Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

YoungBlood

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by YoungBlood

  1. If this is true (pretty sure that it is) then welcome to Harlan County Coach Larkey. :dancingpa GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!
  2. I see this as being a good possibility of Holmes running the table into district play. :thumb:
  3. Does anyone know if this is true or not? The person that told me said that he heard it from someone else. You know how things can get turned around when word travels from person to person, so it's untelling if I got the correct information or not. :lol: Have you heard anything about this rockcastleraiders?
  4. I heard this too! I can't confirm that if he did or didn't, but I did hear that he was meeting with his players today and telling them he was going to coach Harlan County High School.
  5. I didn't get a chance to see the Pineville game so I can't respond on how many wide open shots the guards did or didn't get. I've seen Cumberland play 6 or 7 times this year, and the times that Johnson does go down on the block are very few. It's hard for the guards to throw you the ball on the block when you just go down there once or twice a game. The few times that I've seen him go to the block he hasn't really posted up and asked for the ball like a big man needs to. I'm not putting down Johnson's game at all (still think he is the best talent in the region), all I'm saying is that if he's on the post the whole game and really worked for the ball then teams would have to double down.
  6. I agree, she is a very good player!
  7. In last nights game against Bell County, Boggs became the All-Time leading scorer at Cawood High School for the girls. :thumb:
  8. I agree about Crawford, he's still not fully back to his old self yet but if he can get there come regional tournament time then Corbin will be a tough out. I wouldn't go as far as to saying that South Laurel is "head and shoulders" above the rest of the 13th.
  9. Could you imagine how good Cumberland would be if they left Johnson and Wilson on the blocks? I've seen them play several times and even Wilson will come out on the floor and shoot 3's. Keeping them two under the basket would open things up for the guards to get open shots and that would make them dangerous during tournament time.
  10. If I'm not badly mistaken Jay Cobb turned down the job at the new Harlan County High School. This doesn't mean that he wouldn't be interested in Pikeville, but he has turned down some big jobs to stay at Somerset.
  11. Didn't know that you had said it lungbuster, but if you have then you are right. Johnson is an outstanding talent, probably the best talent in the region as far as the next level goes. Although he may play out on the floor in college, if Cumberland wants to have a chance to win the region then he needs to be playing closer to the basket.
  12. No other names have been floating around that I have heard, that's not to say that there isn't any. It's been pretty quite since Larkey's name has been mentioned.
  13. Not questioning anything the coach is doing or not doing, but in my opinion Johnson (Cumberland) needs to play inside more instead of out on the floor a lot. With his size and athletic ablility he could be a force down there, but for whatever reason he plays mostly out on the floor.
  14. First Round LCA NCC Lou. Holy Cross Bardstown Cumberland Co. Shleby Valley Middlesboro Paris Quarter Finals LCA Bardstown Cumberland County Middlesboro Semi Finals LCA Cumberland County Champion LCA Total Score: 134
  15. This was a great win for Williamsburg, congrats! I too don't think that many expected this win, but that is why they play the game.
  16. Congrats to Alex and good luck
  17. Watch out for Boyle County, new coach could mean some more exciting times.
  18. Nick Sanford was more of a pure scorer rather than a guy that would just dunk on you. I do think that Nick was the best to ever play in the county but Thomas was one that would dunk on you if he got a chance.
  19. Holmes has a very nice ball team, they truly overmatched the Cawood Trojans in an impressive win over them as well.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.