Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southernkyhoops

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southernkyhoops

  1. Russ is a great player and had a great state tournament but I would still take ole pops right now, he was impossible to guard. Russ will be a terriffic college player for Happy and might be better than dad by next year (when he should compete for Mr basketball), but we will see.
  2. The people of Clinton County love Todd Messer, he will not leave the Bulldogs!
  3. Edmonson did win in 1976, my bad. Ballard must have returned and won it in 1977.
  4. 1976 Louisville Male with Griffith and Turner. They won the state the year before and lost to Ballard in the regional with basically the same team. Oh yea, Ballard went on to win the state in 1976 with Jeff Lamp scoring 43 in the championship game.
  5. Free throw differiential 38 to 12, WOW! Sounds like the officials were going to make sure LC didn't win it. Holmes can play, should be a great final.
  6. Lex Cath over Holmes by 12, speaking of superior talent and superior teams, tomarrow's game will not be close.
  7. Slone has the sweetest, purest stroke I have seen in a while. He is also more athletic than I thought. If he plays anywhere near as well agaist Holmes, I think he will recieve multiple DI offers. This state tournament has been awsome so far. I loved the performances turned in by Paintsville, Elliott County, and Holmes. Got to feel for Lincoln, they are alot better than they played today. If Holmes gets by Paintsville (I hope not) it will be a terrific matchup with Lex Cath and I like the Bulldogs chances. PT and Mason will be a great game as well. My boys were so excited they went out and played when we got home, after midnight.
  8. Lincoln is considerably better than the other 3 remaining teams. It would take a huge upset to keep the Pats from going back to back.
  9. Lincoln will play in Rupp, no one left that can beat them!
  10. Did the Perkins boys go to PC in the 1980's?
  11. Wayne vs. Lincoln in the finals. Coach Woods back to Rupp Arena, you heard it here first. Lincoln is the better team but it's hard to repeat and coach Woods has always been known to win the big one! Either team is ok by me, they both have 1st class programs. Good luck to everyone!
  12. Wayne can win the 12th, especially if Lincoln starts thinking they are home free with the McCreary Central loss.
  13. I think parents need to watch games and enjoy them and let the coach do the coaching. You will not be able to keep their stats when they start work and don't get the credit they deserve. College coaches don't care about stats, they care about defensive quickness and effort, attitude, and your potential upside along with your potential to improve. The only stat they worry about is GPA. Seriously, college coaches go by what they see, not what they read(stats). I do understand that parents like to keep stats to save for their child, show their child, or encourage their child, but I think when used for extra coaching at home it only puts more pressure on the child. Learn to enjoy the game, let the coach do their job, and when it's over, it's over. It's a game used to teach life leasons about effort and team work. A whole lot less than 1% will ever make a living through basketball, let them enjoy it! If you will notice alot of kids get a chance to play at the next level but decide not to because they don't enjoy it anymore. Ever wonder why?
  14. It's relevant on the middle school basketball board because he was the most dominate player in the 6th grade state. As far as AAU goes, it is irrelevant. Baseball??? Isn't that a game they play in the summer when some people think it's too hot to play basketball?
  15. With the 6th grade Somerset/Clinton/Wayne rivalry I think the team that physically matures the most will be the best. We are at the age where some will take off and some will still be a year or two away. I think all 3 are no where near maturing completely which says alot about what they have accomplished. In middles school alot of times, maturity rules over ability, not the case in this situation with these 3 teams.
  16. Somerset-Meece, and a healthy South Laurel will be a top teams in the 8th grade as well. What about the Walton team? Will they play 7th next year? They have 2 outstanding guards. Somerset will be a strong contender if Dishman plays in the 7th grade. Wayne county is adding a big kid, he is moving to Monticello this summer will make them extra strong. I heard the big kid from Sayre is moving back to New York and leaving the Warriors as well. Other strong 7th grade teams will be Central, Hazard, Lincoln County, and LTMS. The Scott County teams will be a big factor as well. In 6th grade Wayne County, Rose Hill, Mason County, Lincoln County, Somerset, and Southern will all be very strong. Clinton's 6th could be strong but Dalton and Davis may only play on the 7th and 8th grade teams, small town not much depth in some grades.
  17. I guess this thread will be closing really soon. I have really enjoyed talking middle school basketball with everyone this season, good luck this summer and I hope to chat with everyone next season! How about one last topic. Who will be the teams to beat next year at the middle school state tournament in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade?
  18. We played Lincoln's 5th last night and they are a very talented bunch. Lincoln has a very bright future.
  19. I need to sign up for one of those big kids. First Sayre, now Scott County. I would like to be next on the list to get a 6'+ 6th or 7th grader. It appears most of them come from up East, got to get up there. I am sort of joking, but I guess you do what you have to do!
  20. How many of the kids you mentioned making up the Scott County teams have actually lived in Scott County since birth? How many have moved into the Georgetown area?
  21. Congratulations to Scott County! That was a terrific explanation of what happened... I appreciate it. How good are you guys going to be when all 3 schools go together, WOW! Great job by Russel County, way to make the 4th region (16th district) look good! Congrats to Britt and Robertson on being all tourney! I know all of the boys played well. Congrats to Shelton and to the Cards of Wayne County as well.
  22. Everyone I talked with said Scott was the best and deserved it! I'm just asking if there was that big of a discrepency in fouls called in the last 4 games? Each of them blamed their own team for losing but mentioned the ratio of fouls in their particular game. It is probably coincidence or maybe Scott County attacks the basket and just draws more fouls. I am only asking if there was a large difference in fouls called in the last 3-4 games or if it just seemed that way? If so, why do you think that occured? You seem to know alot about Scott County... was there a large foul differential? I am familiar with the talent Scott has and it doesn't suprise me at all that they won, please don't feel as though anyone is taking away from their accomplishment. One other thing, to win 2 of the last 3 in overtime shows great character and a championship caliber mental approach by the players and coaching staff.
  23. Scott Co- Defeated Wayne Co in OT. Russell Co. Lincoln County Christain County I hope it's a Russell/ Lincoln final but look for Scott Co to defeat Christain Co in the championship game.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.