February 12, 201214 yr Author Digger is a tool. He thinks he's more important than he actually is. Exactly!!! But he's a small tool, like say a hex key!
February 12, 201214 yr I don't really fault Digger for the Vandy pick. I honestly thought they would win. Still a long way to go, but UK responding extremely well right now. But his little preshow speech does seem rather stupid. I don't think it's his job to police it, and they're not doing anything wrong in the first place. Found this interesting: According to Vanderbilt officials, 2,200 attended the GameDay celebration, about 500 which were Kentucky fans. Phelps' ESPN co-host, Jay Bilas told the Herald-Leader's Jerry Tipton that Phelps' fears were unfounded, as there was no squabbling among the rival fans. Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/02/11/2064954/digger-gives-kentucky-fans-a-lecture.html#storylink=omni_popular#wgt=pop#storylink=cpy
February 12, 201214 yr Digger's rant had me pulling for UK last night. Made me sick. I also saw where he said the national title is UK's to lose.
February 12, 201214 yr Who does Digger think he is, God. Telling UK fans not to ruin it for Vandy since it is their game day. Would Vandy even have a game day if UK wasn't the team coming in to play. ESPN should love this, more fans mean better ratings.
February 13, 201214 yr Didn't Digger use a "stall ball" tactic against UK at Freedom Hall one year? I seem to recall he got a "beer bath" on the way to the locker room, too! (deserved). And Bob Knight HATES Kentucky. It eats at his soul that UK spoiled the Championship hopes of one his best teams. He refers to UK as "those cheatin' ...". Digger and Bob just lost too many recruiting wars to UK. :banana:
February 13, 201214 yr Well, it's obvious he has a little bias against UK. Digger's real tight with Bob Knight who won't even acknowledge UK's existence, so it doesn't surprise me. When Knight and Musberger call NCAA games, I've heard Musberger refer to UK at times and there is absolutely no response from Knight. Did someone from Lexington shoot his hunting dog? The game they did this week, it the silence anytie Musberger brought up UK was very awkward. Only UK fans woudln't notice I guess, but not a word from Mr. Knight. I'm glad someone else noticed that too.
February 13, 201214 yr The thing about Bob Knight is not only does he hate Kentucky anyway because of all the old IU/UK battles, but he absolutely hates John Calipari as well. You put the two of them together and that is some strong hate right there, and it shines through more often than not.
February 13, 201214 yr Digger and Knight have endured well past their usefulness. I hope they will both fall off a cliff into the sunset soon.
February 13, 201214 yr Digger and Knight have endured well past their usefulness. I hope they will both fall off a cliff into the sunset soon. Agree 100%
February 13, 201214 yr Digger and Knight have endured well past their usefulness. I hope they will both fall off a cliff into the sunset soon.[/QUO Although I like him as a person and I don't think he is anti-UK, Dick Vitale can join them, too. His schtick is stale.
February 13, 201214 yr I would agree that Digger should shut up. Digger is terrible and not sure why ESPN has him on.
February 13, 201214 yr I know of a person who was an ND legend in basketball, but his time was before Digger. He said that Digger came across as very arrogant to guys that graduated before he got there. Many people from ND do not care for him. I can see why he and Knight are such good friends. Their egos are through the roof, but Digger always let's Bobby have his way. He seems to be the kind of guy who is constantly on a power trip and willing to lick the boots of those in a more powerful position.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.