Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ramfan Coach!

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ramfan Coach!

  1. I don't complain about getting beat bad by a good ball club. But things didn't look good from the orange side of the field. What about putting in the big lineman in to run the ball down the RAMS throats. Then gave him another shot at it with the game way out of hand. Coaches and a lot football fans know when this game was over. I don't think our coaching staff was wrong putting in subs as early as they did. I think they know the game. I did see fresh running backs in the last series of downs. They wern't 6'4 and 250+ pounds.:isurrender:
  2. I do understand about the excitement!
  3. Watusi the score doesn't bother me. I've been beaten by 60 points before by a superior team. And it was ok. Because when the game was out of had and we didn't have a chance to win the bench was cleared. But last night. That was different. When the second half started you could tell we just didn't have the strength in our legs to stop a much superior line and very hard nosed running backs. Greenup is good. They will wear you down. And thats how it should be. But to try and bury you and have fun with your team at the expense of the other team wasn't right. When Greenup came out and got the ball on the first series of downs. They drove it down our throats. Thats great. Then it happened again and again. We didn't have a chance to do anything. Our kids had a rough time getting on and off the field they were so tired. Greenup physically put it on us. We have so many that have to go both ways. Everyone on both sides of the field new about five minutes into the second half this game was over. We were tired. Not out of shape. But beaten by a much older, stronger and better team. But they kept Lyle in the game up till about two minutes left in the game so he could break a school rushing record. And before that they were putting in a huge starting tackle/defenseive end to run over our reserves. After he bulled over our defense on two carries for about 60 yards and a td with the game way out of hand. At that point I had a problem. Then they did it again. Giving him another chance with just a few minutes left in the game and up by 30+ points. We didn't score that last td till about :50 left in the game. We had our CLEAN white uniforms on the field. You can tell when the reserves went in. The score was never 39-34. Maybe 39-27 early in the second half. But thats ok. We should have played better and above our abilities. They should know what its like to get beat down. Guess they just wanted to dish a little of it out. But all will be ok. Always next year!
  4. I understand how you feel. Only thing I can say is, better days ahead. I thought Ashland could have beat us a lot worse. I thought they had the reserves in early enough against us. I had know problems with what they did to us. All I can say about going for two is. I don't think they have tried to kick a extra point this year. I questioned it myself. I thought the Tomcats could have beat us by 60 or 70. I do have a problem with how our game turned out last night. But thats another thread. Russell will be back!:popcorn:
  5. Could someone from Greenup Co please explain to me what went on the last quarter so I can feel better about this game. I was setting in the stands and watched the RAM coaching staff put in lots of reserves on defense. And thats when the starters stayed in for GC. And they run over the defense. Next series. Rams reserves on defense. GC leaves in two starting running backs and puts in the biggest and fastest and strongest lineman in the backfield so he could run over these reserves. And he did a good job. Two carries, about 60 yards with a TD. Then with about two minutes to play it happened again. WHY?? The game was already way out of hand. Just let me know what went on. Last week Lawrence Co beat someone by 60 points. But the starters only played 1 1/2 quarters. I know this game didn't get out of hand till the last quarter. But why rub a teams face in it. I don't understand. Is it so players can bust school records. Is it so linemen can score? And then let him try again. Oh by the way. I am glad the reserves got in for GC the last series of downs.
  6. This really wasn't a homecoming game was it? To early in the season. Anyway who in their right mind would schedule Mayfield for a homecoming? Maybe it was your homecoming!
  7. Don't mind losing 60-0 or 60-34. But don't want to really hear about class coming from anyone out of GC. I posted on another thread that I don't like running clocks, teams being told to take a knee on downs, punting on 2nd or third downs. Just put in your 2nd, 3rd and 4th string players when you know the other team doesn't have a chance to win. It shows class. When you leave your starters in for a player to gain over 325 yards to set a new school record. Or take your biggest and strongest lineman and put him in to run over a beaten down opp. to give him some love. Thats class. Then you are up by 30+ with just a few minutes left in the game and you do the same thing. Thats class. I seen the coaching staffs in the endzone talking after shaking hands. Doubt it was friendly. Proud of the RAMS the first half. But we are way to young. And way to young on the line to compete for four quarters against a good senior line like Greenup Co's. I loved it when the GC players come running over to the RAM stands tearing down posters and shaking fist at the fans. Copley was watching. And kind of tried to get them back to where they should have been. Shows the class they have been tought. I never said anything after the Tomcats beat us to death. Why? Because they played everyone when they new the game was out of hand. Ashland could of beaten us by 75 if they wanted. LCA put it on us last year. I never said a word because both these teams showed class. But what goes around comes around. But you can count on this coaching staff to show class. They wont try to put linemen in the backfield and try to run over the opp. ect. ect. This coaching staff always backs off when the game is won. Can't wait till you get to go back to Bell Co. 4A vs 4A.!!
  8. Two teams going in different directions! What is going on in Russell?
  9. Sometimes you need lots of luck to win! Good teams find away to win.
  10. Thats good news.. Don't understand why this game would ever go away. Thanks PF.:banana::dancingpa
  11. I was stationed at Ft Knox for a total of eight years. So I would love to see them win. Just don't think it will happen. Back in the 70's and 80's Ft Knox was somewhat like Ft Campbell is now. Ft Campbell by 30.
  12. Thanks for the info Ram. This could be a special class!
  13. I think I'll stick with what everyone else is going to wear. BLACK:D:lol:
  14. I hear we only had 11 players. Is this true? I know two start varsity and can't play fresh. ball. What about the rest? Oh by the way. Great job RAMS. Looks great for the next few years! Couple ?'s. How did lil big ram play? And what was the bright spots for the team?
  15. Is this why GC is complaining of so many injuries?? Is Oldrambler causing all these?
  16. I hope it's a great game and I'm wrong about this rival game. But I feel Ashlands speed, size and strength up front and the Tomcat QB will be way to much for the devil's to over come. Tomcats by 4td's.
  17. Even with all the injuries to this GC team. GC should still win. The RAMS start two soph. lineman. And two freshman at other positions. I got a feeling you wont have any freshmen starting for GC nomatter how many injuries you have. But we will show up and give it all we got!
  18. IMO, LCA will have the roughest time. But It's impossibe for anyone to know. Unless they travel from one end of the state to the other watching all these teams play. Who knows? So many factors involved. #1 LUCK, #2 HEALTH, #3 TALENT. #4 Types of teams you play against. If you are good at stopping the run vs passing. You hope you play those type teams all the way through the playoffs. If you have all those and are in the top 7 or 8. You have about a 30% chance of winning it all.
  19. ONE TEAM, ONE FAMILY, ONE GOAL GO RAMS :lol:
  20. Beechwood gets back on the winning side of things!
  21. West in a lopsided shootout!! 28+
  22. This will be a mercy game! 50+ And that will be with everybody playing early.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.