Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indian Hill's Siple stepping down

Featured Replies

Indian Hill football coach Kevin Siple, one of the area's best, is stepping down.

 

"I have spent 16 great years at Indian Hill, and I just feel like it's time for a change," Siple said.

 

Siple had a 116-57 record and made Indian Hill into a consistent Ohio playoff contender. The Braves have dominated the Cincinnati Hills League in recent years, with 33 consecutive league wins dating back to 2004.

 

Indian Hill made eight playoff appearances under Siple, including Division III playoff berths each year from 2004-07. This year's team went 8-2 but did not reach postseason.

 

Siple, 47, said he does not have any plans in terms of taking any other specific jobs.

 

"I do want to continue coaching," he said. "I just feel like it would be good for both Indian Hill and me to make a change. Many times when a coach resigns, it's under negative terms. I feel so fortunate to be leaving when the program is at a high point."

 

Siple, a graduate of Highlands (Ky.) and Georgetown College, began coaching in 1984 as an assistant at Highlands. He was defensive coordinator at Campbell County from 1985-89 and an assistant at Beechwood from 1990-92 before taking over at Indian Hill in 1993.

 

Indian Hill athletic director Jill Bruder said she is still trying to absorb news of Siple's departure.

 

"Coach Siple has brought so much pride to this community and this program," Bruder said. "I'm having a hard time thinking about it without him."

 

Bruder said the school will soon begin its process of searching for a new coach.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if his interest in returning to coaching will bring him to Kentucky? He's already proven that he can build a winning program out of very little, and I can think of a few schools in the area that could use a guy like him to get on track.

Whatever the case, I wish him nothing but the best. He's a good guy.

  • Author
I wonder if his interest in returning to coaching will bring him to Kentucky? He's already proven that he can build a winning program out of very little, and I can think of a few schools in the area that could use a guy like him to get on track.

Whatever the case, I wish him nothing but the best. He's a good guy.

 

Fish I agree with you he is a great guy. He left at the during the summer of my junior year at Beechwood to take the job at Indian Hill. I think he will end up coaching down here somewhere. You never know he might end up at Highlands or Beechwood as an assistant. I wish him the best as well he is a class act.

Hey, welcome back JB! :thumb:

 

Kevin is a great guy. I've had the pleasure of knowing him since our high school days. I hope he does come back to NKY; he would be an asset to any school's football program.

Someone tell him to apply for the Greenup County job please.

Hey, welcome back JB! :thumb:

 

Kevin is a great guy. I've had the pleasure of knowing him since our high school days. I hope he does come back to NKY; he would be an asset to any school's football program.

 

True, but if CovCath fires Brossart and Siple takes that job he officially becomes Enemy No. 1! :D

Someone tell him to apply for the Greenup County job please.

 

I agree we could really use a guy like him on our side of the Gridiron.

Could he have left because a certain nky job will likely be open after this Friday or next??? :sssh:

 

(I think everyone knows who and what I'm talking about.)

Could he have left because a certain nky job will likely be open after this Friday or next??? :sssh:

 

(I think everyone knows who and what I'm talking about.)

 

Pretty hefty pay cut...

Pretty hefty pay cut...

 

Not always about money...:D

Pretty hefty pay cut...

 

Not always about money...:D

 

Bingo.

Wanna bet?

 

So you don't think he would want a chance to coach in NKY at a program where he'd get to battle against good ole' Dale every year? ;)

So you don't think he would want a chance to coach in NKY at a program where he's get to battle against good ole' Dale every year? ;)

 

Has he been in long enough to retire? That's the only way, IMO.

 

Still don't think so...

I would be shocked if he went to Cov. Cath.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.