Everything posted by Florboard
-
Boone County 59 Conner 57 OT
And there are some who say there is not a Nell factor. She is great coach and I give her credit for having the ability to influence the game from the bench. What she has done with this group of young women has been nothing short of amazing and I wish her and Boone girls the best of luck. All those others coaches in the ninth are turning right now knowing they have to face Nell and her effect on the game. She is for sure the "9" man!
-
Boone County 59 Conner 57 OT
Great or not in this instance it was a BIG miss!
-
Guess Title IX only applies to regular season?
To me it is nostalgia, how many times a year is Diddle on national TV, how many professionals have played in Rupp versus Diddle, same thing for National Champions? Much more of an experience for a young man or lady to say they played at Rupp. Not taking away from Diddle but those are just a few reason that come to my mind!
-
9th Region Team Predictions???
You are correct and Boone has home court advantage. Nell will have her team ready and the best team will win. Should be fun to watch.
-
Notre Dame 62 Conner 34
ND is very good, those who note their length are exactly correct and they are strong. They have 3 D1 athletes on the floor and it showed. The other two starters are not that bad as well and I would think could play ball at the college level if they desire. They were well coached and their fans were first class. Conner needs to go back to the drawing board but I also think they were distracted a little because of senior night. No excuses because they got beat real good! Hope they rebound. ND playing like they did tonight will be tough to beat.
-
9th Region Team Predictions???
Coach Stamm will have his girls ready for districts. The 33rd tournament should be fun to watch!
-
Boone County 52 Conner 48
I say give the young lady some credit and focus on what she does well as oppose to her faults. She does mean a lot to her team and I believe coach Stamm believes in her.
-
Cooper 65 Covington Catholic 49
Are you talking to yourself?
-
2013 NKY Committments
Thanks Jesse, I also misspelled Ms. Voskuhl's name which should be Olivia Voskuhl. My apologies.
-
2013 NKY Committments
Please add any I may have missed: Jessica Jones/Boone (Tennessee State) Olive Voskul/ND (Cleveland State) Leah Schaefer/HHS (Xavier) Courtney Sandlin/Walton Verona (Bellermine) Jordan Scott/Conner (KY Wesleyan) Jesse Daly/HHS (Thomas More) Emily Pluto/Conner (Thomas More) As discussed I believe NKU and TMC would like to get Beal and I am curious who is recruiting Johnson and Oliverio from Ryle? Just my opinion but others getting interest and undecided would be Judy from WV, Bosse from SK, Rudd from Lloyd and Thompson from Cooper. Sorry for any misspelled names and look forward to any updates or insight.
-
Holy Cross 49 Conner 38
Great pictures Panda, the little girl looks to have great shooting form. Future star I am sure! Congrats to HC on a great win! I hope the Lady Cougars focus on a tough district matchup tomorrow eve in Hebron vs. Cooper.
-
Simon Kenton 64 Gallatin County 47
It is what I have been saying, Ky playoff system gives no credit to good teams for great seasons. Happened to Conner last year. I think the Basketball playoff system needs to be evaluated and provide an opportunity to reward good play throughout the season and possibly give more teams than one to win a chance to win a championship.
-
CCH Blake Bir to U Dayton
- BigZig Ranks NKY
i read as he gave a top four and suggested that anyone of them could be number 1. Not quite the kiss of death unless all four go down!- Conner 67 Simon Kenton 51
I think Jordan will have an exciting career at KY Weslyan and bet she makes an immediate impact. She will be a great scorer and from what I hear loves the game. I think Pluto will also contribute having some good diversity and can shut down play makers as well. I think Jordans love for the game shows every minute she is on the floor and I think Pluto is like having a coach on the floor, she has pretty good game savvy. I also think Conner will be a pipeline for girls playing at the next level for several years ahead. Good luck to Jordan and Emily as they move on.- Conner 67 Simon Kenton 51
Plus 70+ assists!- Conner 67 Simon Kenton 51
Putting her in the category is a compliment. Jordan is my NKY MVP YTD.- Owensboro Catholic 73 Gallatin County 60 (All A Classic semifinal)
Great accomplishment making it this far and I congratulate the girls from Gallatin Co. Good luck in the districts and the regions, I think you will make some noise!- Conner 77 Ryle 69
Congratulations to Conner, hope Pluto has a speedy recovery.- Boone County 55 Simon Kenton 42
Congratulations to Boone. The 33rd district playoffs should be very competitive with all four teams having a chance of winning the district. Should be fun to watch.- Highlands 63 Holy Cross 52
Congratulations to HHS on another impressive victory. This is one battle tested team and when Schaefer breaks out the ninth should be concerned. As I have stated in the past the ninth is very competitive and who knows who will be standing the end. IMO Voskul, Scott and Beal are Ninth player of the year candidates to date.- Highlands 54 Conner 48
A men! Shame on Pluto for getting into foul trouble and too bad Gambrell was injured. But again to be clear when they looked like "deer in the headlights" (as rean21 puts it), unfortunately they did not have a PG on floor. Hard to beat any press when you do not have your best ball handlers handling the ball.- Highlands 54 Conner 48
OK fair enough, Pluto was not on the floor when Highlands began to press and Scott did all she could out of position to carry her team. If those are factors that lead them to lose then I guess Mr. Clyde those who want to use names have that right.- Highlands 54 Conner 48
Would not argue that point although not sure how stats tells that story. I do not nor did not disagree that Gambrell could have helped, all I am saying is in your previous posts you mentioned 3 players by name and stated what they did to affect the loss, Conner lost by six points to a very good basketball team and gave them a good game.- Highlands 54 Conner 48
rean 21 u call out Pluto and Scott and suggest Coach Stamm needs to use his bench. R U questioning coach Stamm? My guess is he would have used his bench if he thought it would have helped. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions but I do not think it is right calling young women out who are trying their best. - BigZig Ranks NKY