Ashland at Ironton (OH) predictions

Youngbloods

Ashland at Ironton (OH)  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Ashland at Ironton (OH)

Very little chance. I have seen good teams go to Tank and walk out with the loss. However it is a program defining moment in that Ashland has a chance to end the losing streak at Tank something they haven't been able to do the last 8 years these teams have been holding serve on their home turf. Good luck this week.

Even though this one is across the big pond, I think that Ashland will pull out a W. Each game imo you will see improvement. Ironton is still good but close to what they were in the Lutz years. Ashland ....probably in another ugly one but I would rather win ugly than lose "pretty".

Ashland wins by 6.

Ashland's undersized OL could have their hands full with Ironton. Jake Webb(6'6, 300lbs) and Larry Morris(6'5", 300+lbs) anchor the interior DL. Sophomore LB Tanner Wilson(6'1", 220lbs) looks like a big time player. He'll be terrorizing Ironton opponents for a couple more years.

Offensively, RB Andrew Scott has tremendous speed. Wilson pulls double duty as a bruising fullback. He didn't carry the ball much against Russell, but he's a strong lead blocker.

Ironton's got the size advantage, but Ashland's got the edge in team speed with the likes of Ratliff, Brown, Dowdy, and Colburn. This game will be an interesting contrast in styles.

Edited by DevilMayCare
Misspelled player name

As @DevilMayCare mentioned, Ironton's line will be a problem for Ashland. If Ashland is to win this one there will have to be a major effort from the skill position players. Ironton always has a good line, on both sides of the ball, then there is the factor of playing at the Tank.

Ironton is still down from what they were when I was still in school, but Ashland will have to play their best game of the season to win this one, in my opinion. As much as I would like to see it, as it would be a momentum builder for my Tomcats, I can't see Ashland stealing a win from Ironton at Tank Stadium this year.

This will be another low scoring game.

I believe the Fighting Tigers get a Lineman back for this game, possibly 2. One was a starter last year before being injured, he has been cleared to play. He's another big Lineman at around 6'5 300 lbs and was a load last year.

Ironton - 17

Ashland - 8

We got blown out by Wheelersburg 49-6 but we've slowly got a few starters back from last year. We beat Fairland 31-0 but they're a very young team. I believe the Fighting Tigers have improved on Defense, still trying to get the Offense going. We start 2 Sophomores and a Junior at the RB position.