Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Smoke

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Smoke

  1. Sorry, not to stray away from the threads focus, but aren't you a Cov Cath fan? If that's the case then I am assuming you advocate most of what Cov Cath is about, which coincidentally happens to be spending an outrageous amount of money on a high school education that is supposed to be "better" than what public schools offer. I just don't see how you can put down spending money on an education that will actually apply to your future considering the above. Regardless, congrats to AC and the opportunity Notre Dame offers on and off the football field can't be beat.
  2. The best high school players I recall coming from Simon Kenton have to be Mike Webster and Matt Daniels from the early 90's. They both got some serious college recognition, possibly more than Miles. Not sure what either went on to do on the college level but I do know they had some serious offers. Their team just didn't succeed like SK did last year.
  3. Kyle Daniels will definitely be a force in the paint next year....him and Cory Cruise will keep the tigers on track in the lane. They are constantly challenging each other up on the football field getting in shape for this coming season.
  4. I may be wrong here, but I believe in order for the football team to move up, the basketball team would have to do the same...can someone help me out here? Wouldn't the basketball team have to be in div. II if the football team moved up a class? Even if that is not the case, the boys basketball team won't be able to move up because the girls team will not allow it.
  5. Don't forget Beechwood beating Highlands, the #3 team, head-to-head
  6. Look at the competition Villa plays. Against Beechwood Bryan had 15 points the first game and im not 100% sure about the second game but almost positive it was 15 points again, well below his average.
  7. Why? To start a fight?....I'll pass....that is what this site is for; to state our opinions. I'm not saying the kid has no character. I'm saying he needs to play the game with some respect. Shoving kids and losing your temper and then talking trash when you have not proven you can back it up are clear signs of immaturity. All I'm saying is that it would be nice if he could once not get a call to go his way and jog down to the other end without a peep.
  8. That's exactly my point. The kid needs to be taught some respect. You don't run your mouth to one of the better players in the region when he hasn't proven ANYTHING other than he is prone to getting technicals. He deliberately shoved him. IMO R. Johnson is the only one on this team who is mature enough to lead them to greatness. Hopefully he steps up sooner than later.
  9. Do not know much about the Franklin Co. game, but I remember Riley winning the game for them against Scott Co. and them playing a very up tempo game which suits Pittman very well compared to other big men. IMO Princeton would beat any team in KY by 10 plus points. I've seen them play three times and the Orlando Williams kid is much much better than any point guard I've seen play around here. Not to mention their big boys are BIG boys not just height wise but in bulk too. I just don't think at this stage they can be considered a top team in the nation. However, if they go on to win out for the season and bring the state championship home in a domineering fashion, then I would definitely reconsider my stance.
  10. I'm going to say it now...I think Cambell can give Holmes some trouble. I think they're similar to Boone minus the point play....Nyrle? is a stud. Could be way off here. To respond to Holmes being ranked nationally....Princeton would absolutely DOMINATE Holmes. I don't believe they could play with a lot of teams that match their size because of Pittman's unwillingness to play in the post. Also, he is not strong enought to guard solid, strong post players for an entire game without rest IMO.
  11. From having only seen Holmes a play a couple times this year, I constantly am wondering what the Arnold kids problem is...does he think he is a superstar or that running his mouth does anything? IMO he doesn't have anything to back it up with. Pittman is a different story. Why can't the Holmes players feed off of R. Johnson's maturity. McFarland is five times the player that Arnold kid is. NO REASON FOR HIM TO RUN HIS MOUTH. Getting in someone's head is one thing. Pushing and shoving when no one is looking accomplishes nothing but making him look foolish and immature. If he wants to be as great as some thinks he can be he better figure out how to play with some respect. Question for those better informed than I...Why does R. Johnson not take games like this one over? The kid is an absolute freak athletically and I have witnessed his spurts of greatness but he never seems to take control of games throughout the game....I know he has a talented supporting cast but when no one else is stepping up shouldn't he be wanting the ball and scoring at will? At least I would expect this if he is as highly touted recruit as I've read about on here. Does he play differently in AAU?
  12. How did Earls do against Pittman? What did Rico do tonight?
  13. What has Boone done to be effective? Slow down the game and work it inside or have they been hot from the outside?
  14. Maybe they're playing their worst game because Boone Co. can actually match up with them and put pressure on them because they can actually match up size wise. Looks like McFarlend isn't being dominated by Rico like many on here thought would happen. How is Boones big guy playing...Earls? How is the Gabbard/Riley matchup playing out?
  15. I'm very suprised PVS ended up playing at Georgetown. Thought he would sign with at least a D1AA school. He was FAST, physical, and could truly dominate a game. This post is not a bash on the Daniels kid from Beechwood, but I read in the paper that he was offered by Wofford and somehow PVS wasn't which doesn't make sense to me. Don't get me wrong, Daniels can flat out play as I witnessed duringt the CCH game, but all along I had heard Wofford was very interested in PVS and then I'm assuming didn't offer him? Just can't believe those type of schools passed on this kid as he is an absolute stud.
  16. IMO Slusher would've struggled in the same areas Daniels is struggling in. Dribbling, shooting, and learning the offense inside and out. I believe he would've excelled in rebounding, defense, and other similar characteristics of the game.I believe Downton to be the best athlete of any of them, but still would say Slusher would be struggling but could make up for it with his size and strength. Daniels and Downton were clearly the best two on the freshman squad but both quit due to football. This argument is pointless, those three chose to pursue football and did great in it, I'm sure they are happy with their two state rings. We simply can not hold an argument about athleticism because my opinion will not change yours. They are all great athletes, each in different ways.
  17. I would be willing to put Joe Daniels athleticism up against Brady Slushers' any day of the week. However, Brady would've offered a bigger body and more bulk, but in no way can you compare Slushers speed to Daniels. And to those of you who didn't know, both Daniels and Slusher played freshman year but decided to quit and focus on football. I'd say it worked out for them. The biggest potential contributor to the basketball team would've been Alex downton but he decided not to come out for the team.
  18. My post was to simply point out that Bryan acts tough on the court but has nothing to back it up. When people foul him he cries to the refs. And I brought up football because he WOULD NOT pull what he does on the basketball court on a football field and if he did he wouldn't get back up on the next play. The point is he runs his mouth and pushes and shoves and makes an absolute fool of himself because he has NOTHING to back up his actions. I can't figure out why everyone is so high on Bryan. He's disrespectful and plays with a swagger he can't back up. At least against Beechwood. Reminds me of Buckler from Bellevue, stating in an interview that Bellevue would beat Beechwood in football, yeah that didn't happen and he had about 20 yds. against them. Similar to Bryan.
  19. I was watching the same game you were d1, and I was simply saying that when I observed the game, Bryan was messing with the wrong Beechwood players. I was simply saying that I would enjoy watching him try and get away with what he did to several Beechwood players on the football field being that he weighs about 140-150 pounds and trying to get cheap shots on guys like Romes (185 lbs.) and Daniels (210 lbs.) I've seen Beechwood's football team rally around eachother when someone from another team cheapshots or tries to get their licks in after the play is over and whoever tries it gets repaid on the next play. I hope the basketball team responds this way.
  20. From what I saw in the Beechwood game, Bryan thought he was too good to be on the floor and was constantly trying to impose himself upon the Beechwood players by giving elbows, shoulder bumping, and the other typical actions a player tries to take acting like they are tough. I hate to say it, but Bryan probably weighs about 150 pounds and tried to shoulder bump Daniels and Romes. Lets just say as an observer I would've enjoyed seeing Bryan try and do that to Daniels on the football field.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.