Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FTBIGBIRD2

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FTBIGBIRD2

  1. That's a thought. What's the word on Thomas More or any of the other local programs? Maybe he is going to UC to be an assistant. Who knows, good luck Kevin.
  2. How does JC's size/speed compare to other teams in the state? Are they the size and speed of a Bryan Station, or are they similar to Cov Cath. Honestly, if Cov Cath catches some breaks, they could make this one interesting.
  3. I agree. Also, we played Ashland in 1992 and won on the way to a state title. I can't even remember what number that one was. I think it was 13 or 14. If anyone on here thinks that the kids put any credence into this information before stepping onto the field you are crazy! Ashland, Good luck but as the week goes on, I feel more and more sorry for you that Highlands must redeem themselves and you will have to be the victim.:flame:
  4. I have known him since I was a little kid. He went to school with my siblings and is a class-act. I am not sure what's going on over there or why he'd want to abruptly leave a program that he has spent 16 years building, unless there was somewhere that had some money waiting for him. Sorry folks but after 20+ years of coaching and being an assistant, it Does become about the money. I wouldn't be surprised to see Scott HS offer him a package that he couldn't refuse. Just a hunch, but I am guessing it will be a NKY school and we may all be shocked by it, like Bishop Brossart or something.
  5. In order to win, they'll have to play Better than the champions. Let's hope that long bus ride takes a little out of them. I can't go for another nail-biter like last week.
  6. Agreed. Don't tell anyone that I agreed with a Cov Cath fan okay? It can be our little secret. I completely agree that Cov Cath just overscheduled this year and does have a good team but have some young guys that they've asked to grow up pretty quick. I think they have gained some momentum toward the end of the year. I see Cov Cath giving them a great game and JC holding the lead until the 4th quarter when Cov Cath will pull a miracle play, recover a fumble, intercept a pass, or something like they always seem to do. If there's one thing that you can count on with Cov Cath, you can throw the regular season record out the window.
  7. I would have originally picked SK all the way, but Conner's been playing good football as of late and I honestly can't pick anyone.
  8. Funny, I am impressed that there has already been 3 pages on this thread and it's Monday. I am also impressed by the number of Non-Ashland supporters of the Tomcats. It's nice to have some people on here in support for the other team. One item about last week that I am sure won't happen this week was the poor turnout by fans for BS and for HHS. I was embarassed for our fanbase that we could not fill up the stands for a playoff game for one of the biggest teams I have ever seen. BS was awesome but their fans didn't travel well. I know the band was gone and that's a big void in the stands to fill, but the student section wasn't even full. I am not making any bold predictions only that I hope we win and the funny business that went on prior to the game last week doesn't happen this week. That was poor sportsmanship. I also wish the best of luck to Ashland but unfortunately someone is going to have to feel the wrath of redemption. I think HHS will come out more focused this week and I am certain that they have practiced taking better care of the football after losing 2 of the 5 fumbles on Friday. Not sure of what the score will be. Let's just say it'll be: HHS: more ASH: less That's as bold as I can be right now.
  9. I was just telling my wife the same thing BF!
  10. I was the one screaming choice words that echoed off the wall behind you nicely may I add. I was simply just trying to explain to the ref that he needs to call that. When the offensive play is not eve going for the ball, shoves the defender with both hands and the defenders back arches from the blow, that's pass interference!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
  11. No lopsidedness at David Cecil Memorial Stadium tonight. Highlands had the scare of their lives almost failing to win in the first round and slipping away with a 28-22 win scoring the go-ahead with 19 seconds left. I'd say that was a good matchup.
  12. BS exposed many of Highlands' weaknesses tonight. I know that they won't come out that flat next week because they'll be staying home for the rest of the season if they do. This uppercut under the chin is what we needed. I did say in the prediction thread that I hoped to see a close game, me and my Big mouth! I'll never say that again. I promise. I agree with a previous post that these refs were absolutely terrible. They missed so many holds and a critical offensive pass interference call that should have went against BS but instead it resulted in a score and the lead for them. I am okay with losing to a team straight up, but when the refs start deciding the tempo and mood of the game, the game becomes unpure. Tonight I feel like that happened. Let them play! Let them play! Let them Play!
  13. Don't pick on him. That guy has been up there for like a hundred years. He does the best he can. He is a nice man.
  14. There weren't a ton of break-away plays for HHS that stand out to me except for the interception for Dempsey which was awesome. Wish Crawford got more reps. Connor looked good and was solid, but still has some way to go. He does still have the moves but didn't show the speed he did before. Hopefully he'll shake the dust off and get better each week. Rosenhagen played a fantastic game! Collinsworth, as usual a solid game. Aside from the winning pass, he caught one and took a shot in the back that could have tipped a 1200 pound cow. It turned his body into a C shape the wrong way, but he held on. Birds had way too many mental mistakes tonight. I hope that was all and they got them all out of their systems. Fumbles, temper-fueled penalties, and defense getting sucked in for the run only to be outran around the corners by BS's superior speed. They had a kid on there that was almost as fast as the kid from Colerain. I am not joking, my chest was burning at the end of the game and Mr. Jameson is now helping to soothe me. Everyone in the stands was freaking out. I thought for sure that pass would be picked off but there was no one there and Collinsworth hauled it in and tip-toed inside the pile-on on his way out of bounds.
  15. They sell beer at the Frankfort games? Wow, in our state capital! I completely agree that Dayton has a shot at this game. All you fans from down south who made your digs against NKY football, all I have to say is, who is going to state every year? I don't know the stats but pretty much since I can remember, there has been a NKY team in the state finals in atleast one of the divisions. Is Dayton better because they are from NKY? Absolutely. They also have a head coach who played for the most Legendary Program:thumb: in the state that is about to wrap up number 18 in about 5 weeks. So, the fact that Dayton plays up here and goes up against some tough non-district opponents, their record may not necessarily speak the entire truth about their abilities. As Lee Corso would say to the FHS fans, "Not so fast my friends!"
  16. Who is Christian County? I have never even heard of that school. Where are they located, what class did they used to be in the old system? What's their record?
  17. I read that article in the Herald Leader and the comments made by some of the people under the article are pretty interesting. To sum it up: "Highlands will feel the rath of a real team tonight because Bryan Station is better than the pushovers that Highlands usually plays. I think that all the teams that Highlands schedules are tough opponents, except a few of the district ones but those are required. We can't help that the state gave us those teams to play in the first round each year. I hope our boys can produce to quiet some of these critics. I know we're all worried about our guys losing focus and getting a big head. They haven't yet and now are in an elimination situation and know they must win each and every game in order to get the coveted number 18. I honestly would be fine in seeing a game closer than a 40 point lead tonight, atleast for the first quarter, but then I am fine with the win. I don't like those close ones, makes my stomach do hula-hoops around my behind. Not good!
  18. T1. St.X T1. HHS 3. Trinity 4. Manual 5. Central 6. Boyle Co. 7. Bell Co. 8. Belfry 9. Ownesboro 10. LexCath Don't you just wish that HHS and St X could play this year? Man that would be a fun game to go to.
  19. I love the idea of the chance for an upset. I think that if a sub 500 team can come into playoffs and run the table, then let em have it. I just think that some of the teams only posting 1 or 2 victories don't belong in there but because of districts being so small in some areas, they automatically make it. I am not a fan of that.
  20. Cov Cath will win this one at home, but not sure what next week holds for them if they have to make a road trip.
  21. I think that is low class to not even come out on the field in uniform for the second half of the game. I know another coach that made that mistake and will never do it again. I understand pulling the starters, maybe even taking off helmets and shoulder pads, but not dressing at all in the second half is a metaphoric slap in the face to the opposing team. Great job Bell for achieving such a great honor. I would like to see Bell come up to 5A to renew that strong relationship that my beloved Bluebirds have with them. I would love for the Birds to get to play them again.
  22. Agreed. I wish someone would just get on here and tell us some facts instead of all these nervous and consciencious predictions. I haven't heard a peep from any BS fans. Are there any? Or do they have a following similar to Louisville Central?
  23. I am not sure how to interpret that. Was the kicker actually a girl or was it just a person with a long pony tail hanging out of their helmet that may just have certain mannerisms? I know that Conner HS had a few girls on there team in the past few years or so. Is this girl as good of a kicker as Kathy Ireland was on the movie Necessary Roughness? My curiosity is sparked for sure, please tell more.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.