Ashland Fans...........

Ram

Is this Coach Love's last year at Ashland?

Not that I don't like the guy, because I do and I think he was a very good Defensive Coordinator, but is he getting it done? The record against district foe, Johnson Central? Now the losses to Russell? Will we see a new face at the helm next season?

I've said all alone that if we get beet by Boyd, that may be the straw... I like Tony, I like the coaching staff. I'm just not sure they are getting it done. People have complained about our line all year, giving the qbs time. I've watched enough film to know that the line, for the most part, is doing their job. Granted there are plays here and there, but they are doing well considering. I just think that there are bigger issues than coach Love's job.

I've said all alone that if we get beet by Boyd, that may be the straw... I like Tony, I like the coaching staff. I'm just not sure they are getting it done. People have complained about our line all year, giving the qbs time. I've watched enough film to know that the line, for the most part, is doing their job. Granted there are plays here and there, but they are doing well considering. I just think that there are bigger issues than coach Love's job.

I agree, losing to Boyd County would be a big conversation piece.

What are the issues if it's not the line play? I know there has been, and is an ongoing QB controversy. Is that still a concern?

No. This is only his 4th season. He has gone

8-4

6-5

9-3

Ashland should have beaten Johnson Central last year, and then had 2 key injuries to their 2 best players in the Tates Creek game. I feel Love has done a pretty good job, you add to the fact that he is an outstanding person, and is always out in the community doing something to help or better the community. His job is safe.

I was critical of Love last year. I want to defend him from afar this year. Didn't all of the offensive production graduate? Baker gone, qb gone, who else?

The QB's are still there. Dowdy and Ratliff split snaps last season. This season Dowdy has moved to wide receiver/punter, while Ratliff is handling the snaps. Therein lies the QB controversy. Dowdy changed positions for the better good of the team, as Will Adkins is also an up and coming quarterback that is a pocket passer. I think some fans want to see what Adkins can do when given a fair chance to showcase himself. Ratliff is an incredible athlete that could play multiple positions.

As far as Tony Love being on the hot seat, I have been slightly critical of him in the past, but honestly it's too early to talk about firing the man. Most, if not all Ashland fans expected a bit of a down year this season so Ashland's slow start isn't really a surprise. Ashland seems to be platooning as much as possible this season which to me is a plus and will really help in the future as long as they don't scratch that plan. The main thing that seems to have some fans upset with Love is some of the player management/play calling the past couple of seasons. But honestly if everything isn't going perfect, fans get upset over those kind of things anyway.

No. This is only his 4th season. He has gone

8-4

6-5

9-3

Ashland should have beaten Johnson Central last year, and then had 2 key injuries to their 2 best players in the Tates Creek game. I feel Love has done a pretty good job, you add to the fact that he is an outstanding person, and is always out in the community doing something to help or better the community. His job is safe.

I couldn't agree more, great person, helps the community, all of that is wonderful. My concerns are when he totally revamped the middle school system, which IMO, is still in unrest, along with some coaching decisions, i.e. kicking deep to GW two years ago, and playing all your starters in the Tates Creek game where we lost impact players. Then, there is the fact that some people have said that he has underachieved the past couple of year with the talent we've had. Again, I like Tony, I like his staff, I just think that he might be in the hot seat... if we lose to Boyd.

I couldn't agree more, great person, helps the community, all of that is wonderful. My concerns are when he totally revamped the middle school system, which IMO, is still in unrest, along with some coaching decisions, i.e. kicking deep to GW two years ago, and playing all your starters in the Tates Creek game where we lost impact players. Then, there is the fact that some people have said that he has underachieved the past couple of year with the talent we've had. Again, I like Tony, I like his staff, I just think that he might be in the hot seat... if we lose to Boyd.

Boyd is one the rise IMO, and they're going to suffer some loses to Boyd County in the future. IMO a loss to Raceland is a lot more embarrassing. I have great respect for the Raceland program, but IMO Ashland should never lose to Raceland.

IMO one of the reasons they are on the rise is because Ashland let some really good coaches get away, and where did they land... Boyd. To me, you can't let people that have played at the highest level and have coached at the college level get away. You have to find a place for those guys. I totally understand what you are saying about Raceland and agree.

IMO one of the reasons they are on the rise is because Ashland let some really good coaches get away, and where did they land... Boyd. To me, you can't let people that have played at the highest level and have coached at the college level get away. You have to find a place for those guys. I totally understand what you are saying about Raceland and agree.

What former Ashland guys are coaching at Boyd County? I guess I haven't kept close tabs.