Highlands 63 Holy Cross 52

Birds play without Abner and Graves. Birds go down big early and fight back for the 11 point victory. Freshman Brianna Adler drops 26 on the Indians. She is absolutely on fire! A very good team effort by the Birds. A lot of big shots and steals during the comeback.

Holy Cross is very good and not a team I would want to play in any tournament.

One question I have for the BGPers. Why is Beal not in more conversations for player of the year in Nky. She is the best I've seen. I've seen Scott, Voskuhl and obviously Schaeffer and I think Beal tops them all as an individual player.

Very impressed with #3 of HC, she would penetrate the lane and forced the Highlands bigs out to defend and she would lob it over top for easy buckets.

I was absolutely thrilled to see the Leah Schaefer of old take the team on her back in the 4th. When she is called out and challenged nobody at the HS level can stop her imo.

Big props to Adler for carrying the team for 3 qtrs and keeping it within striking distance.

Another great learning experience for the Highlands team as they play without their Sr leader out due to the Flu...

The difference this time, they persevere as a team, didnt quit and earn a nice come from behind win.

Last yr, this would not have happen, a bunch of young ladies have learned to adapt and grown up in a short time imo.

Thats a really good thing...:thumb:

Brianna Adler leads the Birds with 26. Defensive effort in the 4th quarter was stellar. Great coaching by J Rich to go to a zone late as Holy Cross couldn't make anything from the outside. Loss of Hassert for Holy Cross was big as she provided great energy and defense before she was forced to leave the game with an apparent forearm injury.

Very impressed with #3 of HC, she would penetrate the lane and forced the Highlands bigs out to defend and she would lob it over top for easy buckets.

:

HC #3 is Dajah McClendon, another impressive freshman playing varsity ball this year in NKY - Looking like a very good class for girls basketball.

Birds play without Abner and Graves. Birds go down big early and fight back for the 11 point victory. Freshman Brianna Adler drops 26 on the Indians. She is absolutely on fire! A very good team effort by the Birds. A lot of big shots and steals during the comeback.

Holy Cross is very good and not a team I would want to play in any tournament.

One question I have for the BGPers. Why is Beal not in more conversations for player of the year in Nky. She is the best I've seen. I've seen Scott, Voskuhl and obviously Schaeffer and I think Beal tops them all as an individual player.

Sorry, will need to combine these two posts.

Agreed on Beal being tough, I dont know about POY but very, very good, she scored majority of her points basically on drives and layups.

HC as a team not a perimeter shooting team, more drive and dish is what I saw.

If Highlands is healthy and deep tonite I dont think she has the game she had, jmo.

I did by chance overhear her telling a couple of girls walking out the gym that "Iam beat, and we ran out of gas"

Highlands depth and trap might just have had something to do with that:thumb:

I've always thought she was a legit contender.

I haven't heard word one about her college options. Anyone know?

Edited by Clyde

Congratulations to HHS on another impressive victory. This is one battle tested team and when Schaefer breaks out the ninth should be concerned. As I have stated in the past the ninth is very competitive and who knows who will be standing the end. IMO Voskul, Scott and Beal are Ninth player of the year candidates to date.

Brianna Adler leads the Birds with 26. Defensive effort in the 4th quarter was stellar. Great coaching by J Rich to go to a zone late as Holy Cross couldn't make anything from the outside. Loss of Hassert for Holy Cross was big as she provided great energy and defense before she was forced to leave the game with an apparent forearm injury.

Any update on the young lady that got hurt? She appeared to be in pretty much pain.

Congratulations to HHS on another impressive victory. This is one battle tested team and when Schaefer breaks out the ninth should be concerned. As I have stated in the past the ninth is very competitive and who knows who will be standing the end. IMO Voskul, Scott and Beal are Ninth player of the year candidates to date.

IMO you would have to include both Schaefer and Kiernan in this discussion.

Congrats to Highlands on a very nice win.

Spoke to her Father after the game and they were thinking it might be a broken forearm. Hope not as Hassert is a gritty player

That stinks, but is what I was thinking. She was definitely in pain and you could tell more than just a hard fall. I hope it's not. I absolutely hate injuries for anyone!

Beal, I do know that TMC was looking at her at the Brossart game and I heard that NKU may have some interest but that is purely hearsay on the NKU piece. Clearly there is a vast difference between those two schools in terms of level of competition. I know nothing for sure though so take the NKU piece with a grain of salt.