Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dunbar 66 Lincoln County 58

Featured Replies

Final from Stanford.

 

Dunbar got the lead in the middle of the second quarter and never looked back. The game was tied a few times in the 4th quarter but Lincoln never led in the second half.

Really thought Lincoln would snatch this one. How did Young play?

Final from Stanford.

 

Dunbar got the lead in the middle of the second quarter and never looked back. The game was tied a few times in the 4th quarter but Lincoln never led in the second half.

 

Lincoln did lead in the second half, although the lead went back and forth throughout most of the second half, Lincoln held the lead late in the 4th quarter 52-49.:thumb:

Really thought Lincoln would snatch this one. How did Young play?

 

Ryan didn't play his best game last night, had quite a few turnovers, which is very uncharacteristic. I think he tried to do too much by himself, and should have passed the ball more. I believe he was trying to drive it in and draw fouls, but the refs weren't seeing them, or else he would get blocked on his shots in the lane.

 

It really was a good game, and was really very close until the very end, when Lincoln had to foul, and took a couple of ill-advised shots rather than setting it up. The game was much closer than the final score!

 

Also, the Lincoln JV lost in overtime!:cry:

I thought that Keeton was definitely the best player on the floor for Lincoln Tonight. When he went out of the game Lincoln was not very good.

 

Dion Johnson had alot to do with Ryan Young's problems tonight. You just don't see that kind of athleticism in the 12th Region.

 

I think Lincoln had 2 problems tonight that I had not seen all year long. 1) I thought that other than Keeton they played intimidated. 2) The Juniors played like inexperienced players.

 

For Lincoln to make a run they need to quit settling on 1 on 1 offense and threes. Tonight the 1 on 1 got tossed to the third row and the 3's weren't falling.

CKYhoopsfan, you are right. Keeton was the only player who was not "shook up".

 

Ryan Young was driving the ball too deep and getting caught with nothing to do except get swatted. Easily the worse game Young has played this year. He is a gamer, and will be fine. The kid has had an amazing career. You don't see athletes like Johnson in the 12th. He actually did better on Ryan than I have ever seen before.

 

The bright spot is that LC played bad, and still had a chance to win it. They had the lead with under 3 minutes to go. Bad execution, and some costly fouls really hurt.

It seems like that whenever Lincoln struggles, it's because Ryan Young tries to do too much. He's a fantastic player, but occasionally tries to step outside of the offense.

 

A loss to Dunbar isn't necessarily a bad thing, though. The Bulldogs are a legitimate Top 25 team. Lincoln will rebound and I expect them to continue their march to a regional championship.

Good road win for Coach Redd and his Dawgs.

From what I saw tonight Young shot 7 to 8 shots..He didn't force anything in the second half, and hit a big shot to give the pats their last lead of the game..What is forgotten is that he was the lone ballhandler going through the Bulldogs extreme pressure throughout the whole game. He did not bring his A game, but I believe the pats ill-advised threes, and rebounding did them in tonight. But I expect Young and the pats to rebound, and get ready for the stretch run

From what I saw tonight Young shot 7 to 8 shots..He didn't force anything in the second half, and hit a big shot to give the pats their last lead of the game..What is forgotten is that he was the lone ballhandler going through the Bulldogs extreme pressure throughout the whole game. He did not bring his A game, but I believe the pats ill-advised threes, and rebounding did them in tonight. But I expect Young and the pats to rebound, and get ready for the stretch run

 

Lincoln plays it's best when Young doesn't handle it exclusively. IMO Keeton probably sees the floor just as well maybe better, but doesn't handle it as much. That is just my opinion from the half a dozen or so games I have watched Lincoln play this year. You are right, Lincoln will rebound.:ylsuper:

Does Lincoln start any juniors?

Does Lincoln start any juniors?

 

Lincoln starts #4 Trevor Edgington a 5'9 junior guard, and #22 Ethan Spurlin a 6'3 junior forward.

I agree with you ckyhoopsfan that Lincoln does a better job when Young gets a break from handling the rock all the time..But against athletic teams Keeton seems to drift to the corner, where he becomes strictly a shooter.. many times last night Young was left in the backcourt by himself without any help at all..They both see the court well, with young being more of an oldschool player and keeton the flashy player.:ylsuper:

I agree with you ckyhoopsfan that Lincoln does a better job when Young gets a break from handling the rock all the time..But against athletic teams Keeton seems to drift to the corner, where he becomes strictly a shooter.. many times last night Young was left in the backcourt by himself without any help at all..They both see the court well, with young being more of an oldschool player and keeton the flashy player.:ylsuper:

 

SNOWCAT, I disagree with you on the corner comment. I have never seen Keeton back down from handling the basketball ( ie. Madison Central ).

 

I think it may be that Jackson wants the ball in Youngs hands?

 

Most of the games I have seen like Boyle and the other night against Dunbar Lincoln has Edgington back with Young, which doesn't make sense to me. I love watching Keeton and Young with the ball in the open court.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.