Everything posted by southernkyhoops
-
6th Grade Basketball 2010
No real upsets tonight, pretty much what everyone expected.
-
NKMSBL Week of 1/18/10
Heard Walton beat Conner in a nail biter! 8th
-
4th Region Rankings
I watched Tates Creek soundly defeat Shelby Valley in finals of the AAU state this summer. They ARE a quality opponent and could easily win the 11th region if Scott County blinks. I think Bowling Green and Warren Central are lower tier top 20 programs. Both are a little better than anyone else in the region followed closely by Glasgow and Russellville. These are the top 4. After that, there are 5 other teams capable of winning the region. Should be a great regional tourney! Could be a year for Cinderella!
-
Barren County/Warren Central predictions
Central by as many as they want and then some.
-
Bowling Green 73 Warren Central 70
Clinton County lost at Russell County tonight 52-50. The Bulldogs outplayed the Lakers without Durham (sitting out 1 game) and missed an 8 footer in the last 10 seconds that would have put them up. Both of these teams are playing very good right now and match up very favorably with Warren Central and Bowling Green.
-
4th Region Rankings
Fair enough!
-
4th Region Rankings
Clinton County and Russell County are every bit as good as Glasgow, Franklin Simpson, and Russellville. Just say Bowling Green and Warren Central are a cut above the rest with several other teams who could win a game or two in Diddle in the mix. How many times have you seen Clinton play since they have their full roster in place? You always used an excuse when Warren Central's PG was injured. Don't make definitive statements about the region when you haven't seen everyone play. Clinton returns 4 starters this season and a very talented sophomore class to a team that crushed Russellville last year and lost by 1-2 in the district to Cumberland at Cumberland. I think Cumberland and Russell proved how tough the 16th district was last season in the regional tournament and everyone is better this season.
-
4th Region Rankings
Once again you give the 16th no credit, Russell and Clinton are in the group that could win it. Clinton got Durham back this week and destroyed Cumberland and Metcalfe. Russell has some very nice wins and barely lost at Greenwood. Clinton is the hottest team in the region, Durham is back from his broken leg and they have a sophomore guard that has been on fire. Clinton was up close to 30 on both Cumberland and Metcalfe in the 2nd half before they called off the dogs. As weak as the region is this year, Clinton and Russell could meet in the finals! I do think WC will beat BG but I also think they are capable of losing to anyone in the regional tourney as well. Just not like it used to be, you are going to need to accept that. WC domination is over! 1 Warren Central 2 Bowling Green 3 Franklin-Simpson 4 Russellville 5 Glasgow 6 Greenwood 7 Russell Co. 8 Clinton
-
How good is McCreary Central?
I think they are the best team in the region, the real question is can they put 3 good games in row together in March?
-
6th Grade Basketball 2010
The state tournament is only 3 weeks away. Who are some of the top teams in the state. In the southern part of the state Adair County is undefeated and very good. Clinton County is 20-5 and could make some noise. I think Pulaski County has a very good record as well as Mercer County. Who is the best team in NKY? What about eastern Ky? I hear that Paintsville is pretty good. In western Ky their should be a pretty good team in the Hopkinsville area and I haven't heard anything from Lexington or Louisville this year.
-
8th & 9th grade Hoopscoop rankings for KY Players
All 5 named are super players but I would agree that today Hatton is the best player. I have seen all 5 play numerous times but I haven't seen any of them in the past 3-4 months. Like one poster said, it really doesn't matter today...if they are ranked that high as juniors and sophomores then we really have something to talk about. I believe all 5 would be top 100 players at this time...lets hope they are in 2-3 years. Good luck to all!
-
Middle school Basketball 2009-2010
All of Clinton County's 7th and 8th grade ballers(langford, davis, dalton) will be at the high school this year. Probably will not even participate in the middle school state at the 7th or 8th grade levels. Clinton 6th will be strong and will make the trip to lexington.
-
Talking to a Legend: Ervin Stepp
Stepp had tremendous elevation on his jumper and a quick release. He was one of the greatest scorers that ever lived in the bluegrass. The reason he didn't play more at the next level was because he couldn't defend. Beal was a better prospect at the next level but there is no way Stepp is not Mr Basketball in 1980. Beal's numbers didn't justify it. Stepp's numbers were out of this world. Beal = better player, Stepp = Mr Basketball. No doubt on either, and I have played agaist both in the day.
-
Top Freshman
I think Ferguson will make the biggest impact this season. He will have a big year at Madison Central.
-
Top Freshman
Hicks, Quick, and Ferguson are in a class by themselves. The next 15-20 could be in any order on any particular day! All the kids mentioned are outstanding players and have a chance to play D1 basketball if they continue to improve. This class is loaded!
-
Top 10 teams next year?
I don't think Warren Central or Bowling Green ate top 10 teams. Warren Central might be top 20, Bowling Green is not the 2nd best team in the 4th.
-
Top 15 13u basketball players in Kentucky for the 2009 season
I could be mistaken, I saw him several times last season but only once this season and he didn't play that well. You and I both know you can't judge a player on 1 game. He is very talented, sorry if I missed that one. I just know the other two kids can flat play and play hard every possession.
-
Top 15 13u basketball players in Kentucky for the 2009 season
SHS Future, you need to change your name, and I think there are 5 or 6 kids better than the point guard you selected in your top 5. Other than that, it looks pretty good. McNeil is probably the most deserving of that 5th spot, I would also take the Hall kid from Moss over him as well. Stanley was a 6th grader, I would rate him tops in that class right now.
-
Top 15 13u basketball players in Kentucky for the 2009 season
It's the United States, alot of good men died so we could have the freedom to due what is legal and within the rules. I don't think anyone has a place to criticize anyone else as long as they are within the rules that are in place. There are several reasons to hold a child back and I think in each case it is solely up to the parents and the child until the rules state otherwise. I don't pass judgement on other people's decisions with their child, it's all I can do to try and raise my own. I don't think any of us on here have a child that will play in the NBA, surely we can find something better to waste our time talking about. I will tell you in the end there is not alot of difference between an 18 year old and a 19 year old. There is however, a significant difference between a 12 and a 13 year old. The argument could go on forever.
-
Top 15 13u basketball players in Kentucky for the 2009 season
Langford is from Clinton County, he started and played exceptionally well in the AAU JV state as well as the 14/u AAU state. Clinton County or the Albany Bulldogs did not participate in the 13/u or 12/u state. Langford will see some varsity minutes this season. Dalton and Davis will also only be playing JV as 7th graders. Langford was rated in the top 15 last season and had done nothing but improve. He is about 6'1" now. These 3 are the main cogs to the Clinton County middle school team which has finished runner-up and 3rd the past two seasons at the middle school state. It is a shame that Clinton County will not be able to make a run at the 8th grade middle school state this coming year but I guess it helps them to move on up and play agaist the best compitition possible.
-
Top 15 13u basketball players in Kentucky for the 2009 season
McNeil, Moeves,Langford, Shane Hall, and Hall from Moss Middle (PG). That would make 15. That would be a nice list but I would rank them a whole lot differently.
-
Shelby County News
Most AAU programs in Kentucky are completely above board and help raise the caliber of basketball talent in Kentucky. However, go to the AAU nationals and watch the environment around some of the elite teams. It is sad. I think about 30% of the teams at the national level cheat. I have never figured out why, because it deminishes the accomplishment. It is way to easy to doctor a birth certificate and I think it starts at a young age. No one checks the birth certificates so you could get by with anything. They glance at the date of birth and that is about it. I know several examples in Kentucky, my son played agaist a kid several years ago at the KBA in what would have been the 7th grade this year. He played in the 5th grade state this past season. I don't think there is any way he was legitimate. Back on the subject, 8th graders are recruited/ shopped as hard as high school juniors. Once you start at a school 9-12 you are bound by the transfer rules of the KHSAA, until then, I know of no one that tracts what happens. It is really amazing that there is not more of it going on because there is no one to stop it. We need a middle school state governing body in place to police this type of activity.:dancingpa
-
Shelby County News
I heard he will be his legal guardian and its a done deal. He played with the Ville alot longer than he played for Shelby County. The guy from the Ville is loaded and his son is on the same team. It was a done deal last year. Middle school kids are not governed by KHSAA rules, it goes on all of the time. You folks have got to get out to some AAU tournaments and see what goes on, especially at the 14/u level. It's alot worse most places than it is in Kentucky.
-
Rumor: Chane Behanan of Aiken to Bowling Green?
Clinton County scrimaged BG on Friday. Chane is very athletic but strength is his real asset. He is not as athletic as the kid from Holmes but much stronger. He will give Fant fits. He handles the ball very well, is a good defender when he wants to be, above average shooter, but he has a big time D1 body. He will play at UC and should be the best player in the state if he plays hard every possession (he took a few plays off). He will struggle with a lack of talent around him and will see alot of double teams this season. BG is athletic but doesn't have alot of skilled basketball players returning. He and coach Sherrill were still trying to figure out where he best fits in and how to use his talents. It will be interesting this season but I don't think BG has enough to beat Central.
-
Clinton County 2009/2010
Should be a top 5 team in the 4th with a great chance of winning 20 games. They should be a title contender in the All A and this start a long run for Clinton County over the next few years. They are loaded with young talent and have an excellent coaching staff in place.