14th Region basketball 2011-12?

I think that Buckhorn has most of their team back, led by 6'6 Day, probably the region's top player.

Perry Central will have 5'9 guard Braxton Beverly back. He'll be in the 8th grade. Really shined at the state tournament. They also have one of the Cornett boys back. I think he's about 6'5.

Hazard has got some good young players coming up through their system. They always seem to be able to replace graduates without much trouble.

Letcher Central had a young team last year and should be in the mix next year. They played Perry central within 3 points in the region this year.

I think Knott Central was hit heavily by graduation. Don't really know what htey will have back next year.

Perry Central probably brings enough back to stay No. 1

Buckhorn and Letcher have all their key players returning and will have senior-dominated teams. Hazard should also stay in the top five.

Perry Central probably brings enough back to stay No. 1

Buckhorn and Letcher have all their key players returning and will have senior-dominated teams. Hazard should also stay in the top five.

The talk at the State Tuurnament was that Buckhorn would be the team to beat. Anyone know anything about their Coach,looked awful young?

I think that Buckhorn has most of their team back, led by 6'6 Day, probably the region's top player.

Perry Central will have 5'9 guard Braxton Beverly back. He'll be in the 8th grade. Really shined at the state tournament. They also have one of the Cornett boys back. I think he's about 6'5.

Hazard has got some good young players coming up through their system. They always seem to be able to replace graduates without much trouble.

Letcher Central had a young team last year and should be in the mix next year. They played Perry central within 3 points in the region this year.

I think Knott Central was hit heavily by graduation. Don't really know what htey will have back next year.

Love to talk 14th region basketball, sat by a fellow at the state tournament who was telling me about the PCC-Hazard rivarly. Is it still as intense as it used to be? Is there a reason for it? How do others in that region feel about Hazard and PCC? How big of a school is Buckhorn, have they ever been to the state tournament? Thanks to anyone that can answer or add to these questions.

Love to talk 14th region basketball, sat by a fellow at the state tournament who was telling me about the PCC-Hazard rivarly. Is it still as intense as it used to be? Is there a reason for it? How do others in that region feel about Hazard and PCC? How big of a school is Buckhorn, have they ever been to the state tournament? Thanks to anyone that can answer or add to these questions.

Hazard-Perry Central rivalry is one of the most intense in the state, which I suppose is one of the reason they may not be currently playing in the regular season. There's possibly issues over transfers between the schools over the years as well. PCC's former coach, Al Holland, is now the coach at Hazard. There's just a lot of bitterness between these two schools for various reasons and they just seem to have trouble working through all that. Buckhorn, which is located in the same county, plays both of them and seems to have a pretty good relationship with each.

Buckhorn has about 200 students. The school is located in the northwest section of the county. Perry County is shaped a little like the state of Florida, and Buckhorn would be located in what would be the panhandle section if it were Florida.

Buckhorn has been to the Sweet 16 twice--1988 and 1989. If I'm not mistaken, until they made it out of the region in 1988 they had never played in the regional tournament. They won the region the first time they ever competed in it, and they've had a high school there since there's been basketball tournaments in Kentucky....a long time. Their coach during their trips to Rupp is now the current superintendent of Perry County Schools, John Paul Amis.

Hazard-Perry Central rivalry is one of the most intense in the state, which I suppose is one of the reason they may not be currently playing in the regular season. There's possibly issues over transfers between the schools over the years as well. PCC's former coach, Al Holland, is now the coach at Hazard. There's just a lot of bitterness between these two schools for various reasons and they just seem to have trouble working through all that. Buckhorn, which is located in the same county, plays both of them and seems to have a pretty good relationship with each.

Buckhorn has about 200 students. The school is located in the northwest section of the county. Perry County is shaped a little like the state of Florida, and Buckhorn would be located in what would be the panhandle section if it were Florida.

Buckhorn has been to the Sweet 16 twice--1988 and 1989. If I'm not mistaken, until they made it out of the region in 1988 they had never played in the regional tournament. They won the region the first time they ever competed in it, and they've had a high school there since there's been basketball tournaments in Kentucky....a long time. Their coach during their trips to Rupp is now the current superintendent of Perry County Schools, John Paul Amis.

I used to love watching Buckhorn when Amis was the coach. He played Rick Pitino's style of basketball before Pitino brought it to Kentucky.

I used to love watching Buckhorn when Amis was the coach. He played Rick Pitino's style of basketball before Pitino brought it to Kentucky.

I agree. John Paul was a great coach. He's superintendent now but I'd say he really misses coaching. He' was never afraid to experiment and try new things. And he was very good at adapting the right offense/defense to the matrial he was coaching.