Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A Playoff Bracket

Featured Replies

  • Replies 76
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Boyle County/Knox Central game intrigues me. Can Knox Central pass the ball?

Highlands predicted schedule via FortThomasMatters:

Don't mark it in pen, but if you are trying to plan your November plans and want to see the Birds in the playoffs, you can use this guide. Depending on what happens in the 3rd round game, with a likely matchup between Cov Cath and Johnson Central, Highlands could end up with either 3 or 4 home games at David A. Cecil Memorial Stadium.

 

Ratings via Lexington Herald Leader's, Dave Cantrall. 4A ranking in parentheses. Highlands is ranked #6 overall and #1 in 4A:

 

1st Round Playoff: Friday, November 7. Boyd County (#29) @ Highlands.

 

 

 

2nd Round Playoff: Friday, November 14. (PREDICTION) Ashland Blazer (#13) @ Highlands.

 

3rd Round Playoff: Friday, November 21. (PREDICTION) Cov Cath #20, (#4) @ Highlands OR Highlands @ Johnson Central #12, (#2) (Paintsville)

 

Semi-Finals: Friday, November 28. (PREDICTION) Boyle Co. #16, (#3) @ Highlands OR Lexington Catholic (#7) @Highlands

 

State Championship game at Western Kentucky University: Saturday, December 6. (PREDICTION) Owensboro (#5) or Franklin-Simpson (#9).

Highlands predicted schedule via FortThomasMatters:

Don't mark it in pen, but if you are trying to plan your November plans and want to see the Birds in the playoffs, you can use this guide. Depending on what happens in the 3rd round game, with a likely matchup between Cov Cath and Johnson Central, Highlands could end up with either 3 or 4 home games at David A. Cecil Memorial Stadium.

 

Ratings via Lexington Herald Leader's, Dave Cantrall. 4A ranking in parentheses. Highlands is ranked #6 overall and #1 in 4A:

 

1st Round Playoff: Friday, November 7. Boyd County (#29) @ Highlands.

 

 

 

2nd Round Playoff: Friday, November 14. (PREDICTION) Ashland Blazer (#13) @ Highlands.

 

3rd Round Playoff: Friday, November 21. (PREDICTION) Cov Cath #20, (#4) @ Highlands OR Highlands @ Johnson Central #12, (#2) (Paintsville)

 

Semi-Finals: Friday, November 28. (PREDICTION) Boyle Co. #16, (#3) @ Highlands OR Lexington Catholic (#7) @Highlands

 

State Championship game at Western Kentucky University: Saturday, December 6. (PREDICTION) Owensboro (#5) or Franklin-Simpson (#9).

There's some team ranked in 4A that might give Owensboro and FS a decent game, can't quite think of their name right now

That Boyle County/Knox Central game intrigues me. Can Knox Central pass the ball?

 

I think if this game takes place it's possibly a running clock in Boyle's favor.

I think if this game takes place it's possibly a running clock in Boyle's favor.

 

Knox is that bad?

 

If a running clock is put on a ranked 4A team then ATLCat is exactly right. 4A is way way way down.

Figuring that HHS will either play JC or CCH in the third round, I looked at JC's schedule. Wow, is it ugly! Can someone tell me about JC and what they like to do? Running team or passing team or balanced? It is so hard to say if they are really that good when the schedule they play is that bad. They are beating teams badly but other than Belfry, every other team appears to be really weak and Belfry is a 3A school.

 

I will say it now. I know CCH has had its share of problems this year. However, they appear to be getting healthier again and as I said after HHS pasted them last time, the next HHS-CCH may be much closer. I think it is at least 60-40 that CCH beats JC.

Knox is that bad?

 

If a running clock is put on a ranked 4A team then ATLCat is exactly right. 4A is way way way down.

 

It's not just Knox I think the whole district is that weak, if you compare scores of Corbin and Danville and Corbin and Knox and we know what Boyle did to the ADS this is why I think Boyle could possibly have a running clock against Knox.

It's not just Knox I think the whole district is that weak, if you compare scores of Corbin and Danville and Corbin and Knox and we know what Boyle did to the ADS this is why I think Boyle could possibly have a running clock against Knox.

 

For the next 3 weeks let's get Boyle and LC together for a 3 game series. First team to 2 wins advances........

I know anything can happen believe me look at what happened to Boyle last year, but I've kept up with the other district this year and IMO It's just not as strong as our district, but you know what they say about opinions. Anyway it should be interesting the next few weeks.

I like North Oldham to come out of the west. Highlands rolls in the title game to win their 747483993383892928283893939948587 championship. You highlands guys have no idea how privileged you are to have the community that you have. I envy you. Bowling green finally got "it" and jumped on board. I feel that OHS has the talent year in and year out to be on that level but so much would have to change and the bottom line is it will never happen.

I like North Oldham to come out of the west. Highlands rolls in the title game to win their 747483993383892928283893939948587 championship. You highlands guys have no idea how privileged you are to have the community that you have. I envy you. Bowling green finally got "it" and jumped on board. I feel that OHS has the talent year in and year out to be on that level but so much would have to change and the bottom line is it will never happen.

 

 

I agree with the bolded. The attitude in BG is so much different now than what it was when BG lost 3 straight state championships. It takes that kind of attitude to maintain a program at that level.

I like North Oldham to come out of the west. Highlands rolls in the title game to win their 747483993383892928283893939948587 championship. You highlands guys have no idea how privileged you are to have the community that you have. I envy you. Bowling green finally got "it" and jumped on board. I feel that OHS has the talent year in and year out to be on that level but so much would have to change and the bottom line is it will never happen.

 

Interesting pick of North Oldham. They have the stud RB don't they? I've heard good things about that kid.

I know anything can happen believe me look at what happened to Boyle last year, but I've kept up with the other district this year and IMO It's just not as strong as our district, but you know what they say about opinions. Anyway it should be interesting the next few weeks.

 

I agree with you. Just go back and look how their District did in the playoffs last year.

Lets Go Colonels. It is a one week season now. Play together. Play with Pride.

 

Go Colonels!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.