Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Backspin

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Backspin

  1. No tale of the tape available at West. I know the CF didn't turn around.
  2. My vote would be the Ponies and the girls teams would be called the My little Ponies
  3. If this game ends in a shutout, would that be goose eggs in the region finals, semi finals, and the finals for JC foes?
  4. I understand. Haywood could use the same advice as well.
  5. Belfry didn't throw a pass and you didn't say anything about it. Just wondering. Enjoy other people's perspectives.
  6. Is Matney the only coach in the finals that has been suspended by the KHSAA?
  7. Another way to look at this, how many KY kids get offers from power 5 schools and don't get offers from UK or UL? I think this would be a better answer to the question.
  8. Not a fan of the week this game is played. But solid win tonight. Glad they replaced Sheldon Clark who replaced Belfry on the schedule. LOL
  9. I thought the reason to drop to a weaker opponent based on talent cycle was what I said. That is just my opinion. I don't have the basis of someone sending word to someone and someone else leaking the message and the someone else telling me. If I had that concrete I wouldn't have stated my opinion. Guess I was lucky and guessed right. Thanks.
  10. Have JC and Belfry rested starters in their final week game the last two years? Would this be similar? I realize they may have better odds but the fact that they tried to hedge whatever odds they had would be similar reasoning.
  11. Hit a nerve not really. I was just countering you opinion with some things that discredit the Belfry series claim. I do agree with JDE in that Belfry or 6A school isn't a bad thing, to play it the week prior to the playoffs is.
  12. Fair enough, I don't know the circumstances that cancelled the Belfry game. I guess I was on the wrong track as well. I thought the discussion was about not taking chances with some players in a meaningless game a week before the playoff starts. Was there a gap between the Belfry contract ending and the Tate's Creek contract beginning? I don't think Tate's Creek took Belfry's place. I think Sheldon Clark was in between. Based on where Ashland was in regards to talent level, it was a good move. The second year of the Sheldon Clark deal Ashland was only down 8 at Highlands in the playoffs with the ball and about 6 minutes left in that game. I don't think not playing Belfry nor playing Sheldon Clark had any bearing on that Ashland has only beaten JC once in the last 8 years or so there is little evidence to support the Belfry game helped prepare them. I do think Tates Creek is a bad deal all the way around. I thought this the day the schedule was released last year. It is wrong because of the week played and it is wrong because there will be a small crowd from Lexington. Having your best offensive player hurt while playing defense and your best defensive player hurt while playing offense in this game last year affected the potential rematch with JC. If Ashland wants to regain the footing it has lost with JC it has nothing to do with Belfry. The root cause lies within. Just my thoughts anyway. Glad I crack you up.
  13. Last season both Baker and OBryan were hurt in this game. Neither was healthy for the playoffs. This contract was a mistake.
  14. Ashland needs to take care of business tonight and then have their best week of practice for the Greenup game. That game will determine who gets a home playoff game.
  15. I think Coach Love does a lot of things well. That being said I believe his weakness revolves around decision making. He will tend to second guess himself when making decisions in the moment and is unwilling to stand on his gut convictions when making tough decisions that may ruffle feathers. Do I think this cost him a golden opportunity last year to reach the finals? Yes. Should he lose his job? No. He will improve as a decision maker with experience as a head coach. As he does the kids will believe in him more and more and the program will be solid. My only hope is that Ashland is able to retain Coach Tackett long enough to be the next guy. I believe he is key to the program.
  16. Very little chance. I have seen good teams go to Tank and walk out with the loss. However it is a program defining moment in that Ashland has a chance to end the losing streak at Tank something they haven't been able to do the last 8 years these teams have been holding serve on their home turf. Good luck this week.
  17. It would have been a punishment to watch more than 4 quarters.
  18. Sounds like it's gonna come down to penalty kicks
  19. i was surprised that Ashland didn't go for two after the second touchdown. They had a chance to go up on Raceland for the first time in the game with under 5 minutes to play. They game had the Raceland will win in overtime feel. Maybe should have fired the shot when the opportunity was there.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.