Everything posted by C6H0-83
-
Is Dave Wirth in trouble at CovCath?
Any Cov Cath fan or parent that knows Wirth should not even begin to think he is in trouble. While the results on the field are not what any fan wants, I believe there should be much more to how any High School coach is judged than just his W-L record. Look at the number of 'Thats my Boy' finalists Dave Wirth has had, not just at Cov Cath but also his previous stops. That says alot about who he is. Football adjustments will be made and stuff on the field will work itself out.
-
Covington Catholic at Highlands Updates
No such thing as uncatchable ball in High School
-
Covington Catholic at Highlands Updates
How do you not make a call on that play?
- Should the Covington Catholic - Boone County game be moved to 10am Saturday?
-
Highlands Lex Cath Referees
I was at the game as a impartial HS football fan. While I did leave with about 8 minutes to go in the game, i did not see the horrible calls everyone is talking about, or what may have happened the last few minutes of the game. There was some confusion on a few calls where the ref crew did seem to not be on the same page, which if this is the first time they worked together is understandable. I did not disagree with probably 90% of the calls they made (holding, late hit out of bounds, etc) but I am sure they missed calls as well, but none that IMO were so obvious they were no brainers. I did notice Highlands being flagged more than LC, but again the calls they made were not bad calls. Could it be that the Highlands faithful are not used to being called for more penalties than their opponent hence the refs were the worst in the history of the game? Regarding the Lex Cath Coach coming on the field, he did come out probably 10 yards or so on the field, but without knowing what was said this could easily have been a sideline infraction/warning (which it was) or Personal Foul. IMO the refs were no better/no worse than most HS refs. I hate to see the good effort and game plan by Highlands be somewhat diminished by the complaining about the refs by mostly the winning team.
-
Highlands 61 Lexington Catholic 28
How do you mean? I left with about 8 min left but thought the refs did a pretty good job. There was a little confusion on a call or two, but for the most part I saw the penalties they called before I saw the flags come out.
-
Covington Catholic 45 Johnson Central 15
Good win. Makes the ride home alot easier.
-
Covington Catholic 67 Rowan County 3
By different strokes I am assuming you mean it is OK for HHS to do this year after year, but if another team happens to do it (with mostly backups) it is not OK?
-
Congrats to new Dixie Coach Dave Brossart
My point was that we learn from our previous situations, good and bad and I feel confident Coach Brossart will have more success at Dixie as a result.
-
Congrats to new Dixie Coach Dave Brossart
This is an OK hire for Dixie and a much better situation for Coach Brossart than he had at Cov Cath. Quite frankly, he was in over his head at Cov Cath and the jump from Finneytown to Cov Cath was much like Faust's jump years ago from Moeller to Notre Dame. That didn't work out too well either. While he had the skills to be somewhat successful at Finneytown, you can't use the same formula at other schools. You need to be able to adjust to the type of kid and talent you have. Even long tenured coaches still make adjustments from year to year based on what they have, and this is after years of having players come up through your system. Brossart was unable or unwilling to see the adjustments in personnel and/or systems that needed to be made. He stuck with kids at positions they should not have been playing, and was reluctant to give younger kids the opportunity to make a contribution. I am thinking he has learned from that and will make the needed adjustments this time around. Also, outside of the X/O side of things there is alot more fan involvement in successful programs and he was not real good at handling this. Instead of managing the positive and discounting the negative, he basically tried to shut it all down. Again I would think this is another area he has improved in as to be successful at Dixie he will need to get all the right kids out, and increase the fan/community involvement in the program. I for one am wishing him success in his new role.
-
Highlands/Lexington Catholic Updates
6:30
-
Highlands/Lexington Catholic Updates
Why so many personal fouls tonight against Highlands?
-
Covington Catholic at Highlands Updates
6-0 Birds. XP blocked
-
Covington Catholic at Highlands Updates
0-0 end of 1st. Highlands knocking on the door at the 3
-
Covington Catholic at Highlands Updates
Highlands punts on first 2 possessions, Cov Cath punts on 1st possession
-
Beechwood 62 Dixie Heights 27
How could he have played for a better team in N Ky if he lives in the Dixie District? Within the KHSAA rules I guess he could have gone to SK or Scott with their open enrollment.
-
Highlands 68 Harrison County 0
I would think it is time to seriously beef up the non-district schedule. I know everyone says nobody wants to play HHS, but with some travel Trinity was able to schedule a killer schedule for their first 5 games. I am guessing Trinity, Lou St X, and all the GCL schools in Cinti would be more than happy to play Highlands everyyear.
-
Covington Catholic 40 Beechwood 28
I don't think stating fatigue in the CCH/Beechwood game is taking an easy out, IMO it just is the way it is. I don't think there is any doubt that the top 11 players at Beechwood are on the same level as the top 11 at CCH and probably Highlands. The deciding factor is how many of those 11 are not coming off the field? Even for a 16-17 year old stud, not getting to take a break when the guy across from you gets a breather now and then takes it toll towards the end of the game. You get just a step slower or the legs don't drive like they did early in the game. It is not a knock on Beechwood, but I think just stating the difference between 1 or 2A teams and good 4-5-6A teams. The reverse of this is why Beechwood is able to beat some bigger schools, their 11 best are much better than the other teams 11 best.
-
Class 4A Rankings 9-21
- Highlands 42 Covington Catholic 37
Well said.- Highlands at Covington Catholic Updates
Boyle, Lex Cath et al probably don't agree-but I think you are seeing the 4A State Championship game today.- Highlands at Covington Catholic Updates
Clock stops on 1st down and Wirth called timeout. Timekeeper should have automatically stopped clock on first down.- Highlands at Covington Catholic Updates
Yes-Cov Cath gets ball to start 2nd half- LaSalle (OH) 41 Covington Catholic 10 (Called at halftime due to heat index)
Without the mistakes by CCH that led to 21-28 fairly easy points, this CCH team is able to play with LaSalle. They showed spurts of being able to run move the ball consistently against them, but would then shoot themselves in the foot. I think on D too many of the youngsters thought due to the size of LaSalle they had to come with the big hit everytime, and didn't wrap the ball carrier. This resulted in several hits at or just past he line of scrimmage, D player bouncing off and LaSalle ends up with 10-15 yd gain. The reality of it is LaSalle was a little bigger, much faster at all positions and used to playing very tough teams week in and week out. This still doesn't mean CCH won't do very well with their Ky schedule.- LaSalle (OH) 41 Covington Catholic 10 (Called at halftime due to heat index)
Does anyone know how this will go in the books for both teams? Is it considered a complete game, as not being played, etc? Probably more important for LaSalle due to the Harbin Rating System. - Highlands 42 Covington Catholic 37