less easy wins. However, I think the other 3 districts are relatively equal. The 35th is up this year with 2 of the best teams in the area. The 34th has arguably the top team in the area. With NCC being down this year, the 36th is down a bit.
  24. Gotta go with Dixie in this one. Any idea who will be pitching?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.