Everything posted by Nkysportsblog
-
Beechwood 63 Covington Catholic 56
I wouldn't say the dunk was as impressive as the unexpected nature of it. It was pretty normal; not like he hammered it but it was just exciting because I didn't expect him to do it at all.
-
Beechwood 63 Covington Catholic 56
There is another set of "VIP" type seats across the gym that are reserved during the season. I'm not sure how they were using those tonight. It seemed like a lot of the players from Holmes and HC sat there. Both corners of the gym were wide open. Put it this way.... There was noone in danger of getting locked out tonight at that game.
-
Tournament radio and webcasts
That's correct.
-
Beechwood 63 Covington Catholic 56
BTW There were tons of open seats at HC tonight. I still don't understand what the big deal is about it being too small. It was an awesome atmosphere but there were still plenty of seats available.
-
35th District: Holmes @ Holy Cross Predictions (2/24)
Sorry I haven't been around all day and just now saw this, but the link is http://www.hchscov.com.
-
Beechwood 63 Covington Catholic 56
I think it's safe to say he'll win the pregame dunk contest. Although, Elijah usually still kind of lightly one hand dunks them while they do layups.
-
Cooper 67 Heritage Academy 65 (OT)
Coach Sullivan has to be happy about this one. Him and his guys definitely deserve it.
-
Beechwood 63 Covington Catholic 56
Not for Holmes. They haven't been dunking since like the first couple games of the year. I heard it was because of a technical they got for dunking with the refs out but am not 100% on that maybe someone can confirm. Their warmups are pretty boring now.
-
Beechwood 63 Covington Catholic 56
I couldn't believe he threw it down. He was leading the pack but with two guys right on his heels. He elevated quickly and really got up on that one. It was pretty awesome to see in person. I was impressed.
-
Tournament radio and webcasts
The entire 35th District Tournament can be seen by going to Holy Cross' website. Right on the front page there is an icon that says HCTV. That link takes you right to the live video broadcast and all the games on demand. http://www.hchscov.com
-
Covington Catholic vs Beechwood predictions
The biggest key for CCH's bigs to be successful is for them to actually get enough touches. If CovCath throws it inside and drives to the basket they have a good chance of winning IMO. Otherwise it will be the same game as last time.
-
Covington Catholic vs Beechwood predictions
Wow... I knew Romes presents a huge matchup problem for CCH, but I thought Maile would be able to slow him down some. If I remember correctly he had about 20 didn't he? I look for that to be a problem again tonight. If Maile can't stop him they don't have anyone else athletic enough too.
-
Covington Catholic vs Beechwood predictions
Did Maile guard Romes in the first meeting?
-
Covington Holy Cross 57 St. Henry 41
I seriously have no idea about all these grade school kids I keep hearing about at HC's gym. I have never seen a swarm of grade schoolers taking up seats when I go to an HC game. Let me ask you this do you know if people were closed out at districts last time it was played at HC?
-
Covington Catholic vs Beechwood predictions
This game will be broadcast via Holy Cross' website in video as well... http://www.hchscov.com.
-
I haven't won a basketball prize 10th Region Contest
Mason County
-
I haven't won a basketball prize 9th Region Contest
Holmes
-
Covington Holy Cross 57 St. Henry 41
The Indians are no doubt playing their best ball right now. Another big game for Trimpe and that makes the Indians soooo much better when they have someone hitting threes. It's so much easier to stop them from scoring if you can collapse on Giwa and collapse on Egan without getting hurt. St. Henry did that tonight and Trimpe torched them. He also had a nice night taking it to the rim.
-
9th region: Tournament Predictions and Outlook
I think NCC has a great chance to sneak up on some people in this tournament. Their defensive style will really give some teams some trouble as shown in the NDA game a week ago.
-
Newport 53 Bishop Brossart 52
I think they've showed glimpses all season. Their problem is consistency. They are definitely a dangerous team. I would be worried if I'm a Highlands fan.
-
35th District boys game between CovCath & Beechwood time change
I know HC vs CovCath sold out at CCH I believe maybe last year? I remember broadcasting it and my partner showed up late and they weren't letting him in. Mark Wehry had to go down and tell the guys that he was indeed there to broadcast.
-
Newport 53 Bishop Brossart 52
This is a big win for Newport heading into districts. Brossart is a team that forces you to be patient and disciplined on both ends of the court which is what Newport usually struggles with. Sounds like a great game wish I could have gone.
-
35th District boys game between CovCath & Beechwood time change
That is what it was was a tailgate party. Lol at CovCath it's school spirit... At Holy Cross its a conspiracy to lockout the colonel crazies.
-
35th District boys game between CovCath & Beechwood time change
That's what I thought. I really can't remember any game I've ever been to at HC where people got shutout. I know it gets crammed but I cant remember people not being able to get in.
-
St. Henry @ Covington Holy Cross (2/20)
This game is going to be broadcast in video online via HC's website.