Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 54 Conner 48

Featured Replies

Final from Hebron. Highlands 54 Conner 48..

  • Replies 100
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Highlands. Great game!

Any info on the scoring?

 

Completely unofficial:

 

HHS lead by Adler with 19 and Schaeffer with 14.

Conner lead by Meyers with 18 (great game by this young lady) and Scott with 12.

 

HHS overcame a horrific night of shooting. They were 26% for the game and shot 21% in the first half. Unofficial stats had them missing 21 layups (a stat the HHS crew keeps). It was ugly shooting for the Birds. To give you a couple of examples...Shaeffer, usually a very nice free throw shooter (shot over 80% last year) actually air balled a free throw and I think they almost airballed two wide open layups. Not sure what was in the air tonight, but it reeked havoc on the birds shooting!!! Haven't seen them shoot that bad all year. I know the first insinct is to say the defense caused that. Conner plays good defense, but I'm not talking about the contested shots. I'm talking very good looks!

 

I don't have all of Conner's stuff, so I'm a little reluctant to post their stats. I think they hit 7 threes. Their largest lead was 14 in the 3rd qtr. and I think they were 13-14 from the line. Highlands late pressure really caused the cougars to struggle.

 

Scoring by qtr

HHS 6 12 15 21

Conner 12 16 12 8

Congrats to Highlands for come back win, however the officials made way too many touch calls on both sides & it took away from the game. Highlands hustled but having seen them twice, I'm still not all that impressed. Conner only played 7 players the whole game, so I think Stamm may have left some cards up his sleeve!! I watched all 3 games & Stamm has some serious talent on that freshmen team. They won 48-27 with only 7 players on the team. Frye is powerful underneath & strong rebounder. Vest can drive the lane as well as hit the 3s & hustles. Boelter is fast, has amazing vertical jump for her size, and can also hurt driving lane for pull up jump shot or hitting from the outside. Stamm has a very deep bench full of talent, so we'll have to wait & see how he uses that talent the rest of the season!!!

Great upset win for the Birds. All I can say is "upset weekend"

 

Highland wore the Cougars out...Period end of sentence. Waaaaaay too much Highlands for Conner tonite.

Great effort by Conner as they had a great game plan but were a little too "out muscled" by a more physical Highlands team.

 

I didnt see this win coming but we will take it especially headin down the stretch.

 

This was sorta a statement win imo, neither team held anything back, great coaching on both sides and everything was exposed, the better team won tonite....

Highlands played like 15 Seniors tonite....Very unselfish effort that defined who this team really is.

Birds lost their identity last yr losing their leader to an season ending injury but they have now reconnected and they rallied tonite as a TEAM and earned a win in Hebron...

 

I cant say enough about the Senior leadership on this team.

 

This is a very dangerous team imo...

Congrats to Highlands for come back win, however the officials made way too many touch calls on both sides & it took away from the game. Highlands hustled but having seen them twice, I'm still not all that impressed. Conner only played 7 players the whole game, so I think Stamm may have left some cards up his sleeve!! I watched all 3 games & Stamm has some serious talent on that freshmen team. They won 48-27 with only 7 players on the team. Frye is powerful underneath & strong rebounder. Vest can drive the lane as well as hit the 3s & hustles. Boelter is fast, has amazing vertical jump for her size, and can also hurt driving lane for pull up jump shot or hitting from the outside. Stamm has a very deep bench full of talent, so we'll have to wait & see how he uses that talent the rest of the season!!!

 

First of all welcome Raen21 to BGP,

 

Secondly, I am sad to inform you that Conner ran outta of gas and had absolutely nothing left in the tank. Girls basketball imo.

 

Better team won tonite and if they played 10 times Conner might win 3 of them, Highlands a tad too deep for Conner imo.

 

If Stan had anything left he would have used it, just

sayin...

 

FWIW Highlands used their Freshman tonite....

Our coach's name is Stamm...wrong again and I wish they could play 10 times why don't you just keep complaining about water

Our coach's name is Stamm...wrong again and I wish they could play 10 times why don't you just keep complaining about water

 

LOL, damn Highlands spoiled brats want bottled water and BTW they want their cake and eat it too...

 

BTW, I never seen you move so fast as your exit tonite resembled Flash Gordon....

Congrats to Highlands for come back win, however the officials made way too many touch calls on both sides & it took away from the game. Highlands hustled but having seen them twice, I'm still not all that impressed. Conner only played 7 players the whole game, so I think Stamm may have left some cards up his sleeve!! I watched all 3 games & Stamm has some serious talent on that freshmen team. They won 48-27 with only 7 players on the team. Frye is powerful underneath & strong rebounder. Vest can drive the lane as well as hit the 3s & hustles. Boelter is fast, has amazing vertical jump for her size, and can also hurt driving lane for pull up jump shot or hitting from the outside. Stamm has a very deep bench full of talent, so we'll have to wait & see how he uses that talent the rest of the season!!!

 

Highlands goes on the road shoots 21 percent and wins by 6 and your not impressed...what do you think of Conner? As far as the Freshman game goes they had 2 starters out and the 6th man out all which are 8th graders. The freshman started 3 8th graders a 7th grader and a 6th grader all girls on the bench were 8th grade. A win is a win for your freshman but i wouldnt get to excited about beating a middle school team. Highlands starting back court on the varsity are Freshman.

Sounds like the better team and coach won tonight. Getting out scored 21-8 in the 4th tells me that Conner was gassed and didn't make adjustments to stop the bleeding.

 

First of all welcome Raen21 to BGP,

 

Secondly, I am sad to inform you that Conner ran outta of gas and had absolutely nothing left in the tank. Girls basketball imo.

 

Better team won tonite and if they played 10 times Conner might win 3 of them, Highlands a tad too deep for Conner imo.

 

If Stan had anything left he would have used it, just

sayin...

 

FWIW Highlands used their Freshman tonite....

 

I am not sure who "stan" is but i will assume you are talking about Stamm, I am also not sure what game you were watching if you think they ran out of gas. The difference in this game had nothing to do with depth. I think Highlands went only 8 deep to Conner's 7. The difference in this game was the press by Highlands that Conner had trouble breaking in the second half. To many turnovers and fouls for Conner. To say that Highlands wins this game 70% of the time is stretch, considering Conner controlled 3 quarters of this game convincingly.

LOL, damn Highlands spoiled brats want bottled water and BTW they want their cake and eat it too...

 

BTW, I never seen you move so fast as your exit tonite resembled Flash Gordon....

 

You just showed why people don not like the bluebirds not telling the truth and bragging about a win you shouldn't have turnovers not good defense not missed layups if you really think they could beat Conner 7times in 10 you don't know anything about girls basketball

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.