Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 78 Holmes 61

Featured Replies

Final.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

More to come later.

More to come later.
Like your new vote for POY?

Thought the score might be closer. Congrats to DH on the huge win!!!

What did Rice total tonight?

Early foul trouble with Rice and Palmer really hurt Holmes, Rice with a silly foul around half court and another on a questionable charge.

 

Brandon Hatton was amped up for this one. He had a monster first half and is my lock for POY in the 9th. Kid just takes over a game and Holmes had no answer for him. When he's in swag mode, watch out.

 

Holmes lost this game for several reasons imo. First, they got killed on the defensive glass and gave up stick back after stick back. Secondly, they were not very good from the free throw line tonight. What is their season %? Thirdly, they struggled mightily against Dixie's zone and could not get offensive flow. When they struggle to score, they cannot get into their press and this hurts their game of defense creates offense. Holmes is going to see plently of zone from here on out and they will need to solve this part of their offense.

 

Hatton was the best player on the floor and I would be remissed if I didn't mention Hassel. I thought Hassel hit some big shots in the 2nd half to hold Holmes at bay. Dixie also got some nice minutes from some younger players in Daria and Neihaus. Nice win for Dixie.

What did Rice total tonight?

 

I had him for 20...

Roman Empire summed it up well. Holmes missed 9 free throws the 1st half and I quit counting when they got to 13 mid way through the 3rd. Dixie was the much better team tonight. Holmes really played poorly on defense and the defensive glass. Dixie was more physical and hustled more. They really controlled the game from beginning to end. I never felt Holmes would get into the game. Hassel was the biggest difference in the game. Hatton played great but I expected that. Dixie took care of the ball and made their shots. They are the best team in the region by a lot if they play like this, nobody will challenge them. The better team won tonight.

You just never know. Dixie squeaks by Lloyd by 2; then takes advantage of what apparently wasn't a very good game by Holmes and wins easily.

You just never know. Dixie squeaks by Lloyd by 2; then takes advantage of what apparently wasn't a very good game by Holmes and wins easily.

 

I agree but if Dixie plays like tonight they will beat anyone in the 9th. You never know though which team will show up in high school games. Holmes plays like this occassionally and you can't do that against Dixie, HC, Cov Cath, NCC, Boone etc. The Bulldogs have the talent to win the region, I just don't know if they can play three tough games in a row without a let down.

You just never know. Dixie squeaks by Lloyd by 2; then takes advantage of what apparently wasn't a very good game by Holmes and wins easily.

 

Nah, I am sure it was more the refs than Holmes not just playing a good game! :D

  • Author
Like your new vote for POY?

 

?????

 

I said it should be Hatton or Rice.

 

Hatton finished with 25 or 27...Rice 20.

 

After tonight though, no question about it...Brandon Hatton is HANDS DOWN best player in the region.

?????

 

I said it should be Hatton or Rice.

 

Hatton finished with 25 or 27...Rice 20.

 

After tonight though, no question about it...Brandon Hatton is HANDS DOWN best player in the region.

Just wanted to read your written word.
What did Rice total tonight?

 

Hatton, I have tried to poke holes in his game and I give up. Good player but where do you play him in college? I would like to see him playing football also. He is fun to watch.

Rice really didn't get into his game and credit Dixie for that. He scored some meaningless points late. He had to sit the majority of the 1st half in foul trouble. Honestly, this game could have been worse. Dixie was up by 20 with about 5 minutes left and just took the air out of the ball and ran the clock.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.