Beechwood Schedule

I think with the sweep of CovCath last night and the wins over Highlands, Dixie, Conner, and Holy Cross we have seen this team is a legit top 10 team in NKY. But with that said they are getting a lot of hype on here from the Beechwood fans that think they aren't getting the respect they should.

My only question is the schedule of Beechwood. What happened to scheduling NCC, St. Henry, Lloyd, Boone, Scott, etc. Some of the better schools and bigger schools that would have made this team better thoughout the year? Why not play some of these teams to make you better.

Of the 22wins they have 14 have come against the following:

Bellvue (2)

Calvary Christian (2)

Villa (2)

Ludlow (2)

Silver Grove (2)

Heritage (2)

Dayton (2)

I understand if 7 of the wins came from these teams, but why are they playing all these teams twice?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with the sweep of CovCath last night and the wins over Highlands, Dixie, Conner, and Holy Cross we have seen this team is a legit top 10 team in NKY. But with that said they are getting a lot of hype on here from the Beechwood fans that think they aren't getting the respect they should.

My only question is the schedule of Beechwood. What happened to scheduling NCC, St. Henry, Lloyd, Boone, Scott, etc. Some of the better schools and bigger schools that would have made this team better thoughout the year? Why not play some of these teams to make you better.

Bellvue (2)

Calvary Christian (2)

Villa (2)

Ludlow (2)

Silver Grove (2)

Heritage (2)

Dayton (2)

I understand if 7 of the wins came from these teams, but why are they playing all these teams twice?

Those are all NKAC Division III teams that they are required to play twice. For a small school like Beechwood and the other Div. III schools, one of their main goals at the start of each season is winning the NKAC Div. III championship and you have to play that schedule to do that.

Bellvue (2)

Calvary Christian (2)

Villa (2)

Ludlow (2)

Silver Grove (2)

Heritage (2)

Dayton (2)

I believe they are required to as part of the NKAC D3.

Yes they are required to as part of Div III and yes it does hurt them. I just want to know where on here Beechwood fans are complaining about lack of respect. Most Tiger fans know that DivIII does not help them be competitive.

NKYBOY I'm respectfully calling you out on you saying the Beechies are complaining!!

Yes they are required to as part of Div III and yes it does hurt them. I just want to know where on here Beechwood fans are complaining about lack of respect. Most Tiger fans know that DivIII does not help them be competitive.

NKYBOY I'm respectfully calling you out on you saying the Beechies are complaining!!

Flop. I think you are right. I have not heard Beechwood fans complaining. I think the Beechwood fans are very humble about their success this year and appreciative of any recognition they receive. Beechwood recognizes they are a small school competing against the big boys and they truly enjoy every win they can post against one of those big schools. It is arguably the best year ever for Beechwood basketball and their fans are just proudly but humbly living the moment.

Flop. I think you are right. I have not heard Beechwood fans complaining. I think the Beechwood fans are very humble about their success this year and appreciative of any recognition they receive. Beechwood recognizes they are a small school competing against the big boys and they truly enjoy every win they can post against one of those big schools. It is arguably the best year ever for Beechwood basketball and their fans are just proudly but humbly living the moment.

Amen!!! I'm just waiting for an explanation from NKYBOY!:confused:

Being part of the D 3 has its positives and negatives. I feel it would be better for these schools to play each other 1 time a year mandatory, and then if they want to schedule each other again, the second game would not count in the conference. Silver Grove ran into the same problem a few years back with the Pelle Boys and Wiseman. It's tough to schedule when you are locked into 14 conference games, 3 mandatory district seeding games, the All A and a particular Christmas tourney. It really only leaves the coach 3 or 4 games to schedule on their own. For the past 7 or 8 years the D 3 champ has usually won 13 or 14 games and can compete among the mid to upper echelon teams. When it comes to the end of the year, it makes it tough on these D 3 champs, because they haven't been able to schedule how they would like. However, talent at the D 3 level greatly fluctuates year to year and that is why they all agree to still play each other twice.

I agree. I'm not even a Beechwood fan and I've probably complained about them not receiving enough respect more than actual Beechwood fans have. I've been talking them up all year since I saw them against Holmes in the opening game for both teams. Beechwood is a legit team despite what their schedule might suggest.

If the boys team moves up, so does the girls. How many wins does Beechwood's girls program have this year? There is your answer. Until both squads can prove to dominate or atleast compete on a regular basis, I don't see a change in Division. Now, the question to why Beechwood doesn't move up in football may be a little more legit!:idunno:

If the boys team moves up, so does the girls. How many wins does Beechwood's girls program have this year? There is your answer. Until both squads can prove to dominate or atleast compete on a regular basis, I don't see a change in Division. Now, the question to why Beechwood doesn't move up in football may be a little more legit!:idunno:

I agree about the girls, but to make all DIII teams more competitive in the region, why play each other 2x. The other divisions don't.

Amen!!! I'm just waiting for an explanation from NKYBOY!:confused:

Im not saying they are complaining, but I've seen comments that have given me the impression that fans think the team deserves more respect in this area over the past couple years. Which probaby is true from the wins they are getting over the bigger schools, but I was just questioning the schedule. I didn't realize D3 had to play each other twice. D2 and D1, that isn't the case. But just to prove my point, here are some quotes that show why my impression was that Beechwood wanted more respect.

Beechwood has been proving they are the better team all season no matter who they are playing. Give them credit.

Either way I think the Tigers finally deserve respect. Their record is now 12-2

Nice win for Beechwood. They should be a top 5 team IMO.

NKYBOY, Do you think Beechwood honestly chooses to play all those schools twice? They won all their conference games by an average of 22 points this season. If you've noticed all their games outside the conference are usually against Division 1 schools. Coach Shumate makes their schedule as tough as it possibly can be. If it was completely up to him, he wouldn't play any Division 3 schools. Also, I haven't heard complaints from one Beechwood fan. Where are you getting your information, and what do you have against this program?