Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Monroe Co./Green Co. predictions

Monroe vs. Green for district 3 championship 28 members have voted

  1. 1. Monroe vs. Green for district 3 championship

    • Monroe County
      46%
    • Green County
      53%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Big game for both teams, winner takes district 3 championship and gets Fort Knox at home, loser has to play a dangerous Washington Co. team who Green has already played and only beat by 8...

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I like Monroe County's chances in this game, it will be a huge challenge to slow the Green Co. offense down, however I believe the Falcons are up for the challenge. IMO the Falcons strength is the ability to stop the run which is Green's bread and butter. One thing is for sure, it will be a packed house in Greensburg next week...

Monroe Co. 34

Green Co.32

Since its in Greensburg, I'll go with the Dragons. That "stadium" is one of the state's unsung homefield advantages. Appears as if it will be a great ballgame, though.

Green County is a tough team, tougher than anyone Monroe has seen as of this date. Green County by more than most will think.

The Class 2A #8 Monroe County Falcons (6-1) travel to face the #4 Green County Dragons (8-0) in a game for the District 3 Championship. Both teams suffer injuries to their starting tailbacks and things are shaping up to be a great game. What is everyones predictions and thoughts on this one. :thumb:

Hey SEMPERFIFALCON ! I know this may not mean much but I would like to ask your opinion on something. Last season the Dragons defeated the Falcons twice by a combined score of 101-6 (53-6 at Monroe, and 48-0 at Green). Both of these teams return the nucleus of the players off those teams. I know Monroe Co. is much improved from last season but do you think that they are 7 touchdowns improved? I believe Monroe's biggest challenge has been Greenwood (a game they lost 35-21). The Dragons have faced teams in preseason like Lexington Christian, Ballard, and in season against Hazard, Washington Co., and a underated Christian Academy-Louisville. I believe the Dragons have really been under the fire and know what its like to win a close battle. I can't really say that for Monroe Co.

 

I am by no means trying to disrespect the Falcons. I have the utmost respect for their coaches, players, and people of the Tompkinsville community. This friday night will be a good one and everyone will get their moneys worth. These type of games is why we love friday nights in October here in Kentucky. Good luck to both teams and I really hope they both escape the injury bug that sometimes sneaks upon us...see ya at the game SEMPERFIFALCON !

Green County 64 Monroe County 60

Green County 64 Monroe County 60
Wow, do you're not predicting a defensive tussle.

 

:lol:

  • Author
I know Monroe Co. is much improved from last season but do you think that they are 7 touchdowns improved?

 

 

If this current Monroe Co. team could play last years team they would/could beat them by more than 7 TD's...

 

They key for the Falcons will be stopping Rogers, Pendleton and Burton (they account for over 75% of Greens scoring) if they can slow them down and limit the turnovers they will win...

  • Author
Both teams suffer injuries to their starting tailbacks and things are shaping up to be a great game. :thumb:

 

I hadn't heard anything about Rogers getting hurt... Will he be ready by Friday?

Green County 64 Monroe County 60

 

For some reason I believe you've probably hit the nail on the head.

 

 

I'll go just a little lower though...

 

Green County 48

Monroe County 40

 

High Scoring game!

If this current Monroe Co. team could play last years team they would/could beat them by more than 7 TD's...

 

They key for the Falcons will be stopping Rogers, Pendleton and Burton (they account for over 75% of Greens scoring) if they can slow them down and limit the turnovers they will win...

 

Seems like you are really confident considering the Falcons have only scored 1 TD in the last 8 quarters against the Dragons. The Dragon defense has pitched back to back shutouts and the offense is averaging around 50 pts. a game. I won't give my prediction, I will just say, "Buckle your chin strap, you're gonna get hit!" :thumb:

Green Co. 42-24.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.