Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Final NKY Boys Poll

Featured Replies

1. Boone Co (6) 114

2. Holmes (6) 113

3. Highlands 91

4. Scott 69

5. Ryle 61

6. Newcath 48

7. Beechwood 47

8. Campbell Co 36

9. Conner 24

10. Newport 21

 

Boone finishes the season as the Enquirer NKY Boys Poll Champs. Looks like they're the favorite heading in to the post season...let the games begin. :sssh:

 

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20090224/SPT0302/902240403/

They deserve to be, they just beat Holmes and are playing better than Holmes.

  • Author
They deserve to be, they just beat Holmes and are playing better than Holmes.

 

I agree they're playing better than Holmes...which is why I said they're the favorite. :thumb:

1. Boone Co (6) 114

2. Holmes (6) 113

3. Highlands 91

4. Scott 69

5. Ryle 61

6. Newcath 48

7. Beechwood 47

8. Campbell Co 36

9. Conner 24

10. Newport 21

 

Boone finishes the season as the Enquirer NKY Boys Poll Champs. Looks like they're the favorite heading in to the post season...let the games begin. :sssh:

 

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20090224/SPT0302/902240403/

 

 

I would probably move Beechwood to #5 and move everyone else down one spot. I would also have Holy Cross at #9 with Conner at #10

Anyways, even if the next game were played at Boone, I still think Holmes would win. Coach Henley won't lose to Boone twice in a year. All the credit to Boone for beating Holmes, but I don't see it happening twice.

Edited by bugatti

I would probably move Beechwood to #5 and move everyone else down one spot. I would also have Holy Cross at #9 with Conner at #10

 

Why? Ryle beat Beechwood head-to-head (on BHS' home court) just recently.

Why? Ryle beat Beechwood head-to-head (on BHS' home court) just recently.

 

Body of work. In my opinion Beechwood has played more consistently than Ryle.

  • Author
Body of work. In my opinion Beechwood has played more consistently than Ryle.

 

I agree. I'd also say Holmes could make the same argument for being ahead of Boone. Just recently did Boone start playing better. Holmes overall body of work is much more impressive.

Body of work. In my opinion Beechwood has played more consistently than Ryle.

 

Just don't see that. Ryle played a much tougher schedule than Beechwood. Nothing personal, but BHS' schedule was packed with the likes of Calvary (2x), Heritage (2x), Ludlow (2x), Dayton (2x), Bellevue (2x), Silver Grove (2x), and Villa (2x). But we're each entitled to our own opinions. :cool:

I agree. I'd also say Holmes could make the same argument for being ahead of Boone. Just recently did Boone start playing better. Holmes overall body of work is much more impressive.

 

You have stated many times in the past (and including earlier in this very thread), that the rankings are about the current level of play by a team, not the overall season "body of work." The "body of work" argument seems to generally be the mantra of those trying to explain away a recent defeat of their team by another team ranked ahead of them. :D

Just don't see that. Ryle played a much tougher schedule than Beechwood. Nothing personal, but BHS' schedule was packed with the likes of Calvary (2x), Heritage (2x), Ludlow (2x), Dayton (2x), Bellevue (2x), Silver Grove (2x), and Villa (2x). But we're each entitled to our own opinions. :cool:

Don't forget CovCath 2x as well.

  • Author
You have stated many times in the past (and including earlier in this very thread), that the rankings are about the current level of play by a team, not the overall season "body of work." The "body of work" argument seems to generally be the mantra of those trying to explain away a recent defeat of their team by another team ranked ahead of them. :D

 

Which is why I said Boone is playing better right now and is the favorite heading in to the post season. :confused:

 

Was just stating if we were looking at overall body of work, like 4pointplay originally implied, that a case could be made for Holmes being ahead of Boone.. nothing more, nothing less. Take it FWIW.

  • Author
So what exactly does this poll mean?

 

Boone gets a nice little plaque from Ryan Ernst and The Enquirer, stating that they're the Enquirer NKY Boys Poll Champs....so pretty much...nothing.

If I do my math correctly and based on the fact that both Boone and Holmes received 6 first place votes that tells me that someone voted Holmes 3rd.

 

What?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.