Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thomas Magnum

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Thomas Magnum

  1. Hmmmmm The Crystal ball says: Rowan by 3 TDs
  2. Bath gets all wet!!!! Williamsburg 42 Bath 18
  3. Bell 38 Rock 13 Monte Merrick makes it too long a field ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! When you have to go 80 yards after evey kick, it just gives a team more time to make mistakes. Also he is a weapon offensively when he can kick field goals the way he does. Spencer Greer, Shawnte Zackery, and the rest are good, actually better than good, but Monte Merrick is the most valuable player on that team.
  4. Corbin is putting extra effort into this game, big rival game, close........yeah it is safe to say it is going to be a good game, but Corbin wins.
  5. You know they may still have a good team even though they got beat, Whitley may have had something to do with them looking so bad. BUT it did not appear that they ever made any adjustments to what Whitley was doing. Also I thought that Whiltey was way more aggressive than the Wildcats, and physically beat them down early in the game.
  6. From the above post it seems like Newport may have taken a step back while Whitley hs taken several steps forward. For a team to score 52 in a football game with the running clock is pretty good and from what I heard Whitley subbed down early. It was a close game at Whitley last year, with the Colonels winning 14-13, and this year on the road the Colonels score 52? What are they feeding those boys, gunpowder?
  7. I will buy the paper,:thumb: holding any offense to only 53 yards rushing is not too shabby.
  8. Les any stats on the game tonight? OR do we have to wait and read them in the paper tomorrow...LOL
  9. Teams that are "Not real good" don't score 52 on anybody in any game. Whitley is better than you think, they DID play bell. Yeah they lost and made Bell look better and Bell made Whitley look worse, but Whitley is an improved team. Congrats on a nice win Colonels!!!!! Keep up the good work.
  10. I think that the difference in this game just may be that Whitley is a little farther along in their rebuilding process. I think although on the road Whitley should win this one.
  11. I have alot of respect for Johnson Central, I think it is great for Mountain football the way they have turned their program and facilities around. But it sometimes get hard to pull for a team when you only hear about the negative things about the teams they have played.
  12. I look forward to being a FOOTBALL DAD (except for that neuterd part,OUCH!) But I dread having to deal with my future FOOTBALL MOM. I once heard one "MOM" complain to the coach about the lack of carbs and electrolytes in the pre-game meals, and lo and behold SHE started cooking all of the pre-game meals at no cost to the program. Now that was a coach who knew enough to just get out of the way!!!
  13. Most sports including basketball, football and baseball have become year around. With off season weight training, camps and other sports specific things, kids are not getting the rest they used too, the dead period is only two weeks and most kids feel pressure to keep up some kind of workout. Does this contribute to injuries? I agree that it (pre-season conditioning) is good but what do you do to keep your kids fresh and interested? Most schools do take some time off, but once pre-season conditioning begins, in the real world the sport has started. Is it that important to get in shape in early Sept, when games don't start till late November?
  14. I am sure most teams have started, what does your team do that sets it apart from the others to make it better? Running? Lifting Weights? Plyometrics? All of the above? With the grueling schedule (no break over Christmas) is this too much for younger players? Or does it mature them quicker?
  15. NO! Your hand goes on my back when you spot me for a Back Flip, see how the cheerleaders do it!
  16. TAG!!!! Your It!!!! AND No Tag Backs.......... The KHSAA sanctions Full Contact Tag.
  17. Bell did whip Whitley pretty good, this is the best Bell team I have seen in many years, going back to the early to mid 90's. That being said, Whitley still did some good things against Bell, and even with the long drive I look for the Colonels to rebound with a good effort. As far as the passing goes, I think that will help the Colonels. Although they want to run the ball you now have to respect the ability of the Colonels to move the ball through the air. They have proven they can run the ball, and it will make it just that much tougher to defend the whole field against them.
  18. Bethlehem got whipped pretty bad this past week, I just wonder if they are having problems with numbers. I can't see giving up the ghost even before the game, even though Corbin would be a HUGE favortie.
  19. I said this against Harlan County and I will say it again...... I just don't see 52 being put on the cats, they play hard and hit hard even when outmanned. Harlan hung 41 on them, and even with the injuries I don't see 52, that is 7 plus touchdowns. I would think that LC could hold on to the ball long enought to keep them from scoring that much on them.
  20. They may get a strong defensive effort, but they have to be able to score some points. If their players are still injured they will have a tough problem scoring and if you don't score then you can't win, no matter how good your defensive effort.
  21. With gas prices the way they are, you have your district games and put Williamsburg, Whitley, Knox, Bell, and Somerset on your schedule and that would be a big fuel savings, plus you would have some great local rivalries and BIG gates.
  22. The injuries were no totally unexpected for me, I mentioned that sometimes you are somewhat outmanned you give that extra effort and tire out, then your technique gets bad and you slow down some (not on purpose) and that is when injuries happen. Here's to hoping that LC can get healthy and compete. Good Luck Cats. Campbellsville 35 Lynn Camp 10 That is based on the injuries.
  23. I would have liked to have gone to this game, The Varsity Club does a great job putting it together. I was forced to listen to it, well at least I tried, the Corbin radio crew talked about alot of stuff, most of which did not pertain to the game. It was very frustrating to try and keep up with the game. Congrats Corbin on a nice win.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.