9th Region Tournament

Even though the brackets aren't complete, the field is set. These 8 teams will be battling Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at Florence Freedom for the chance to represent the region in Lexington. Let tear apart all the scenarios. Who's the favorite? What's gonna happen? Here are the teams:

Cov Cath

Beechwood

Conner

Boone Co

Dixie

St Henry

Highlands

Bellevue

Ready, set, go.....

How is the draw done. I know that the district champs will play a runner - up in round 1 but how is the bracket set? Blind draw?

Blind draw for the 4 winners. They get placed on the "winners" line in each of the first games. That will then determine which runnerups are on what side of the bracket. At that point you will have a blind draw for 2 teams and then a separate blind draw for the remaining two teams.

If I were to rank:

1) Dixie. Best team all year

2) Conner. Best team in best district

3) Cov Cath

4) BW. Now is when losing Combs hurts.

5) Boone

6) HHS. .500 in May, .500 all year. Bad district.

7) St. Henry

8) Bellevue

Depends on the draw, matchups, matchups, matchups. For instance, I am sure CCH would rather draw Bellevue versus a Boone County. No knock on Bellevue (haven't seen them play this year), but I am sure they don't have the ace that Boone has.

Depends on the draw, matchups, matchups, matchups. For instance, I am sure CCH would rather draw Bellevue versus a Boone County. No knock on Bellevue (haven't seen them play this year), but I am sure they don'tg have the ace that Boone has.

The 1 seeds are praying to not get BW or Boone, Suchanek or Ganns. You get one of the others you can consider throwing your 2 in Rd 1

The 1 seeds are praying to not get BW or Boone, Suchanek or Ganns. You get one of the others you can consider throwing your 2 in Rd 1

How many times have we seen teams think of the second round first and throw their two man only to get beat. You have to play/pitch every game to win. IMO teams that make the regional are there for a reason and could upset anyone at any moment.