Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

YoungBlood

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by YoungBlood

  1. It is hard to keep a good B-ball coach there let along a good football coach. I would have to say though that football is definitely on the rise in the big CC.
  2. I don't like foreign establishments :eek: Maybe I do know what is going to happen and then again maybe not.
  3. I would say that if his son knows whether he is taking the job or not (and I'm sure he does) then he wouldn't tell anyone out of respect for his dad. I'm not saying at all that what his son said to you is not true or anything, but to me that seems like the best way for a son to handle it.
  4. Your're right, that is no fun at all :lol:
  5. The folks down my way wish him the best as well. College ball is tough on any level but if you go in with the right mindset - that no matter how tough things may get you will NOT give up - then you will do just fine. Good Luck :thumb:
  6. Ok, once again "its a done deal" was not the right thing to say. Here is what I think, Coach Larkey just hasn't said anything yet because when a coach leaves a school he or she would like to do it on their own terms. This of course doesn't always happen that way; but typically when a coach leaves on thier own to take another job they just don't go around telling people weeks in advance - for one simple fact - life could (not saying that it would) be made hard on them or their family before they leave. If its true about Coach Larkey and the Black Bears, then I would say he's waiting to maybe Friday to tell his players or whoever he's going to tell. I guess we will all know for sure on Monday. :thumb:
  7. Sorry for that post. First Round Winners Bardstown Paintsville UHA Bishop Brossart Murry Rose Hill Metcalfe Hazard Second Round Winners Paintsville UHA Rose Hill Metcalfe Semi Finals UHA Metcalfe Champion UHA Total Points: 143 Time: 1 hr 44 minutes
  8. Ok, I guess you're right. I apologize for saying "its a done deal" but I do know for a fact that an announcement will be made Feb. 4th at 5:00. All I'm saying is that Coach Larkey is the only name that is floating around right now or at least that is the only one that I'm hearing. Check back on Monday because there definitely will be a coach named then. :thumb:
  9. I agree, but there is no defusing a rumor when its really the truth. From my understanding it's a done deal.
  10. I guess the rumor is true, a football coach WILL be named on Feb. 4th at 5:00. Coach Larkey and the Black Bears will be for real next season!!!!!
  11. Railroad, that's interesting! I would say that getting out of that room with no windows at school is a relief :jump: Don't take it so serious (just kidding) lungbuster, I don't know what you do for a living but whatever it is then I respect it, and I won't make mention of it again :thumb: I do agree with you though, the people of Halan need to be patient, but the lady will be singing come Monday evening! :dancingpa
  12. Sounds like this was a great high school game to watch!!
  13. If the rumor is true (which I'm pretty sure that it is) and Larkey is coming to coach the Black Bears, that he would not be bringing any of his assistants with him. I think that the whole moving process is playing a big factor in any of his assistants leaving Rock.
  14. I second that....congrats to Jared and I hope that he gets a chance to throw a pass in the Super Bowl.
  15. What time does your job with work boots and layers of clothing start? You made this post at 8:52 :lol: just kidding lungbuster! I don't know for sure were Larkey's home is, it may be Laurel County but the new Harlan County Coaching Position would be hard to turn down in my opinion. Hope the rumor is true :banana:
  16. This region will be a good one to watch!!!
  17. I agree with the statement that the girls region will be a good one. I would say that Middlesboro and Clay are the top 2 teams, but it wouldn't suprise me if someone else won the region. Good luck to all teams!
  18. It must be nice lungbuster to go off to Flordia for the weekend on a teaching salary :thumb: If this is true then I too want to WELCOME Coach Larkey to Harlan County. With well over 100 kids for him to work with then look out next year cause the Black Bears could be for real :ylsuper:
  19. I would have to say that Charles Thomas from Harlan was one of the best dunkers from this area. I didn't get to see a lot of players play before him so somebody may know of someone else, but he was the best that I've seen.
  20. I would say that Paintsville wins this one by a landslide. They have the experience with a senior dominated team and yes the Slone kid is for real.
  21. Head coaches love a new challenge and getting that opportunity to do it by going home is really tough to turn down. Who knows, next week is a long time from now and he may change his mind...but I doubt it!
  22. I agree, it suprises me as well but from what I have been told (doesn't mean that its true.......:lol:) this will happen at the first of next week.
  23. I totally agree :thumb:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.