Everything posted by The Golfer
-
Mad. Southern Interviews
I hope Coach Scenters gets the job. He is the one I am pulling for and he has earned a Head Coaching Job in Madison County.
-
Tom Larkey to Harlan?
They just average your five highest years and use that multiplier formula. If you teach about 32 years or around that by a year or so then you will actually be working for for no money. They also average your coaching styping in with your retirement so it is very easy to make that money. If you retire from being a Fayette County head coach and you hit 32 years or so then 50,000 would be a major pay cut. Larkey has been making WAY MORE than 50,000 since he has retired at Rockcastle counting his retirement and his 100 day substitute teacher contract. Good thing about the Public School Education is the ability to double dip when you "retire" and Larkey has been doing that and will continue doing that but will make even more now.
-
Tom Larkey to Harlan?
Larkey is a retired teacher he may make 50,000 if not more from that alone. I think I heard he will be hired as a Classified employee so he can keep his retirement and draw money from Harlan County as well. He may make around 6 figures when you add his retirement and his coaching duties at Harlan is what I have heard.
-
NKY's 6A
How does Boone County and Ryle stack up this season? For the last couple of years they have been the top of the NKY 4A/6A district does that look the same this year or will another team come up this season?
-
Harmon to Tates Creek
Dunbar shut them out in the playoffs, they shut them out in JV, returns more starters, and Lafayatte lost Bunch, Gifford, and now their head coach. On paper Dunbar has a clear edge for this season.
-
Harmon to Tates Creek
What do you mean by "most collaboration"?
-
Harmon to Tates Creek
On paper for next year with Dunbar's returning class and knocking Lafayette out of the playoffs I would think they should at least have an edge over Lafayette in the preseason. Not saying anything about the other Lexington Schools just Lafayette and Dunbar.
-
New Tates Creek Coach???????
Thats the principals call for Lafayette not the entire county. Dunbar was offered as well but it didn't work out due to scheduling reasons. I know what Dunbar is wanting with Lexington Catholic they are wanting a home and home with them and not just go over to Lexington Catholic for a bowl game where they get the entire gate and the gate for this game would be HUGE. There was an email sent out to the football coaches "FROM THE BOARD" a couple of years ago saying "football coaches are now aloud to schedule anyone that they want and the board has no control over it." Now Lafayette's principal does not run the entire football programs for all of the schools in Lexington so maybe Lafayette is on a boycott.
-
New Tates Creek Coach???????
Yes and when seeding came into play and the public schools had to play Lexington Catholic in basketball the boycott was only restricted for football and became irrelevant so an email was sent out saying the public football teams can schedule Lexington Catholic. I assure you Letton and other Lexington Public Coaches have talked about playing one another but nothing has worked out yet. Dunbar has played Lexington Catholic in JV the last two seasons and the Freshman team played LCA this season. If there was a boycott this could not happen. Its not a "Varsity" Boycott.
-
Question about "playing up"
Maybe Lexington Catholic could be talked into doing it :eek:
-
New Tates Creek Coach???????
Who in the world told you this??? I work at Dunbar and the only email I remember Hensley getting is an email a couple of years ago saying the Boycott was over and Lexington Schools can schedule Lexington Catholic. Dunbar has played Lexington Catholic in JV the last two seasons.
-
Strongest returning players for 2008
Well that proves Trinity has talent, the secret is out :lol:
-
Jefferson County districts to be placed on one side of 6A playoff bracket?
You would have to do it for all classes and that could cause some major travel problems. You may have a team say Lone Oak going to Bell County in the 3rd round if it was a 1 vs 8 which would cause some major problems.
-
Jefferson County districts to be placed on one side of 6A playoff bracket?
I know the coaches were pushing for the Playoff format to go back to playing opposite districts in the first round at their meeting the other day ago. I heard it was suppose to go in affect this year but I'm not positive.
-
Jefferson County districts to be placed on one side of 6A playoff bracket?
I think next year Trinity and St. X are on the same side and would meet in the final four if I'm not mistaken. I think Male is on the opposite side though and would meet a Lexington or Northern Kentucky winner in the final four.
-
Trinity 34 St. Xavier 28 (OT)
I don't know about that. Trinity is on a run right now and they are a lot better than most of the teams in the state and a little bit better than St. X.
-
The Negative Impact of the 6 Class System
Did anyone play up into 6A? Everybody I have seen was 4A from last season and I assume was 6A number of students.
-
The Negative Impact of the 6 Class System
Some of these posts blow my mind. 6 classes was invented to help the small 4A schools who did not want to be in a class with Trinity and St. X anymore. It was to stop the split from happening. All of this KHSAA trying to improve the game is the biggest load of garbage I have heard in a while. It was a coaches idea not a KHSAA and the coaches who wanted 6 classes are not the ones in 6A now.
-
Who benefitted most under the six-class system?
Six classes never had anything to do with helping the kids. It had to do with small 4A schools in the same class with Trinity and St. X and they wanted to be in a different class so they divided into smaller classes. So instead of a Public Private Split, they go with 6 classes and fewer teams have to deal with Trinity and St. X then before. It was decently popular in the other classes because it made it easier to win.
-
Hypothetical Question-Who wins all of Lexington or X and T combined
He's coaching the fake Louisville team not the fake Lexington team
-
Hypothetical Question-Who wins all of Lexington or X and T combined
I think 5 would be better because when you are counting 10 years ago Lexington Public Schools were beating Trinity and getting to the finals. I personally don't know the count.
-
Hypothetical Question-Who wins all of Lexington or X and T combined
Beatty does a great job, why do you say that?
-
Hypothetical Question-Who wins all of Lexington or X and T combined
Centre Rocks didn't show anything on D1 talent this year. He put Dunbar halftime score up but Dunbar is mostly Juniors and has a great chance of being the best team in Lexington next year. Lafayette should not have any D1 players. Gifford and Bunch are good players but not D1 in my opinion. I'm not saying they can't play College football but not like EKU or UK. Henry Clay has Boyd and Gay but I'm not sure what Gay is doing for College. Then Station and Tates Creek are the two worst teams in Lexington this year. Station I know has two D1's this year going to Minnesota so an argument that Bryan Station could do better is understandable one and many say that in Lexington.
-
Hypothetical Question-Who wins all of Lexington or X and T combined
You stole that off of me or at least part of it
-
Hypothetical Question-Who wins all of Lexington or X and T combined
Are we comparing this year or all ten years? If we go back to 98 and 99 Lexington Schools were competing with Trinity and St.X. But for this year I would say the Trinity and St. X would be the Lexington Schools pretty easily. I think Trinity right now is as good as they have ever been in school history. In Lexington there is some talent and take Henry Clay for example. They may be next to say Highlands the best public school in the state of Kentucky and are not even close to Trinity. Take this year for example, other then Henry Clay is there any D1 players who are seniors in Lexington at the public schools? I know Station had a couple. Lafayette has some good players but not D1. Dunbar does not have any D1 that I am aware of who are seniors, Tates Creek has Ty Sparks and I'm not sure where he is going. Maybe in Lexington this year you may have 6 or 7 total D1 scholarships. Two for Bryan Station, Boyd at Henry Clay and I will give you Gay at Henry Clay, Lexington Catholic has a 2 or 3.