Everything posted by ckyhoopsfan
-
Lincoln County 50 Rockcastle County 49
I have to say the 14th officiating is interesting. Especially when one of your best wears a belt with their pants, been a long time since I have seen that. In a high school game anyway, I see it all the time in my son's rec league, just not in a regional semifinal game. For all of that complain about the 12th region officiating, bite your tongue.
-
McCreary Central vs. Lincoln County Predictions (12th) 3/9
To be the MAN, you have to beat the MAN!
-
Lincoln County's Ethan Spurlin scores 1000th point
Unless Colby Long can average 30 next year, the next 1000 point scorer may take a while.
-
Danville vs Lincoln County
If Danville wins and Lincoln Beats Boyle tomorrow night that will make Lincoln, Danville and Garrard all 4-2 with their losses being against each other, does anyone know the tiebreaker.
-
What is the weakest region?
The 12th has 5 or 6 teams who could all compete within the top 25, but I do not think there is a team in the 12th that could compete within the top 10. However, you have to remember that West Jess beat Lex Cath a few weeks back. The 12th Region tournament should be a blast. Other than the 47th each district could put 2 teams into the Regional Tourney that could win it. There will be a team left out of the 45th and the 48th that right now you could make a case for winning the Region.
-
Lincoln County's Ethan Spurlin scores 1000th point
Lincoln County's Ethan Spurlin scored his 1000th point Tuesday night during their game against Pulaski SW. Congratulations to a great kid and a great player.
-
Southwestern 62 Lincoln County 36
Terrible scenario for Lincoln, SW played a box and 1 and Lincoln was content with sticking Spurlin in the lane and letting the others Jack up 3's all night. The few they hit in the first half was fools gold, 3 for 3 looks good in the first quarter 3 for 10 for the game does not. With all that said the game was still in reach midway through the 4th quarter when Lincoln just completely quit, I know that sounds harsh but anyone who was there would have to agree. It was very similiar to the Garrard County game @ Garrard Co. Looking on the bright side, we now know how Lincoln can not beat SW.
-
Danville 68 Lincoln County 66
For whatever reason Cameron Burgess could not get any clock last year. Did not dress JV and did not play hardly any in Freshman games. I have heard the reason was because of a bad attitude but I honestly never saw it in the kid. Oh, well like someone said LC's loss is definitely Danvilles gain.
-
Russell County 58 Lincoln County 50
Lincoln will not win on pure talent this year, They will have to get much better to repeat.
-
Somerset Job
I would not rule out Jeff Jackson just yet. At least until you hear from him or Somerset that it is not going to happen. Pretty reliable source says that it is still in the works.
-
Somerset Job
Anything shaking on the Somerset Job?
-
Boyle County 2 Lincoln County 0
Word I am hearing is that Coach Masten told his team after the game that he is resigning.
-
Noah Keeton ( Lincoln Co. ) signs with Northwood University
Congratulations to Noah Keeton 6'-2" Guard from Lincoln County for signing with Northwood University in West Palm Beach, Florida. Rollie Massimino ( NCAA Champion Villanova 1985 ) is the coach at the NAIA school, which according to the article plans to go DII in two years. I am happy for this kid, I loved watching him play. He did not get as much pub as some other kids but was a solid basketball player. I think Rollie definitely got a diamond in the rough on this one. http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=40215&format=html Signing Story http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaysection§ion_id=100&format=html Signing Video http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=40331&format=html Rollie Massimino Q n A
-
Courier-Journal 1st, 2nd and 3rd Teams
Great to see Noah Keeton from Lincoln County get a little recognition. This kid has been passed on for all the all star games and gets almost no pub. Talked with his dad the other day and he said that he is thinking about going to a small school in Florida. How this kid was not looked at more blows me away. IMO, he is one of the best pure shooters in the state.
-
Dunbar 66 Lincoln County 58
SNOWCAT, I disagree with you on the corner comment. I have never seen Keeton back down from handling the basketball ( ie. Madison Central ). I think it may be that Jackson wants the ball in Youngs hands? Most of the games I have seen like Boyle and the other night against Dunbar Lincoln has Edgington back with Young, which doesn't make sense to me. I love watching Keeton and Young with the ball in the open court.
-
Dunbar 66 Lincoln County 58
Lincoln plays it's best when Young doesn't handle it exclusively. IMO Keeton probably sees the floor just as well maybe better, but doesn't handle it as much. That is just my opinion from the half a dozen or so games I have watched Lincoln play this year. You are right, Lincoln will rebound.:ylsuper:
-
Dunbar 66 Lincoln County 58
I thought that Keeton was definitely the best player on the floor for Lincoln Tonight. When he went out of the game Lincoln was not very good. Dion Johnson had alot to do with Ryan Young's problems tonight. You just don't see that kind of athleticism in the 12th Region. I think Lincoln had 2 problems tonight that I had not seen all year long. 1) I thought that other than Keeton they played intimidated. 2) The Juniors played like inexperienced players. For Lincoln to make a run they need to quit settling on 1 on 1 offense and threes. Tonight the 1 on 1 got tossed to the third row and the 3's weren't falling.
-
Where does Lincoln turn...
Heard from a pretty reliable source that Stonebraker said he is not interested. Coach French had things going well, here's hoping that someone of equal or higher coaching ability gets the job.
-
McCreary Central vs. Lincoln County Predictions 1/29
One thing I have noticed about Lincoln County is that they usually play better in the bigger games. I look for a 74-62 win by the Patriots. It should be a good one. Will the broadcast on 102.9 be live or a replay later. I have watched Lincoln 4 or 5 times this year so I know of their big 3 and surrounding cast. Can someone give me MC's lineup and strengths. I know of Watts but none of the others.
-
How many D-1 players
I agree, how this kid and the Young kid get no pub is beyond me. I think I saw in the paper where they are both averaging around 18 or 19 and they have won for a long time now at Lincoln, seems like they have been there forever. Don't know if they are solid Div. 1's but I think they could play at Eastern or Western.
-
Paintsville 72 Pikeville 69 2OT's
How can you say that JBS is only 10 points better than Pikeville when the final was 46 point spread. I could see 15-18 but not 46.
-
Who is the team to beat in the 12th Region?
We will find out who the best team is right now on Tuesday night, even though there are several teams who you would have to say have a shot at winning the 12th, these two teams have looked the most impressive so far.
-
Clay Co 53 North Laurel 44
How many did Seidel have for North Laurel, I really like his game.
-
"Working the officials"
Ronnie Bottoms of Boyle County works them pretty hard, but he always seems to be their best friend.
-
Top 10 Players in 12th Region
I would have a hard time finding 3 better than Ryan Young, Noah Keeton and Ethan Spurlin of Lincoln County.