Everything posted by Big Fundamental
-
Coach Mcfarland Out at Ryle?
And, in regards to football, wasn't one of their coaches "run out by parents" as well, recently? All rumors, maybe.
-
Coach Mcfarland Out at Ryle?
Boys basketball struggled even before McFarland. He is far from the problem. Or, ONLY problem. Ryle is a huge school in NKY and has not been a legit contender for a regional title in near a decade or more.
-
9th Region Boys Tourney - Pre-District Picks and Favorite
Dixie was average last year. On the weaker side of the bracket, sure, but, if memory serves, many, or most, picked Newport to come out of that side of the bracket.
-
What will be the best district final Thursday in NKY?
Respectfully, I disagree. I think it’s Cooper and CovCaths to lose. If their is a dark horse, it is Beechwood, and a darker dark horse is maybe Highlands, if they have an incredible run and get the right draw.
-
Dixie Heights 67 Lloyd Memorial 58 (34th District Semifinals)
Isn’t the D3 conference based on school size? Or, how do they determine that I should ask? And, their schedule didn’t prepare them for Dixie? They beat Dixie in the regular season. And, they played Walton, NewCath, Holmes, Newport, Gallatin, Highlands, Brossart, and Boone and Ryle (bigger schools that are down this year, but not Lloyd’s fault). Who do you want them to play? Cooper, CCH, Scott County, Henry Clay, and Campbell County?
-
Coach Mcfarland Out at Ryle?
It’s been in other threads. Supposedly the better players didn’t wanna play so they are just roaming the halls as students.
-
9th Region Boys Tourney - Pre-District Picks and Favorite
I was certainly wrong about Dixie! I’m owning that. Good for them. I’ll stick with my projection of not winning a game, but with that said, they made the final last year in stunning fashion. Congrats to Coach S. and his guys.
-
What will be the best district final Thursday in NKY?
Oh, I’m aware of how it works. Just meant that this district may be the only with 2 teams actually good enough to make it to the finals. Not sure both Newport/Highlands or Cooper/Conner can make it to the finals together.
-
Dixie/Lloyd Updates
67-58. Dixie. Final.
-
Coach Mcfarland Out at Ryle?
Winning is just as much about players as it is coaches. I have seen many really good teams/players over come bad coaching. Maybe not win championships, but win games for sure. I’ve also seen great coaches get the most out of below average teams/players. Again, not win championships, but win. Good players make good coaches. And, great coaches make below average teams better. I do know this to be true.... if a coach thinks a player is good, and can truly help, he’ll play. So, if those parents want to see playing time, they would. If a coach believes a kid can’t play, or help win, then they won’t be on the floor, and seemingly quit (at Ryle). All this nonsense of “the best players are roaming the halls” seems like a lie people are telling themselves and others to justify a man losing his job.
-
What will be the best district final Thursday in NKY?
CCH vs. Beechwood is probably the best Thursday night game, as it could be a potential matchup for a regional championship since they’ll have to end up on opposite sides. Not sure any other district could honestly say that. That said, Highlands Vs. Newport May have the most entertaining player matchups.
-
What will be the best district final Thursday in NKY?
Doesn’t Lloyd have to beat Dixie tonight, first?
-
Conner vs Cooper (33 District Finals) Predictions
Cooper. 10+. It’s tournament time. Cooper will be locked in and in championship form. Young Conner team in unfamiliar territory.
-
Coach Mcfarland Out at Ryle?
This is the piece everyone leaves out. Communities have to support programs/coaches in good times and bad. If parents aren’t invested, why would their kids be?
-
Coach Mcfarland Out at Ryle?
McFarland is a good coach. Knows the game, grew up in a family with a coach, played the game, did a good job at Dixie. Tough job, imo. Good luck to whoever is next. Surely some talent.
-
Coach Mcfarland Out at Ryle?
Woww. Season over for 10 minutes. I guess someone had to ask...
-
Highlands vs Newport Catholic (36th District) Predictions
Is this his first game back?
-
Highlands vs Newport Catholic (36th District) Predictions
Highlands wins, double digits.
-
9th Region Final Rankings and District Tournament Preview
Thanks for all the reporting and prognosticating PP1! Well done. And, always enjoyed the read.
-
9th Region Final Rankings and District Tournament Preview
I read this about the things Beechwood did that Cooper and Newport couldn’t do, but Newport and Cooper did what Campbell and CovCath couldnt... beat Beechwood. And, if memory serves correctly, Newport is the only team to beat the Wood in Ft. Mitchell. Then, somehow, Newport is picked to lose to whoever wins the Highlands/NCC game, but CovCath and Cooper are picked to win their district. That said, I think Beechwood beats HC pretty easily, and gives CCH a real run for their money. I guess opinions are like elbows.... Just can’t wait to see the regional shape up.
-
NKBBCA All-Stars
Hardings ranking surprises me. He’s an excellent all-around player, and maybe one of the most versatile/productive. But, if he ranked top 3, that’s still great. Deere, though... being a top player in the region is about more than scoring. If he averaged 20+ maybe I’d see your point. He averages 13ish. That said, totally agree on the “politics” statement. But, that’s a given.
-
Scott 65 Cooper 62 (OT)
Sullivan would never let his players blame officials... so their fans shouldn’t either. On the road at Scott, and playing with a different trio of regional officials, is a different game, but no excuse. I believe this only lights Coopers fire.
-
9th Region Boys Tourney - Pre-District Picks and Favorite
I believe 1 of 2 teams will win it (CovCath/Cooper). And, 2 teams could “shock the region” and win it (Beechwood & Newport). And, 4 teams could make any game interesting and possibly win a game (Conner, Highlands, St. Henry, Lloyd). I don’t see Dixie or even NewCath making it to the region and winning a game. I hope it’s the “top 8”, and that will make it the most interesting. Mayer back for CCH is a new problem for all the teams, except CCH themselves.
-
Simon Kenton
I agree with you. SK could potentially lose to any of these teams. They could also beat any of them. When you have a special player like Niece, and some good side kicks like he has... anything can happen. Can’t put it all on coaching. Kids must execute.
-
Simon Kenton
Is there a “coach in waiting” here? Any big public school would have many, many candidates.