Everything posted by ggclfan
-
Cincinnati St Xavier (OH) 50 Central Crossing 13 (OH)
St. X is definitely peaking at the right time. Impressive win...
-
Is 192 teams in the playoffs appropriate?
I guess your definition of "earn" is different than mine. Many districts only have 4 teams - they all get in. There are more than a few teams that went 0-10, 1-9 or 2-8 and are in the playoffs. If you call that "earning" a playoff spot, OK. I do not.
-
Is 192 teams in the playoffs appropriate?
I think a bunch of young kids play these games out anyway. The HHS starters played ONE QUARTER last night. 2nd teamers (and 3rd and 4th teamers) played the last 3 quarters. Freezing the scoreboard?? Really??
-
Moeller (OH) / Miamisburg (OH) Playoff update
After watching Wayne tonight, I would not forget about them either. What St. X has done this season is impressive. They did not look good early this year. They have probably improved from week 1 to week 11 more than any team in Ohio.
-
Elder (OH) / Wayne (OH) playoff updates
I have not watched the whole game but I did see a Wayne FRESHMAN catch about an 80 yard TD pass and he just blew by the Elder secondary. He looked like a college kid (over 6' and put together)...This kid could be scary in the future!!
-
Elder (OH) / Wayne (OH) playoff updates
This one surprises me - thought Wayne was a slight favorite but they are just crushing Elder. The Elder defense has really been exposed the last three weeks (35 against HHS, 56 against Lasalle and a bunch tonight)...
-
Ohio has 7 division, with 723 schools playing varsity football.
Yes, they do NOT have a separate playoff in any sport.
-
Ohio has 7 division, with 723 schools playing varsity football.
Nothing silly about it at all. I am saying that no matter how many classes you have, the winners of each class will feel good about winning their class. And the fact that each winner will feel good about themselves should not have anything to do with how many classes any state has. Why is that hard to understand?
-
Is 192 teams in the playoffs appropriate?
Serious question for all the posters on here that are OK with the 6 class football system. Are you OK with all the other sports in KY not having more than one class? I think 6 classes in football is WAY too many and I think 1 class in the other sports is WAY to few. We've worn out the football argument but what about the other sports? I think we should have 4 classes in football and 2 or 3 in the other sports.
-
Ohio has 7 division, with 723 schools playing varsity football.
If we had 25 classes in KY, everyone who won a ring would still be proud of their ring. That has nothing to do with the argument...
-
Ohio has 7 division, with 723 schools playing varsity football.
But the same number of classes as Ky...
-
Is 192 teams in the playoffs appropriate?
My bad...was not thinking...about 30 do not...
-
Is 192 teams in the playoffs appropriate?
Just not as many...
-
Covington Catholic 39 Greenup County 8
Running clock?? How is CovCath on the injury front?
-
Is 192 teams in the playoffs appropriate?
I am sure someone has posted this before but I wonder how many states have all its teams make the football playoffs...Kentucky and Indiana do and Ohio does not. I really don't know about other states.
-
Ohio has 7 division, with 723 schools playing varsity football.
Around 220...
-
Is 192 teams in the playoffs appropriate?
You may be OK with teams forfeiting playoff games but most would lose their minds if teams did this. My guess right now is that if a team did so, it would face some serious penalties from the KHSAA...not sure about that though.
-
Is 192 teams in the playoffs appropriate?
Obviously a subject much debated. Kentucky is so weird - so many classes in football and one class in basketball - that is the problem. If we had 4 classes instead of the flat out ridiculous six, five rounds of playoffs would work. But since the brilliant guys running KHSAA will never reduce classes in football, we are stuck with too many ridiculous lopsided playoff games...
-
How many games had running clocks tonight?
Those scoring averages should be simply startling. The fact that they are not just show we are all numb to it.
-
Christian County 42 Warren Central 35
If that is true, I feel sorry for his son. I am sure he did not like moving and changing high schools after his junior year. The football would have been better for him at HHS for sure but take the football out. To move 3 hours away from your friends and class mates after your junior year cannot be fun...especially just for your dad to coach one year at another school.
-
Highlands 44 Boyd County 7
Was not at the game but was told running clock in the first quarter...
-
4A Playoff Bracket
No team is a lock but HHS is the strong favorite IMO. Regarding the rushing attack, you are right about HHS not having a "Harris" this year. They are more of RBBC this year. HHS used to spread out the carries among 3 guys but with Watson down, it will be primarily 2 guys going forward. Because of spreading out the carries, none of the RB's have put up the numbers of a Harris. The QB this year is as good, if not better than last year. Both were/are very good. Regarding the Elder game, they were down 35-7 at half but Elder did not let up in the second half. I was at the game and trust me, there are HHS fans who accuse me of being more of an Elder fan than an HHS fan (I am not but oh well). The point is that the 2 touchdown difference is indicative of the difference in the two teams. Elder is better than HHS but not by 4 touchdowns. It was a huge game for Elder. If Elder lost that game, they most likely would have not been in the Ohio playoffs. I am just glad the playoffs are finally here! We will know for sure if someone can knock off HHS very soon...
-
Kentucky Class 4A Rankings for 11-3 - Final 2014 Rankings
Serious question LEX...is LC healthy now?? If so, sounds like CovCath and LC may be as healthy as they have been in a long time. I hope they both are - I want all the 4A teams at full strength come playoff time. The ironic thing is that if LC and CovCath are pretty healthy, HHS may be the most beat up team now since losing Abner and Watson in the Elder game...
-
4A: Highlands or the Field?
My mistake then...
-
4A Playoff Preview - Gonna party like it's 1999?
I don't think any of us HHS fans have any issues with that RU. I appreciate the information on the contenders. Some very good info!