Everything posted by OhYeaYouThink
-
Predictions for 2009 State Tourney
I hope they are go undefeated, esp in the 9th, but I don't think they will either. That being said, I think they are the clear favorite and will take it all in the end. And I agree with Blue magic. Beechwood isn't going to surprise many I don't think. Average/good year, but not a great one.
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
I know Pittman is physical down low, never said he wasn't. I just think he uses his talking too much and could afford to use a bit more of his body. And I agree Wellbrock and Thelen play too timid and soft but hopefully they realize there isnt a need to do that this game and go at him. I think Wellbrock def. can. He plays with some heat on the defensive end sometimes. Thelen, I don't think is quick enough OR physical enough so I don't know if we will see him on Pittman.
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
lol seriously, how is that irrelevant? I think it's a pretty good question. My grandma is handicapped and I'd like to know how she is going to get in there as well.
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
I think if Pittman goes outside then Isler will play off him and keep closer to the paint. As far as I know anytime the guy he is guarding goes out, Isler is told to stay in always to guard the paint. Pittman will either have a night where he hits the threes and if that is the case he'll get in his face, or he'll have a night where he doesn't and then it won't matter. All of the CovCath players are going to have to help each other...
-
Highlands vs. Beechwood (1/16)
I think Highlands will take this pretty easy. Beechwood is good, but not anything too great. They beat CovCath by 5. Highlands has beaten them by 15+ twice now. Highlands by 10+. I also don't think Highlands is the clear cut #2. I don't think there IS a clear cut number 2. There is only a VERY CLEAR cut number 1.
-
NKY Top 10
Doubtful.
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
I agree with you. Holmes does not have a true big man, but they have Pittman who can play as one from time to time. I don't think we'll see a lot of him in the paint Wednesday because I have seen him get flustered with people bodying him up and I think all three of our bigs will do so, therefore he'll make his way outside.
-
9th Region D1 POY
Pittman, hands down. Riley is close. It's down to those two. I don't know how Kowolenek would be in the conversation. Good ball player, but not the same as Pittman.
-
Highlands 51 Boone County 37
Nice win for Highlands. Everything aside from Holmes is so unpredictable. I have watched Highlands a couple of times and have thought they were not too impressive. But they stopped a good Boone team so that says something.
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
Agree.
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
I don't think anyone thinks Isler is superior to Pittman in basketball lol. I think he has the ability to get into Pittman's head, because he doesn't react to the mouth like some players do vs Pittman. [Pittman talks in your ear the whole game]. If Pittman is playing on the wing, then I would venture to say that Isler won't be the one guarding him anyways. Isler typically stays in the paint to guard the interior.
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
Ew so the districts ARE at Holy Cross? They should seriously consider moving it. I know they won't, but still. That is ridiculous. No one will get in lol.
-
Prayers Needed for Mayfield Football Players
Omg, this makes me cry. So tragic. Still praying for the other two and the boy in the hospital and may Trevor Williams rest in peace.
-
Predictions for 2009 State Tourney
Honestly, and this is NO disrespect to Connor. I like him as a ball player. He is a good high school pitcher, but I don't see it happening on the next level for pitching. From multiple scouts, Smith and Isler are at the top. I honestly don't know who is below that, because that is all that was said and discussed. I think Nutini is a solid pitcher at this level as well, obviously his strength is the outfield, but he is def. a solid pitcher for CovCath. Isler is a hard thrower, but he has very little "stuff" to go with it for the past 2 years because of his injury/arm surgery. In the off season he has been working on that I hear. I like Smith's frame, he has the potential to grow with it, because he is tall and lanky, could put muscle on.
-
Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50
Who is Smith? OH the big guy AJ smith. I never said he was bad lol. I just said he wouldnt be that big of a factor..and he wasn't. He played fine lol.
-
Dave Brossart is out as the head football coach of Covington Catholic...
So true.
-
Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50
Thanks, works for me.
-
Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50
Generalities are all there is. I don't know who is going to step up. I just know someone needs to.
-
Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50
According to you and some others, our only scoring option is Maile. I'm not saying we wait on them to develop, I'm saying they NEED to.
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
Yup and yes Hulk, I agree. I'm sure my father will have us there for the freshman game,
-
Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50
Again, we NEED Maile to score his 20 points a game. We need someone else to get the opportunity to score that much as well. It's not all mailes fault. He needs his teammates to take better shots, MAKE shots, etc. But he needs to learn when to give them the opportunity to do so instead of forcing things. But again, if he is the only chance, let the other four sit.
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
My dad and I were talking about this. If Holmes is just WAY TOO FAST for them, zone might not be a bad try, but I think it would just open up the inside which would then open up the outside..lol.
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
Yeah, I'm going to agree.
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
Pretty much. I mean since the liklihood is that Holmes will get up by a lot, you might see a good bit of him.
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
He comes in for a three when need be [typically when we go to panic and need a bunch of threes cause we are down by like 10].