Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 10 Beechwood 0

Featured Replies

Final in 1st round 9th Region.

 

Birds run rule Beech wood in 6th WOW.

 

Joey Cochran scatters 5 hits in shutout.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey Cochrane completely stymied Beechwood's hitters. After early hard outs on fastballs, relied on curveballs as primary. Threw it about 70% of the time. BW continually chased low and away and must of had 8 or 9 pop outs or lazy fly balls to the right side. Complete domination by Highlands on all aspects. 10 runs, 15 hits, 1 error to 0 runs, 5 hits, 5 errors (pretty much paints the picture).

Joey Cochrane completely stymied Beechwood's hitters. After early hard outs on fastballs, relied on curveballs as primary. Threw it about 70% of the time. BW continually chased low and away and must of had 8 or 9 pop outs or lazy fly balls to the right side. Complete domination by Highlands on all aspects. 10 runs, 15 hits, 1 error to 0 runs, 5 hits, 5 errors (pretty much paints the picture).

 

That was the scouting report we got on BW hitters during districts and that was that they would chase curve balls and just couldn't hit them. Your report sounds like that was the case.

Good scouting report. Very obvious from their stance with high leg stride. Can't do anything other than reach and lunge at curveball on outside third. Smart Highlands coaching with Cochrane in command of his location.

8 stolen bases for HHS.

  • Author

Cochran was in command the entire game.

 

Will the Birds have enough pitching to win out?

Various posts have indicated the Birds have a fair amount of pitching.

Still have Martin and Bunning plus a few more. Birds have pitching depth that is for sure.

Stats say 5 errors for BW. I lost count of the mental errors. Bases uncovered. Senseless throws. Nobody backing up. A very lethargic team to say the least. No emotion on the bench. Impatient at the plate. Not what I expected to see. Kudos to the Birds. A very take charge, aggressive strategy. Sorry to see Suchanek end his HS career on a sour note. Good luck at Xavier! I am an alum and a regular at their games. Looking forward to seeing you play another 4 years.

Joey Cochrane completely stymied Beechwood's hitters. After early hard outs on fastballs' date=' relied on curveballs as primary. Threw it about 70% of the time. BW continually chased low and away and must of had 8 or 9 pop outs or lazy fly balls to the right side. Complete domination by Highlands on all aspects. 10 runs, 15 hits, 1 error to 0 runs, 5 hits, 5 errors (pretty much paints the picture).[/quote']

 

I am told it was the slider and not the curve.

Congrats to Highlands!

 

Best of luck as you move on!

  • Author
I am told it was the slider and not the curve.

 

It was coming hard and bending so I would guess slider as well.

I was shocked at BW's play and somewhat surprised at how they just didn't look to be into the game.

 

HHS stole 3rd 3 times with 2 of them not warranting a throw.

BW had 3 bad pickoff throws that allowed runners to advance.

BW CFer let two balls drop in front of him that should have been caught.

I think BW didnt get two runners on until the 6th.

I think many were like me and felt like when it got to 3-0 it was essentially over.

 

With that said I thought their SS was excellent.

I should add that I was not surprised HHS won. Better starting pitcher. Played a really challenging schedule this year. Very aggressive on the basepaths. Better overall hitters.

  • Author

To Beechwood's credit, they did have a few very hard hit balls that were directly to Ramey at 3rd and Whitford at SS. All 5 of their hits were legit shots as well. I also thought they didnt seem to show much emotion.

 

Highlands scored their 4th run on a beautifully executed Suicide Squeeze by DJ Mills scoring Whitford I believe.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.