Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 78 Florida 58

Featured Replies

I love a good beatdown any time on the Vols and Gators.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I do like about this team compared to the last two years is it seems like they typically will respond well out of a time out. It seems like when Coach Cal stops the game because he has a coaching point that they usually adhere to his words and really you can see a difference in their play immediately afterwards where as with other teams you might see them using two quick TO's just two try to fix the same problems.

 

Also I loved the play where UK was doing an inbounds play from under their basket and Dicky V commented about Florida not letting Davis catch it down low and forcing him out top. Then less than a minute later in the exact same situation Teague got it in low to Davis who handed it back off to Teague who then lobbed it to Davis for the dunk. Was awesome.

I think my favorite part of last night was a phone call I got from a good friend of mine who lives out in Maryland, he went to Towson University (they just came off a 40+ game losing streak haha!). Last night was the first time he watched Kentucky this year. He goes, "Do they always play like this?" Hearing the excitement in his voice, and he's not even a fan, really made me realize how special this team is and how much Kentucky fans probably take the Wildcats for grated sometimes. We really do have something special here in the Bluegrass.

 

I can't wait for Saturday!

Someone just told me that they saw on EBAY this morning that those posters they passed of Davis for free were going for crazy prices.

My girlfriend and I are contemplating making the drive down to Nashville Saturday for the game. Only hiccup is I have a meeting I have to be at at noon on Sunday....:ohbrother:

Someone just told me that they saw on EBAY this morning that those posters they passed of Davis for free were going for crazy prices.

 

There is one with 26 bids at $152 with 11 hours left. WOW.

Not sure what to make of Florida. They have now lost to the #1, #2, and #3 ranked teams all on the road. Up until last night they were taking care of business and then ran in to a buzz saw.

 

I think they're a pretty solid team that is not quite on par with the big boys. However, they are probably capable of beating anyone on a given night if they get rolling from long distance.

I think they're a pretty solid team that is not quite on par with the big boys. However, they are probably capable of beating anyone on a given night if they get rolling from long distance.

 

This

Someone just told me that they saw on EBAY this morning that those posters they passed of Davis for free were going for crazy prices.

 

I talked to someone who was at the game and he said a lot of fans were very upset that their poster was gone when they got to the arena. He said other fans told him that people were stealing entire rows of posters, mostly in the upper arena. When UK places a poster of a future NBA star in each seat (and a limited number of posters were printed) they are asking for trouble. It would have been much better to handed each fan a poster as they entered the front gate.

IMO it would take a pretty low critter to steal another ticket holder's poster. I have no doubts that these were selling on EBAY today. That was probably the intent of the thieves when they took them.

If they were selling for 20 or 30 dollars I would probably buy one, as I think they are really cool. No way in hell I would spend 150 on a free poster. It is a 71 woodstock poster or anything. That's just absurd.

I talked to someone who was at the game and he said a lot of fans were very upset that their poster was gone when they got to the arena. He said other fans told him that people were stealing entire rows of posters, mostly in the upper arena. When UK places a poster of a future NBA star in each seat (and a limited number of posters were printed) they are asking for trouble. It would have been much better to handed each fan a poster as they entered the front gate.

IMO it would take a pretty low critter to steal another ticket holder's poster. I have no doubts that these were selling on EBAY today. That was probably the intent of the thieves when they took them.

 

Someone's making a few grand on a few minutes work.

Someone's making a few grand on a few minutes work.

 

UK sent a cease and desist letter to all the ebay sellers citing the NCAA rule that you can't sell items with a player's name/likeness.

UK sent a cease and desist letter to all the ebay sellers citing the NCAA rule that you can't sell items with a player's name/likeness.

 

So they just wait a few years.

Or months.

 

I'm an optimist.:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.