Everything posted by southernkyhoops
-
Could Holmes bring NKY its first state championship in 28 yrs?
I think Holmes may be the 2nd best team in the state but I really do not think it will be that close. I am not a fan of Scott County, I hope Holmes wins by 20. I just think you are talking about a different caliber of player, the Scott County kids have played agaist the best in the country. I think a team like Elliott County, if they get hot from the perimiter, has a better chance to beat Scott County. I do think that Holmes would beat Elliott in a great game. Any of the top teams in Louisville will also have a shot at beating Scott.
-
Could Holmes bring NKY its first state championship in 28 yrs?
Scott County is better than Holmes at every spot. The only way Holmes wins the state is if Scott gets beat in the 11th region tourney.
-
Monroe Co./Green Co. predictions
I like Monroe County 28-20. Green County likes to talk smack. Last season Metcalfe County shut them up, this season it will be Monroe County.
-
NKU and the Sweet 16
What about the All A state tournament, it started in Northern Kentucky.
-
12th Region: What's new?
McCreary had a good 8th grade bunch last season but they don't have anyone like those kids in the middle school this year based on what I remember. They aren't bad, they're just not as talented as the 8th grade kids last season.
-
What's the scoop om Watt's injury?
McCreary Central star suffers a severe arm injury? How? How long to recover?
-
Lewis Co. loses its top 3 young athletes
Didn't the 7th grader play AAU with some Mason County kids the past few years? If not, I have the wrong player in mind.
-
Lewis Co. loses its top 3 young athletes
I think most of them are playing AAU with the teams somewhere else, in turn they are building friendships, and deciding to go play with their friends.
-
12th Region: What's new?
Southwestern has some excellent young kids that will make a difference this season. They play year around, I promise you they have improved greatly and matured.
-
Could Holmes bring NKY its first state championship in 28 yrs?
I love Elliott County's team but I agree, Holmes had a little too much for them. If Elliott had the 3 ball going it would have been verry interesting though.
-
Could Holmes bring NKY its first state championship in 28 yrs?
To me, the way to determine how good they were is the state tournament and they both looked pretty impressive from my seat!
-
UK host Kentucky HS prospects at Madness
Agreed!
-
UK host Kentucky HS prospects at Madness
My comment was for eta rho. If you judge the premeier program by titles, then UCLA would be the best program. When you consider total victories, conference domination, national titles and fan base most people would agree that UK has the greatest program, and program is the word you used.
-
UK host Kentucky HS prospects at Madness
There is NO PROGRAM BETTER THAN UK. They may be better this season but Kentucky is THE premier program in the history of college basketball. You could make that comment about UC but to say that about UK proves your lack of knowledge about college basketball.
-
Green County 70 Metcalfe County 0
Talk about running it up. WOW! What has happened at Metcalfe County? A loss like this may set their program back 10 years.
-
12th Region: What's new?
1. MC 2. Boyle Co 3. Wayne Co. 4. Lincoln Co 5.My sleeper.... Garrad Co.
-
Clinton Co 2008/2009
Dyer will be really good as well. Those 4 can really play and they have size.
-
Clinton Co 2008/2009
Clinton wil be tough. They return everyone and I look for them to be a real sleeper in the 4th.
-
Wayne County/ Jackson County Predictions
I change my vote, Wayne County 42-0.
-
Lynn Camp/Clinton County Predictions
Clinton will pull the upset here. LC is hurting and will be overconfident, Clinton is better than the score agaist Williamsburg indicates plus LC won't throw it 25-30 times. Clinton 24-20.
-
Wayne County/ Jackson County Predictions
Jackson 28 Wayne 24
-
Campbellsville 33 Lynn Camp 12
Clinton County could upset Lynn Camp this week.
-
Best Point Guard in the state?
Faulkner is the BEST point guard in the state today. There is not a high school coach in Kentucky that wouldn't love to have him. There are 3 or 4 that will be better college players but, right now, Faulkner is the man. Plain and simple, he is a WINNER and makes everyone around him better. He sacrifices personal glory for team accomplishment and that in itself is the definition of a great point guard.
-
12th Region: What's new?
Watts broke out along time ago!
-
Danville/Russell Co. Predictions:
The Lakers will roll, say 28-7.