44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Dayton
    • Frankfort

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very interested in seeing Dayton's style of play. I hope The Panther's can pull off the 1st round victory.

Comparing schedules of each team, it looks as if Dayton plays higher class teams, as Holmes, Scott being 5A and Newport, Lloyd Memorial being 2A schools. Frankfort beat Danville which is a 2A school, but let them come back with a 21-0 lead, Frankfort's defense looks a little pale, but the offense always seems to be able to rack up points. I beleive coming into this game Frankfort should be 10-0, but we won't get into that loss :creepy:.

Key thoughts: Frankfort needs to not look ahead, focus on Dayton this week, get the Bellevue's and Beechwood's out of your head, on Friday Night at 7:30 it is Dayton.

Good luck to both teams, Frankfort lets come out strong to open up the 2008 playoffs. If The Panthers can maintain a running game along with a successfull passing strategy and the defense step up a whole lot more, we could bring home a state championship ring, could.

Good Luck! Great job on the coaching along with play calling; Panthers, much improved.:thumb: I would kill to be on the coaching staff over there ;), keep up the good work. Also Frankfort players great job on the season, well improved on the season, for everyone who doubted you all, congratulations keep the fight up. :fight:.

Prediction:

Frankfort High: 48

Dayton: 13

I have not seen Frankfort play this season but if Dayton comes out to play like they did this past friday night this could be a very interesting game. If Frankforts defense is looking pale, then I think this could be a close one! If Dayton can get there running game going early and Sherlock has time to look around the field Dayton wins this one! Good luck to both teams.

Dayton 34

Frankfort 28

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I have had the pleasure of watching Frankfort play a few times this year and I will tell you that #9 Quan(sp?) Weaver is a great RB, he is build solid and runs hard. However, I just do not think that Frankfort will be able to handle the smash mouth type of football that Nky schools are known for, especially the 1A schools. With that being said, Dayton's defense has played tough most of the season, so I will give them a slight advantage in a very close game.

Dayton 27

Frankfort 24

I am sure the Bellevue boys will be rooting for Dayton to win this one and save them a long bus trip for the 2nd round!

Has Dayton seen anything like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMjHOVmd37Y

Dayton has not seen the kind of speed Frankfort has this year. Dayton chances lies with their linebacker ( Richardson ). He's big, strong, surprisingly fast and plays smash mouth football. If he is on Quan hasn't been hit like this kid will hit him. Dayton must keep contain and make Quan go through Richardson. Dayton offense must run it right at Frankfort. Frankfort is much to fast for Dayton to get outside. Sherlock is Dayton best offensive threat but he's not a run you over type of a runner. Although he runs very hard his forte is his allusiveness. Frankfort's kicker/punter is very impressive which will limit Dayton's strong return teams. That being said my prediction is:

Best offense - Frankfort

Best defense - Dayton

Special teams - Frankfort

Frankfort 28

Dayton 7

Okay here goes nothing…

Because I have not seen Frankfort play, my prediction will probably be about as accurate as Frankfort fans that have not seen Dayton play. But from what I have gathered they have a solid running game with the good back they have. I haven’t heard much about their line so it is hard for me to comment on that. With that said, I would dare to say that Sherlock is a better QB than Frankfort’s at throwing and scrambling. The key for Frankfort to win is to establish the run on Dayton and keep the ball out of Sherlock’s hands. If Dayton can get them in three and out situations it could be a long night for the Frankfort D. Dayton needs to come out and play exactly how they did Friday night against Carroll. Many predicted Carroll to win that game and Dayton was up 50 to 7 at one point. Sherlock was on target, and Dayton dominated the line of scrimmage. If Dayton can bring this same game plan down the capitol I look for Sherlock and Richardson to have big games. IMO, the game comes down the two lines. Whoever wins the line of scrimmage wins the game. Good luck to both, as I will be in attendance. :thumb:

Dayton: 35

Frankfort: 28