Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 78 Holmes 61

Featured Replies

?????

 

I said it should be Hatton or Rice.

 

Hatton finished with 25 or 27...Rice 20.

 

After tonight though, no question about it...Brandon Hatton is HANDS DOWN best player in the region.

 

Hatton had 28 and 20 of those in the 1st half. Rice had 20 with 7 or so after Dixie was in full control...

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dixie vs Holmes 135.jpg
Dixie vs Holmes 289.jpg
Dixie vs Holmes 254.jpg
  • Author

I think Dixie wins and is the better team regardless but I'd really like to see this game played again with a different officiating crew. Neither team could get really get in a flow because so many fouls were being called.

 

Dixie tore Holmes press apart though. At one point, their offense seriously looked like a lay up line. Their transition game was very very good. Any time Holmes would cut in to the lead, Dixie would rattle off 6 or 8 straight to take control again.

 

Daria and Evans were both nice surprises tonight in the scoring column for the Colonels.

 

For Holmes not too many bright spots in a loss like this. Rice played well when he actually got to play and Hatton had trouble defending him one on one but other that, not too many positives I can point out. Defense was horrible, continually letting guys get behind the press for easy baskets and free throw shooting was worse. Just one of those games.

 

I sol say this though... James Bolden will DOMINATE the next three years. He made Hassel, Daria, and several other Dixie defenders look ridiculous off the dribble tonight. His handles are unreal for that age. Also got a rebound in traffic, cleared space out by using his body and drew the foul. I was surprised by his strength.

Bolden is going to be a very good one. His handle is tight for a young pup and he has one heck of a crossover already. I don't recall him sitting more than a minute or two in the JV game where he hit the game winner with 1.7 left and he didn't back down one bit against the big boys 20 minutes later. I'm sure his McDonald's All American campaign will be in full swing by this time next year... :sssh: :lol:

Early foul trouble with Rice and Palmer really hurt Holmes, Rice with a silly foul around half court and another on a questionable charge.

 

Brandon Hatton was amped up for this one. He had a monster first half and is my lock for POY in the 9th. Kid just takes over a game and Holmes had no answer for him. When he's in swag mode, watch out. Holmes lost this game for several reasons imo. First, they got killed on the defensive glass and gave up stick back after stick back. Secondly, they were not very good from the free throw line tonight. What is their season %? Thirdly, they struggled mightily against Dixie's zone and could not get offensive flow. When they struggle to score, they cannot get into their press and this hurts their game of defense creates offense. Holmes is going to see plently of zone from here on out and they will need to solve this part of their offense.

 

Hatton was the best player on the floor and I would be remissed if I didn't mention Hassel. I thought Hassel hit some big shots in the 2nd half to hold Holmes at bay. Dixie also got some nice minutes from some younger players in Daria and Neihaus. Nice win for Dixie.

 

Good call.

I thought Holmes rushed things offensively tonight, and didn't move the ball well and part of that was the fact that Palmer had to sit for a while in the first half.

In addition, Holmes did a poor job in halfcourt defense, and didnt do a good enough job of staying in front of their man.

Holmes shot free throws poorly and was woeful in the second half on the glass.

Holmes made two runs in the game to tie it in the first half and then again in the early third, when they got within a bucket.

 

Dixie played well and did a nice job in transition when they had opportunities. I thought they played solid and really moved the ball and for the most part knocked down open shots.

Hatton can play. You can't let him get stand still looks at the basket, he will knock it down. He is really good at driving and jumping into defenders which should be a no call but high school officials are not good enough to make the no call.

I thought the two big kids came in and gave Dixie solid minutes. Hansel was also very good.

 

Dixie is the clear favorite for the 9th Region crown and honestly, it would be an upset for anyone else to win it.

 

I also heard that Holy Cross chose to cancel their game with Dixie, of all their games they had remaining.

Congratulations to DH! It was their night. As said by many others there could be any of 5 teams to win the region. Right now, DH is the favorite.

Bolden is going to be a very good one. His handle is tight for a young pup and he has one heck of a crossover already. I don't recall him sitting more than a minute or two in the JV game where he hit the game winner with 1.7 left and he didn't back down one bit against the big boys 20 minutes later. I'm sure his McDonald's All American campaign will be in full swing by this time next year... :sssh: :lol:

 

The JV game winning shot.

 

Dixie vs Holmes 049.jpg

The JV game winning shot.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35644[/ATTACH]

 

Nice shot. I was a few feet to your right talking to Coach Listerman...

Other game photos

 

 

 

Thanks Gametime.

When Jordan Fox gets rid of the flash he is going to be a pain for every team. If he keeps throwing bad no looks he will not have to be accounted fior. Talent is there.

There was a whole lot of trash talk going on during the first quarter. Does this ever really help a team?

  • Author
Bolden is going to be a very good one. His handle is tight for a young pup and he has one heck of a crossover already. I don't recall him sitting more than a minute or two in the JV game where he hit the game winner with 1.7 left and he didn't back down one bit against the big boys 20 minutes later. I'm sure his McDonald's All American campaign will be in full swing by this time next year... :sssh: :lol:

 

Nice touch at the end GT.... :lol:

 

In all seriousness, I expect Bolden to be very good but how much he grows over the next 3 years will depend on what level he plays at. If he gets to 6'3, no doubt in my mind he'll be a big time prospect. A lot of variables involved though and a lot can happen in 3 years...we'll see.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.