Everything posted by OhYeaYouThink
-
Highlands vs. Johnson Central predictions
No? But I don't see the problem with Highlands [5A] playing a St. X or Trinity [6A] in the regular season.
-
Highlands vs. Johnson Central predictions
I saw St. X play, and I don't know that Highlands would have for sure beat them, but it would have been a competitive close game and it is VERY possible they would have come out on top. And I believe St. X beat Trinity this year handily didn't they [sorry if I'm wrong], but that would make me think that Trinity vs Highlands would have been close too. It's really too bad they all don't play each other so one school can say who the best team in KY really is.
-
Highlands vs. Johnson Central predictions
I wouldn't call their QB slow, but he is able to make mistakes if you get at him. [This is true of any QB though]. Having seen both teams play, Highlands has more than enough talent to beat JC, so I'd be careful what you say.
-
Covington Catholic coaching situation
lol people at the beginning of the season were NEVER saying Brossart was taking the program in the right direction. If you talked to anyone affiliated with the program [parents, players, ex players..] you'd know they felt ANYTHING but that it was moving the right way. Yes, I don't think they are as talented as they have been in past years, but that happens with every school; unfortunately the things that have happened OFF the field with the boys and brossart is the issue.
-
Covington Catholic coaching situation
Exactly.
-
Covington Catholic coaching situation
He isn't MY coach . But I can assure you that no one was on a witchhunt for him. He did things that MADE people work against him. They are things that really aren't worth getting into because they are done and over with. Mainly because many of the parents and KIDS unhappy with Brossart and hoping for him to be gone are seniors and will not even have stake in next years team. They just know it would be a travesty to continue to let this man coach this team; and he HAS done things to earn his way out of the door. I think everyone knew they would have a rough season, so it came as no surprise. Brossart's mind games, antics, and attitude are what everyone has a problem with.
-
Covington Catholic coaching situation
Rodenburg left because he wanted to get his foot in the door in an Ohio school. That was his pathway to Moeller. And it worked. He actually liked, and was close to MANY of the players who have played the past two years on varsity. He made no secret of the path he was on, and after the state championship that was the best time for him to move on to bigger and his opinion better things. It had nothing to do with the talent level.
-
Covington Catholic coaching situation
I'd agree. There is no way I'd put Rodenburg ahead of Coach Ray with only two years at CCH.
-
Covington Catholic coaching situation
Interesting. The parents of VARSITY kids put a totally different opinion out there. But I will just PM you. No need to go back and forth in here. I would be willing to be your son is a JV player however.
-
Covington Catholic coaching situation
I'm a bit confused. Do you think all the noise about Brossart is unwarranted and that people were on a mission to get him fired?
-
Highlands vs. Johnson Central predictions
You're kidding around or....???:confused:
-
Covington Catholic coaching situation
You thought he was better than Ray? I think Rodenburg was a great coach and he had the respect of the boys which is important. He made no secret of what his plans were and I admire him for that, because it isn't easy esp. with a school like CCH to make that openly known. I do think it was a mistake to hire someone who was going to jump ship so soon. Look what we ended up with!
-
Boone Co vs Simon Kenton Predictions
I'd like Simon Kenton to pull this one out, but I have a feeling Boone will.
-
Simon Kenton 46 Conner 41
I'm more than positive I can get the boyfriend to take me to see this kid play. Unfortunately I work til 8:00 this Friday or I would DEF. want to be at the game.
-
Simon Kenton 46 Conner 41
It sounds like I really need to get out and see Miles Simpson.
-
Covington Catholic coaching situation
:laugh: Well, in the end Rodenburg ended up right where he wanted, so good for him...he did something right! We took a step down in coaches IMO.
-
Highlands vs. Johnson Central predictions
I'm wondering the same thing..any takers? Having seen both JC and Highlands play, I didn't see any question of who the all around better team was.
-
Make Your Own 9th Region dream team
I see him as a better fit for a d2 or d3 school, yes. We agree.
-
Covington Catholic coaching situation
I'm quite surprised Brossart got the job in the first place. He would not be my pick for a coach. He played entirely too many mind games with the boys in the past 2 years. He made enemies with the wrong people. He has no idea how to coach a school like CCH, and I think it has hurt the program immensely and it will only hurt them worse to keep him there. Kids that would have gone to CCH now look elsewhere.
-
Highlands vs. Johnson Central predictions
They won't this time.
-
For those interested in the Cincy Elder game
Agreed, I'd like to see Elder do well!
-
For those interested in the Cincy Elder game
Wow, who is the favorite going in do you know?
-
Covington Catholic coaching situation
Indeed. I am very happy for Coach R. I had a family member who played under him and he thought the world of him as a coach and as a person.
-
Make Your Own 9th Region dream team
Yes Division 3. And I'm not sure if Nute is getting D1 looks, but I'd see him as a good fit for a small D1 or a bigger d2.
-
Make Your Own 9th Region dream team
I'd have to agree there. Although I think some schools are holding out to see what the likes of Isler, and Nutini and Darner do this season. If Isler hits the upper 80's and hits 90 [like it is projected he will], I think a lot more doors open and they want to see that. Nutini will get picked up by a good school and so will Darner. But I too found it weird that AJ Smith got signed and I had hardly even heard of him.