Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miles Simpson best ever at SK?

Featured Replies

Is Miles Simpson the best ever to play at Simon Kenton High School?

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see how his senior year goes. But as of right now I'd say so. My knowledge of SK football though only covers mostly this decade with some awareness of the better known players over the years.

Who else would be in the conversation?

Who else would be in the conversation?

 

Mike Webster had an All-SEC career at UK and spent time in NFL Europe before a knee injury, which he received at UK, forced him to give it up. However, I don't believe that he was recruited out of high school, just made himself a starter at UK.

Mike Webster had an All-SEC career at UK and spent time in NFL Europe before a knee injury, which he received at UK, forced him to give it up. However, I don't believe that he was recruited out of high school, just made himself a starter at UK.

 

You also must question how good he was AT SK. Without a doubt he was pretty good or he wouldn't start in college. However the best to play at SK not to come out of SK.:thumb:

You also must question how good he was AT SK. Without a doubt he was pretty good or he wouldn't start in college. However the best to play at SK not to come out of SK.:thumb:

 

Correct, but it was asked who else would be in the conversation, so I threw a name out.

Charles Siffel is the first one that comes to mind.

There was a very good linebacker in the late 80's early 90's that was very good as well. Can't think of his name.

What about that big bruising RB they had about 5 years back? I think his name was Pollard?

I think Miles will secure that spot after this season. Charles Siffel and Alan Mullins were very good players that should be brought up in conversation.

What about that big bruising RB they had about 5 years back? I think his name was Pollard?

 

Polland went to Scott.

Some of the best I can think of would be:

 

Alan Mullins QB/RB 1979-81 482 carries 3,016 yds 6.3 avg

Alan held the single game rushing record prior to Miles breaking it last season. Played Wr at WKU and some in the CFL.

 

Charlie Siffel RB 1967-69 518 carries 3,102 yds 6.0 avg

I believe Charlie was the first ever all stater for SK, he was the all time rusher with over 3000 before it was broken by Daniel Morrison.

 

Daniel Morrison RB 1998-00 574 carries 3,637 yds 6.3 avg

DMo was a treat to coach and watch, around this time frame SK started to turn the corner from some horrific seasons prior. DMo went on to play a bit a Morehead St.

 

Miles Simpson 2006- 354 carries 2,726 yds 7.70 avg

As you can see, he should eclipse the school record before the midway portion of the season.

 

On the defensive side of the ball I would add:

 

Mike Webster 1991-1994

One of the nastiest guys I know, attended UK, then left for Thomas More, played on one of their best teams, then went back to UK and started at OG in front of Tim Couch. Played for Barcelona in NFL Europe, and later had a tryout with Jacksonville. I believe Tony Brackens injured Mike's shoulder and ended any hope of a chance in the NFL.

 

Paul Wilburn 1988-1990 LB

Paul wasn't the biggest or fastest players but he had a nose for the ball.

 

Craig "Nails" Cooper 1999-01 LB

"Nails" wasn't very big at all but could turn the lights off of the opposition. All time leader with 302 tackles, and I can still see the hit he put on Beechwood's, Martella, I believe Gametime was in attendance that evening. Craig hails from a family of great wrestlers, they have to have close to 10 state titles between them.

When did SK start fielding a football team?

 

1966 was the first season. Five playoff appearances, 5-5 record with losses to CovCath, Trinity (3) and Ryle. All but Ryle went on to win the title in their respective class.

What about that big bruising RB they had about 5 years back? I think his name was Pollard?

 

Brent Bishop, he's currently 4th all time in rushing with a bit over 2700 yards.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.