Green County 70 Metcalfe County 0

Toebud

I'm sorry, maybe I'm alone on this one. What the heck does it prove when you beat a team 70 to NOTHING!!!! I don't know either competitors in this situation, but this is CLASSLESS!!! I will say this to anyone FACE TO FACE!!! Isn't a 38-3 or 7 win just the same? I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, and I say bring it on!!! but I hate seeing these scores in high school, middle school, little league, etc. There is no place for that.

I can't stand this crap happening at any level. I know I haven't always spoke up about this, but there has to be something that can be done. What about the other team??? These are KIDS, not NFL players!!! They don't deserve to be humiliated...ever. If you disagree then that says enough about you as a man to me!!!

Edited by STRIKE3
removed Rule #8 comment

Talk about running it up. WOW! What has happened at Metcalfe County? A loss like this may set their program back 10 years.

Set it back 10 years...you're probably right. Way to go GC!!! You negatively affected an entire school system that is smaller than you. You should be proud...dang, there's no smilie face for sarcasm.

Sorry guys...I know it seems like only one game, but this has been brewing a while. Truth be told, I don't care for either program...I used to play against both when I played and considered them a rivalry...I just hate these ridiculous scores. What does it prove???

I'm sorry, maybe I'm alone on this one. What the heck does it prove when you beat a team 70 to NOTHING!!!! I don't know either competitors in this situation, but this is CLASSLESS!!! I will say this to anyone FACE TO FACE!!! Isn't a 38-3 or 7 win just the same? I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, and I say bring it on!!! but I hate seeing these scores in high school, middle school, little league, etc. There is no place for that.

I can't stand this crap happening at any level. I know I haven't always spoke up about this, but there has to be something that can be done. What about the other team??? These are KIDS, not NFL players!!! They don't deserve to be humiliated...ever. If you disagree then that says enough about you as a man to me!!!

Lets get something clear. The game was over at halftime. (40-0) The Hornets had (-18) total yards in this game. The second offense was in the whole second half. The defense scores two touchdowns in the second half on a interception ran back for TD and a fumble recovery ran back for a TD. Then the freshmen scored twice on the Hornets with the Hornet's starters still in...what else do you do in this situation. So to get on here an bash a team because they scored 70...it helps to know the situation before hand. You can't tell a freshman or JV crew not to play hard when they get the opportunity to go in. This game could have been even worse considering there were plenty of flags thrown in situation that could have given Green Co. the ball back. Metcalfe had two first downs the entire game and they both were on penalties. "I will say something and It really doesn't matter if people don't like it.... if the opposing team does not like the final score, all I can say is get better !" If the roles were reversed, and they have been, the Hornets would have not stopped scoring either...case in point was last season during the second round of the playoffs when the Hornets were up 41-14 on the Dragons and every starter for Metcalfe Co. was still in the game. Way to go Dragons !!! :thumb:

Edited by STRIKE3
edited quote

Metcalfe was in the state state semis last year. They are in a down cycle. Green is in a cycle where the whole team has been basically starting since they were freshmen. They are good. When all these guys graduate, Griffiths will "retire" again and Green will go back to being Green. Over the long haul, I like Metcalfe's chances a little better.

If the reserves, JV and Freshman were playing for GC the second half, what do you expect them to do. When the backups are in, you can't tell them to take it easy or not try! You can't send an offensive unit out to take a knee on three straight plays and then punt so the other team can catch up. It sounds like if the GC coach didn't have some class they would have hit the century mark with ease. No WHINNING in football - there is always the band!

Edited by STRIKE3
edited quote

Metcalfe was in the state state semis last year. They are in a down cycle. Green is in a cycle where the whole team has been basically starting since they were freshmen. They are good. When all these guys graduate, Griffiths will "retire" again and Green will go back to being Green. Over the long haul, I like Metcalfe's chances a little better.

Not sure where you are getting your info because Coach G doesn't plan on leaving any time soon. The talent here in Green is going to continue for quiet some time. The freshman class is loaded and the younger guys below them are just as good. They have about 200 guys playing in their little league program therefore I expect the Dragons to be pretty darn good for a long time. Get use to the beatdowns ! :thumb: